print this page

Fanfiction

The Interactive FanFiction Story

One of the longest-running fanfiction stories on the 'net.

Chapter 9: Heartfelt Truths

jump to chapter | jump to review | jump to next chapter | go back to main story outline

Chapter 9: Heartfelt Truths

written by Joie

added on: 31 Oct 2000 - based on characters created by Winnie Holzman

from last story

BRIAN: pulls away from ANGELA Angela, I love you. Please forgive me for that

AVO: Have you really wished you felt something, that you were something, just so you could escape what you really felt inside. How...you really were. At that moment, I just wished I could tell him, that I loved him. I mean, it would have been so...so much easier. But when he hesitated, and waited for me to answer, I knew, inside, that I couldn't do this.

ANGELA: stepping back Shhhhh. Brian. Look...I just....Brian, you're my friend, and, you know, we'll always be friends...but...

BRIAN: But you don't love me, right? I knew it.

ANGELA: I have to be honest with you! chin trembles I can't lie...Would you really, honestly rather I lied to you, and then...later...it just didn't....

BRIAN: No...whatever. I understand. Fine.

ANGELA: I'm really sorry Brian. I..just can't see you as ... anything more than....

BRIAN: The guy across the street.

ANGELA: It's not like that. I do like you Brian....I just don't...feel this way. That you feel.

BRIAN: Fine. Sure.

KRAKOW'S CAR pulls up in driveway.

BRIAN: Uh...that's, like, my parents.

ANGELA: Yeah. wipes eyes Are you okay?

BRIAN: Yeah....look, uh...I've gotta...you know...do stuff. So. Uh...Can you, like, go?

BERNICE: Hi Angela. Hi Honey. Doesn't stop, goes inside

ANGELA: Oh sure. Right. If I'm not engaging in, like, tonsil hockey with you, I should just get lost, right.

BRIAN: No...I mean...why...like...do you wanna stay...why would you?

ANGELA: Maybe you should just grow up Krakow. Move on. Stop trampling your way into, like, other people's lives and then just...just leaving them. For someone who's supposed to be so mature, you can sure act like, like a kid. Often!

BRIAN: Oh, like you're so mature Chase! Running after a guy that can't even spell his own name-

ANGELA: Well, at least he's honest with me!

BRIAN: Oh, he's honest. I hadn't heard tha-

ANGELA: At least he doesn't use other people to say what he really feels. Why couldn't you - why couldn't you just, like, tell me. Separately. Why did you have to drag Jordan into it? I can't believe you. You're even pouting or something, cause I didn't say I love you! Exits back across the road

BRIAN: calls after ANGELA Oh, that hurts!

BRIAN stands there for a moment, staring. ANGELA turns and sees him looking, and runs inside.

BERNICE (OS) : Brian honey, can you grab that bag of groceries from the car?


INT.HALLWAY.DAY

RICKIE and RAYANNE at RAYANNE'S LOCKER. BRIAN approaches

BRIAN: Uh. Excuse me?

RAYANNE: What?

BRIAN: Can I like...uh...talk to Rickie?

RAYANNE: Getting a sense of deja vu here....so talk. I ain't stopping you!

BRIAN: Can you, like...excuse us?

RAYANNE looks at RICKIE, who gives her a 'don't ask me' look.

RAYANNE: Girl's room, Vasquez. Gotta finalise....stuff. Walks off

RICKIE: What's up?

BRIAN: Uh...have you, like, talked to Angela...today?

RICKIE: Not yet. Haven't seen her yet.

BRIAN: Oh.

RICKIE: starting to walk, but not away Any particular reason?

BRIAN: I ...uh...finally...talked to her. Last night.

RICKIE: Really? I mean, about time. But. Kinda never thought you actually would. You know?

BRIAN: Yeah, thanks. Makes me feel better.

RICKIE: So...so what?

BRIAN: I..nothing. I just....think. She was kind of. Upset. You know....I..uh...I told her. The truth.

RICKIE: The truth?

BRIAN: You know. How, I just...I just wrote the letter for Jordan. I mean. There was...nothing in it. Really. From me....that's the truth. And...I don't....I haven't seen her since. I mean.

RICKIE: clearly not believing this Okay. So you told her 'the truth'. If you feel you've been honest then, that's it. I mean, I hope you've been honest with her.

RICKIE enters the Girl's room. BRIAN stops, stares at the closing door, and walks on.

jump to chapter beginning | jump to review | go back to main story outline

Next Chapter

You have 2 choices: What should happen next?
  1. Rickie meets Angela in the Girl's Room:
    Chapter 10: Truth will Out by Joie (31 Oct 2000)
    10 more subchapters.
  2. Brian meets Angela in the hallway:
    Chapter 10: Friction by Joie (31 Oct 2000)
    4 more subchapters.
expand

Add your own next chapter

Reviews for this chapter

Waiting for 10 votes before displaying rating information.

No reviews so far for this chapter.

expand

Add your review

expand

Report this chapter to the admins


“Lately, I can't even look at my mother without wanting to stab her repeatedly.”

Angela Chase, Episode 1: "My So-Called Life (Pilot)"