print this page

Fanfiction

A letter for Kyle

written by Lark Wadsworth

jump to next story | jump to reviews | go back to fanfiction index

About this story

Published: 1997 | Size: 1 KB (250 words) | Language: english | Rating: PG-13
Average: 3.2/5   3.2/5 (12 votes)

based on stories and characters created by Winnie Holzman

January 26, 1995

Dear Kyle,

I know in the past I've caused you pain, and I'm sorry. And I'll always be sorry, 'til the day I die. But the truth of it is, I can't keep using you for sex anymore. It isn't right, or fair to either of us. I thought I could, but that was just self-deceipt. And I hate this screen I'm staring into, because it should be your eyes. I owe you that much honesty--and more. And I hate the words I'm typing, because they should be lines in a scene--the scene we never got to do because those cretins at ABC cancelled our show. Because a scene is so much more than this letter can ever say.

I did an undefendable thing, letting all those Brad Pitt movies get in the way of my principles. Love is too special. You could tell me it's okay, that we can still pretend. But maybe I had an unconscious wish to end it anyway. So if you want to delete this letter, do it. You could delete your entire mailreader. You could tell me to go to hell for breaking up with you--I would go, if you wanted me to. Brad Pitt's probably there.

Sincerely,

Sharon Cherski

P.S. You think this is a joke? It's not! I meant every word of it.

<

Next story

This is the last story so far by this author in this series. Check below for other contributions by this author.
expand

Other fanfiction contributions by this author

Reviews for this story

Rating Distribution:
25%8%17%17%33%
12345
Average: 3.2/5   3.2/5 (12 votes)

No reviews so far for this story.

expand

Add your review


“My dad thinks every person in the world is having more fun than him.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"