MSCL Sims

Found a reference to "My So-Called Life" in a book, movie, tv show or somewhere else? Then post here!
User avatar
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead
Posts: 1166
Joined: Jun 30th 2003, 1:30 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 19th 2004, 8:41 am

Thanks for the link, it was interesting to read. (It's all starting to sound vaguely familiar). In the interview, Mr. Wright mentions people taking screen shots that resemble a comic book, do you have an example of what that looks like? Are you at that stage yet with this project? Once you have created a Sim, can you play it forever? ... I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this and am therefore coming up with a millioin questions.

OH F*&$! Gotta go move my car for the street sweeping!!!
Kickstart The Riches movie!

User avatar
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe
Posts: 1213
Joined: Jun 29th 2002, 6:42 am
Location: No matter where you go, There you are.

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 11:19 am

Finally, I got a few screens up in the gallery:

http://www.mscl.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=33

They're not great, but they give you an idea. The one in red is a generic sim that I used as the base model. The two in plaid are my first prototypes. The one named "Angela1" used the publicity still, while "Angela2" was made with one of the pics Jody sent me.

They both looked great in the face wizard, but are nearly unrecognizable in the game. I have noticed that the generic sim faces look distended when viewed in the wizard, so maybe I have to recalculate the photo faces...

:scratchinghead:

At least the modified clothing looks OK. The wizard came pre-loaded with plaid and sneakers.

:)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

User avatar
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe
Posts: 1213
Joined: Jun 29th 2002, 6:42 am
Location: No matter where you go, There you are.

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 11:28 am

Heh, I can tell you are a good teacher, Jody: always asking more questions until you understand...

:P

Don't worry, I enjoy the mental excercise of answering them, though for now I, we, must return to the collective and regenerate...

:robot: :morning:

:wink:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

User avatar
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead
Posts: 1166
Joined: Jun 30th 2003, 1:30 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 19th 2004, 11:49 am

Nostradamus wrote: Jody: always asking more questions until you understand...
Damn :oops: This is what people always say about me. My mother keeps a dictionary and atlas right next to our dinner table, specifically because of my predilection to ask a million questions. (It is my mother's belief that every question can be answered by the dictionary.) My parents joke that they don't like to drive with me without each other, because then they are, allegedly, swarmed with questions. I never notice it, and then, invaribly someone brings it to my attention. So, now you guys have all my secrets: a fear of melted cheese, the tendency to ask way too many questions, and the preferance for white cotton linens; I guess that avatar isn't so mysterious anymore :? :P
Kickstart The Riches movie!

User avatar
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe
Posts: 1213
Joined: Jun 29th 2002, 6:42 am
Location: No matter where you go, There you are.

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 12:13 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote:
Nostradamus wrote: Jody: always asking more questions until you understand...
Damn :oops: This is what people always say about me. My mother keeps a dictionary and atlas right next to our dinner table, specifically because of my predilection to ask a million questions. (It is my mother's belief that every question can be answered by the dictionary.) My parents joke that they don't like to drive with me without each other, because then they are, allegedly, swarmed with questions. I never notice it, and then, invaribly someone brings it to my attention.
:rofl: I knew it!
See, I thought something about your interrogative style felt familiar, and then I remembered my old Lit textbooks:
  • What is the symbolic significance of the white whale?

    What literary devices does the author use?

    In your opinion, is Ahab's obsession a negative character trait, or does it give him the benefits of drive and purpose? Discuss with your classmates. Cite examples from the story to support your argument.
I was a shameless teacher's pet, so I've got all the stock questions and answers memorized.

:oops: :lol:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

User avatar
Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate
Posts: 704
Joined: Feb 26th 2003, 3:39 pm
Location: Hockey Falls, USA
Contact:

Post by Nothingman » Aug 19th 2004, 12:16 pm

I have a similar but opposite affliction. I have a tendancy to explain things thoroughly. I have to know how things work, not just the jist of it, but the whole process. So when someone asks me a question, I explain the whole thing, because that's what I'd want to know. It seems most people are content with just the general understanding. I can't do that, how can I improve the design of something if I don't know how it really works? It's just the way my brain works, sometimes I catch myself and cut the explanation short by trailing off. If they really care they can ask more questions.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

User avatar
Jody Barsch*
Lifehead
Posts: 1166
Joined: Jun 30th 2003, 1:30 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 19th 2004, 12:18 pm

:lol: Next year i'm thinking of having them compare Gatsby to Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Kickstart The Riches movie!

User avatar
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe
Posts: 1213
Joined: Jun 29th 2002, 6:42 am
Location: No matter where you go, There you are.

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 12:32 pm

Nothingman wrote:I have a similar but opposite affliction. I have a tendancy to explain things thoroughly. I have to know how things work, not just the jist of it, but the whole process. So when someone asks me a question, I explain the whole thing, because that's what I'd want to know. It seems most people are content with just the general understanding. I can't do that, how can I improve the design of something if I don't know how it really works? It's just the way my brain works, sometimes I catch myself and cut the explanation short by trailing off. If they really care they can ask more questions.
Yep, that's me, too. I get it from my father, a very knowledgable geophysicist with a knack for needless exposition on the geological history of the Earth. And even he recognized the problem: Once he was a passenger in a car driven by a colleague of his; they were headed along a narrow, winding mountain road with scenic views right over a steep cliff. He said it was one of the most frightening rides of his life because the driver kept looking out and pointing at various rock formations while the car drifted all over the place, nearly jumping the cliff on several occasions!

:oops: :shock:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

User avatar
Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe
Posts: 1213
Joined: Jun 29th 2002, 6:42 am
Location: No matter where you go, There you are.

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 19th 2004, 12:34 pm

Jody Barsch* wrote::lol: Next year i'm thinking of having them compare Gatsby to Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Ooh, you should do it...

Just to watch them squirm!

:twisted:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests