Question?

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.
murfdurf22
Nicky Driscoll

Question?

Post by murfdurf22 » Nov 22nd 2004, 1:52 am

okay so, i'm sure everybody knows about that anonymous writer who up and left us on the spot, well anyways in her stories she made Jordan and Angela be in the same grade in a few stories, that was when Angela was a sophmore and so was Jordan, but then when it was summer vacation for them, she had Jordan going to summer school taking a couple of the classes that he failed, and then, when their summer vacation was over with and it was time to go back to school, the anonymous writer had Jordan be a senior instead of a Junior like I think he was suppossed to be. She also put in her story that Jordan was going to take some more other classes the summer after his "senior" year, in which i'm thinking is supposed to be his junior.

So i'm basically asking, what grade is Jordan supposed to be in? He's had a summer vacation and now their back in school, what grade is this dude supposed to be in? I know he failed twice, but they never told us what grades he failed. The anonymous auther has gotten me confused and i need help trying to figure this out for my next stories that i'll be putting out. PLEASEEEE HELP A SISTAH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

ps: If you don't understand what i'm asking then type "you don't get it" and i'll try to clarify it. or explain it better. thanks, bye!

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 22nd 2004, 3:48 am

I think that in the series Jordan would have been a senior, had he not failed twice. Let's say he failed 10th grade twice:

Angela, 8th grade = Jordan, 10th
Angela, 9th = Jordan, 10th (that's held back once, would be in 11th)
Angela, 10th = Jordan, 10th (that's twice, would be in 12th)

That way, Angela would not have ever been around him until she got to 10th grade. If he had been held back any earlier - in elementary or middle school - Angela may have met him when they were younger. He wouldn't be so new to her.

Get it? :D
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 22nd 2004, 10:36 am

Also,
I my story I have Jordan coming back to school as a senior. He skips Jr. year, because they have found out that he has been failing classes because he had a learning dissability. Like anymouses story, he has to take classes over the summer to make up some credits.

So basically, he goes from sophmore, to Senior- skiping Jr.

Maybe that is what she/he did also

Hoped that helped!
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Space Goast- (Turns to Thom Yorke) Is that right?
Thom- ...No.
Space Goast- Cuz it sounds like a good idea... so do it.

-Space Goast With Thom Yorke

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 22nd 2004, 10:37 am

Also,

In my story I have Jordan coming back to school as a senior. He skips Jr. year, because they have found out that he has been failing classes because he had a learning dissability. Like anymouses story, he has to take classes over the summer to make up some credits.

Hoped that helped!
Moltar- Well hey, Thom asked me if he could see my knife, and Thom's doing a song about knife, and he wanted to see what one looked like. Isn't that right Thom? (Pulls out knife again)
Thom- ...No.

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 22nd 2004, 10:38 am

Also,

In my story I have Jordan coming back to school as a senior. He skips Jr. year, because they have found out that he has been failing classes because he had a learning dissability. Like anonymous' stories, he has to take classes over the summer to make up some credits.

Hoped that helped!
Thom- ...No.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Nov 22nd 2004, 9:47 pm

TooCool4Skool wrote:He skips Jr. year, because they have found out that he has been failing classes because he had a learning dissability... he has to take classes over the summer to make up some credits. So basically, he goes from sophmore, to Senior- skiping Jr.
If you're going for realism, this would never happen. The recent discovery of a learning disability does not suddenly just make up for failed classes and a deficit of units. And even if it did, if you remember, the school never gets involved, there in no Student Study Team, or IEP or 504 -- Jordan says Brian figured it out from a book (which is totally unrealistic, not to mention inappropriate and moderately unreliable). Also, there is no possible way that summer school would get Jordan caught up for over a year's worth of units. It is much more likely that Jordan would be sent to a continuation school, OR that all along he was only held back in English, but not in all of his classes. (This happens a lot -- a student fails English, progresses to the next grade level, but repeats the class he/she failed.)
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 22nd 2004, 10:59 pm

I guess your right- I didn't really know how to handle the situation. All I knew is that I wanted him tobe a senior.

Oh well, can't go back now!
Thom- ...No.

murfdurf22
Nicky Driscoll

thanks yall

Post by murfdurf22 » Nov 23rd 2004, 12:31 am

okay, but i still really don't know what to do about the stories. The anonymous writer has that he's a senior right now, but he's really supposed to be a junior right now with Angela. Am i supposed to keep, going along with what she wrote or continue the stories with Jordan being a Junior and then the following year, being his senior year, Angela and the rest of them being seniors? HELP ME AGAIN PLEASE! :(

-MURF/AMERIE/MICHELLE.....and other nick names

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 23rd 2004, 1:59 am

I agree with Jody that realistically the school would not have held Jordan back completely - just made him take the class he failed again. Because after all, he didn't fail everything - he did well in shop, right? Never skipped it, at least, according to Rickie. But the way Angela puts it in Pilot ("he was held back.. twice") makes you think he failed the entire grade. Ah well. It's what you call poetic license or suspension of disbelief. I say just do whatever you want with the story - make Jordan whatever grade you want him to be in. Write two if you want - one where he's the same grade as Angela and one where he is a year ahead.
Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

~~Kristin~~

ilovemyboo
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ilovemyboo » Nov 24th 2004, 7:55 pm

Hey,

Well my first reaction is, it's your story do whateva the hell you want with it, but of course thats not any help. So realistically, no, I dont think that the school would have let jordan skipped up to senior year. Although I can see how you later on in your writing it would be interesting to see how angela and jordans relationship would be affected with him not going to school with her anymore, but thats just me. If you really want jordan to be in the same grade as angela DO IT. I'm absoulutly poitive no ones gonna care. The readers will be able to catch on. Keep writing though, I love what your doing with the story!!!! :D
Jillian
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
"forget about those dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took"(giggle giggle giggle)
"this isn't a fashion statement, ITS A FU***** DEATH WISH"
"Say goodbye to the hearts you break and all the cyanid you drank"
*dancing is like camping ....... It's in tents

murfdurf22
Nicky Driscoll

I KNOW WHAT GRADE HE REALLY IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN NOW

Post by murfdurf22 » Nov 28th 2004, 1:49 am

i went to the the characters thing in the hallway section of this website, and i went to where they talk about Jordan Catalano, and they said he was a Junior while Angela was a sophmore. The anonymous person was actually right. He is supposed to be a senior right now while Angela is a junior. i get it now...i think. So i'm guessing he's supposed to be like...19 now right. since according to Angela has failed twice. I know yall prolly sick of this, but i'm juss happy that i found out his right age, and what grade he really is supposed to be in. Sorry yall but i was so happy i juss wanted to tell yall good folks about it. anyways, peace! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TooCool4Skool
Liberty High Student

Post by TooCool4Skool » Nov 28th 2004, 11:57 am

Is it just me... or did it say somewhere that Jordan was 17?? For some reason, I feel like it was said...
Thom- ...No.

ilovemyboo
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ilovemyboo » Nov 28th 2004, 3:08 pm

I don't know? I vagually remeber hearing that being said in one of the episodes. I know that most of the people in their fan fiction have made him 17, but thats just what they've been doing, but if angelas 15 and jordans been held back twice and is still a year ahead of her in school , wouldn't that make him 18? :?
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
"forget about those dirty looks, the photographs your boyfriend took"(giggle giggle giggle)
"this isn't a fashion statement, ITS A FU***** DEATH WISH"
"Say goodbye to the hearts you break and all the cyanid you drank"
*dancing is like camping ....... It's in tents

Juli
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Juli » Nov 28th 2004, 3:48 pm

Jordan wasn't a year ahead of her as far as I know. He could still be considered a senior and be taking junior classes.

At my highschool, if you were a sophmore and failed sophmore math, for example, but passed other courses, they'd bump you to the next grade but you'd have to retake the class that you failed.

Jordan was held back twice and was in the same class as Angela, which would make him 17 since Angela is 15. He is technically supposed to be a senior but he taking sophmore classes because he was held back twice. If he had passed those 2 years, he'd be a senior. Sophmores are 2 years younger than seniors.

They are only 2 years apart, not 3.

murfdurf22
Nicky Driscoll

screw it

Post by murfdurf22 » Nov 28th 2004, 7:42 pm

screw it , i've come to the point where i could care less anymore, in my stories right now he's a seinor and Angelas a senior since they've already had their summer vacation....but anyways, i'm gettin off of this subject because it ....sucks or something, i don't know i just don't care how old he is now. SCREW IT! :?