print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 10: Restroom Respite

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 10: Restroom Respite

written by Joie

added on: 03 Nov 2000 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

(INT.GIRLS' ROOM.DAY)

(RICKIE stares in the mirror for a minute, then gets out eyeliner, reapplies. Enter DELIA)

DELIA: Rickie! Hey, I've been looking for you.

RICKIE: Me? Really...well. Here I am.

DELIA: Yeah (smiles) I...like, wanted your opinion. Did you...I mean, I know you've got, like, a heap on your mind with this play, and everything, but...you know. I just wondered if you had a chance to think about it. Brian, I mean.

RICKIE: (sighs, stops applying eyeliner, looks at DELIA) Yeah, I have. Look, Delia. I feel I should be honest with you. Right?

DELIA: (smiles worriedly) Sure. Please.

RICKIE: The thing is, Delia, that, I, like. Happen to know that Brian is kind of, um. He likes someone else. And he has, like, liked this person for a long time. You see, it's kind of like an obsession, with him. Well, his obsession for her.

DELIA: (tears show in eyes) Is this...I mean, do you know...is this the girl he took to that World Happiness Dance.

RICKIE: Uh...yeah, well. Kind of. But, you see, the problem is, that it was always one sided. And so, he, like, might be interested in someone else. But, then, if this person, ever, like shows any interest, and we're, like, including breathes the air in the same room as him, his obsession, like, takes over again. Do you know what I mean?

DELIA: Yeah. Kind of. Oh Rickie, how can I be so stupid?

RICKIE: You're not stupid, God. You are certainly not the first person to fall for someone where the success chances, are, to put it one way, low.

DELIA: Yeah, I guess....but, this other girl, right. She doesn't like him, is that right?

RICKIE: Well, that is not...uh... I mean, that's, like, uncertain, at the moment. You see?

DELIA: So, there's like, no way? (cries again)

(RICKIE hugs DELIA)

RICKIE: Do you want me, to, like, ask him. How it stands?

DELIA looks up, and says

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

You have 2 choices: What should happen next?
  1. Yes, please.:
    Chapter 11: Question Time by Joie (21 Dec 2000)
    3 more subchapters.
  2. No, it's okay.:
    Chapter 11: Dehydration by Joie (21 Dec 2000)
    1 more subchapter.
expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Lately, I can't even look at my mother without wanting to stab her repeatedly.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"