print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 9: Hints and Indications

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 9: Hints and Indications

written by anonymous author

added on: 10 Nov 1999 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

Rickie: (looking nervously at Angela) I can't Angela, its not, like, up to me to say.

Angela: I guess I was expecting that. I mean, its OK. I just, I'm so tired of living in this nervous oblivious state. Why can't people just treat you honestly, you know?

Rickie: Fear of rejection. Or fear of acceptance. Or, hell, probably a little of both.

Angela: I'll guess I'll see ya. I should probably (ironic smile) go to class or something, huh? Maybe I'll go have a chat with loverboy (angry grimace).

Angela begins to walk off but is delayed by a light tap on her shoulder.

Rickie: (seriously) I can't tell you everything Angela, but I can tell you what I see. Remember all those times you looked around and found him staring at you? Remembering how he always seems to be there when you need him, whether you want him or not?

Angela: But, still, he doesn't, I mean, we aren't like that. He's just lonely. I'm like, someone he's known, so he goes to me.

Rickie: He seems to have gotten along just fine without anyone for a while now, why should you be so important to him.

Angela: (at a slight loss for words) I-um-he-we, oh god... (VO) I swear if I have to keep thinking like this my brain is going to, like explode.

Rickie: (interrupting Angela's babbles) All I can really tell you is that Brian can be very defensive. It's in his nature. From what I've seen he tends to argue when he is put in a compromising situation. He thinks too much. When he really cares about something he freaks out and tries to hide it.

Angela: That's true, but what does this have to do with me-

Rickie: (cutting of, once again) How many times can you think of when Brian and you have argued?

Angela: Oh, well, at least twice this week, why?

Rickie: Can you remember what about?

Angela: Not really, probably just any old thing.

Rickie: What kind of arguments do you have? Are they heated? Instense?

Angela: Um... Yeah, I guess so.

Rickie: Anger takes passion. And the fact that you engage in passionate arguments for no apparent reason often should mean something to you. I know it does to Brian.

Rickie then walks off, with one backward wave. Leaving Angela to her thoughts. After a few moments of silent contemplation Angela walks off, to.....


jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“School is a battlefield for your heart.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"