print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 10: A New Band Member

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 10: A New Band Member

written by Aya

added on: 07 Dec 2003 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

A Few Days Later-

Angela VO: I pretty much had gotten to know Nick Chandler in the past few days, being that he is in two of my classes, and I had given him a tour of Liberity High. I can't over the fact that he looks excactly like that guy from Queen of the Damned...I wonder if anyone else thinks so....It seems like he's always been part of Jordan's group...as if he didn't just move here.

Angela is looking through her locker for her geometry book, not noticing an approching figure.

Nick: Hey. (He leans against the locker next to hers)

Angela: Hey. (She faces him, holding her book against her chest, taking note of his appreance, which is a pair of faded jeans with a black long sleeved shirt.)

Angela VO: Why do I always get this weird feeling in my stomach everytime he's near?

Nick: So...you coming to the loft tonight?

Angela: (Shrugs, closes her locker.) I don't know.

Nick: The band is looking for a new singer, and they want to see my skills.

Angela: (Raises her eyes brows) Your a musician?

Nick: I used to be part of a band back in San Fransisco.

Angela: Oh really?

Nick: (Nods) I used to be the lead singer.

Angela: (Hair tuck) So your gonna join Residue?

Nick: If they like my talent.

Angela is about to respond, when a pair of hands settle on her hips, she tenses, knowing who it is.

Jordan: Hey.

Angela: Hey. (She glances over her shoulder, then back at Nick.

Jordan: Hey Nick.

Nick: Sup.

Angela: (Feeling Jordan tugging on her jeans) I'm gonna be late....(She turns to leave)

Nick: See you around.

Jordan: (Takes her hand) To Nick: See you at the loft.

Nick: Yeah. (He watches the couple walk down the hall, his eyes glued to Angela.)


Later that evening:

Angela arrives at the Loft, given a ride by Sharon. She laughs at the kind of music that is coming from Kyle's SUV, which is Jennifer Lopez's "The One"

Angela: I can't believe you listen to this stuff....It's so mushy (Laughing and shaking her head)

Sharon: What...there's nothing wrong with Pop music....

Angela: It's alright...it's just not my type of music I guess. (She get's out of the SUV, holding the door open for a second) Thanks for the ride, are you sure you don't want to stay?

Sharon: I can't, I have a date with Kyle. (Pasues) Do you need a ride home later?

Angela: No, I'm meeting Jordan so I'll get a ride with him.

Sharon: Ok, I see you later.

Angela: Later. (She closes the door, and walkes into the building as the SUV speeds away.

She walks up the stairs, feeling her stomach do flip flops. She hears someone playing a gitar, and it is beyond good. The sound gets louder as she reaches the top of the stairs. The first thing she see's is Nick, playing the gitar with a passion. Her eyes widden like the rest of the band. She takes a seat on a nearby couch, looking around the room, all the band members are there except there Jordan and Tino.

After a few minutes, Nick finishes his solo, and looks at the band expectantly. They don't respond right away, all glancing at one another.

Nick: Well?

The members all shurg, impressed.

Shane: Impressive.

Joey: I second that.

Shane: Why don't we try a number together.

Nick: Sure. (He glances at Angela, smiling lightly)

Angela returns the smiles, folding her arms, and leans forward, watching the band get ready to play.

Shane: (To Nick) What song do you wanna do?

Nick: Do you guys know Billy Idol's "Rebel Yell"?

Shane: Yeah.

Nick: Alright, let's give it a try.

Nick gets infront of the microphone, holding the gitar in place, with the rest of the band doing the same with their instruments. A few seconds later, the music starts as Nick sings....


Last night a little dancer came dancin' to my door
Last night a little angel Came pumpin cross my floor
She said "Come on baby I got a licence for love
And if it expires pray help from above"

In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more"
In the midniight hour babe- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell- "more, more, more"
More, more, more.


Angela blinks, amazed with Nick's voice, and how well the song sounds. It has to be the first time Jordan Catalano isn't on her mind....all she can concentrate on is Nick, and how great he looks at the moment.


She don't like slavery, she won't sit and beg
But when I'm tired and lonely she sees me to bed
What set you free and brought you to be me babe
What set you free I need you hear by me
Because

In the midnight hour she cried- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell she cried- "more, more, more"
In the midniight hour babe- "more, more, more"
With a rebel yell- "more, more, more"


Angela VO: This is the first time I've seen Residue actually reherse....and Nick looks so beautiful....it hurts to look at him... (They make eye contact through the rest of the song.)


An hour later...

Shane: Welcome to Residue.

Nick: Thanks man.

Joey: We need to reherse again, but this time with Catalano.

Shane: Yeah, we're gonna head over to Pike Street, you coming?

Nick: Nah, maybe next time.

Shane: Alright cool...see ya...(He and the rest of the band leave the room, leaving Nick and Angela alone.)

Nick turns to Angela, who is still seated on the couch, waiting for Jordan to show.

Nick: Do you need a ride?

Angela: (looks at her watch) I think I'll wait for Jordan.

Nick: I'll wait with you....you know...just in case... (He sits down on a chair, and picks up his gitar, playing a random song.

Angela nods, a little nervous at being alone with him.

Nick: So what did you think?

Angela: You were great.

Nick: You think so?

Angela: Definently.

Nick: (Side grins) Cool.


Another hour later....

Nick checks his watch, frowning slightly.

Nick: It's almost 11....you still want to wait ?

Angela: (Sighs and gets up) No....

Nick: (Getting up too, holding his gitar) Come on....let's go...

Angela follows him.


A black two door Honda Civic pulls up infront of Angela's house a few minutes later...

Angela: Thanks for the ride Nick. (She smiles.)

Nick: Anytime. (He looks at her.) Tino told me AFI is preforming at Let's Bolt on Friday....wanna go see them?

Angela: (Uncertain) I....uh....

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Rating Distribution:
100%0%0%0%0%
12345
Average: 1.0/5   1.0/5 (33 votes)

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“And, you know, with your hair like that? It hurts to look at you.”

Rayanne Graff, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"