Just finished watching all the episodes

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
Post Reply
hydro_27
Frozen Embryo
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 4th 2003, 3:25 pm
Contact:

Just finished watching all the episodes

Post by hydro_27 » Apr 4th 2003, 3:34 pm

It's kind of depressing watching all the episodes again for the first time since they last aired on MTV. It takes me back to a time when I had no cares in the world. All I had to worry about at that time was if my homework was done and if I knew what I was wearing to school the next day. It's sad. I wanna go back to that time when the first episode aired. When I could really relate to what was happening on the show. Anyways does anyone happen to know where the school and Chases house really is. They mention that they are in Pittsburgh a couple times and I live near Pittsburgh and they definitely didn't shoot in Pittsburgh from what I remember. If anyone knows that would be great thanks. :)

hydro_27
Frozen Embryo
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 4th 2003, 3:25 pm
Contact:

Post by hydro_27 » Apr 4th 2003, 3:35 pm

How did I get to be a frozen embryo? Well that's cool

User avatar
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team
Posts: 5374
Joined: Dec 7th 2001, 3:05 am
Location: California

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 4th 2003, 3:40 pm

Information about the shooting locations is available here

Although the show was set in Pittsburgh, it was shot in LA.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

User avatar
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team
Posts: 5374
Joined: Dec 7th 2001, 3:05 am
Location: California

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 4th 2003, 4:55 pm

hydro_27 wrote:How did I get to be a frozen embryo? Well that's cool
MSCL Posting Ranks as listed in Announcements/Feedback:

Frozen Embryo 0+
Tino 5+
Nicky Driscoll 15+
Jody Barsh 25+
Overlooked Sibling 35+
Three Rivers Resident 50+
Let's bolt Visitor 75+
Liberty High Student 100+
Yearbook Team 125+
Between Names 150+
Substitute Teacher 175+
Angela's best friend 200+
Catalano 250+
Rayanne Marie Graf-ite 300+
Krakow 350+
Chase Face 400+
Angelica 450+
Liberty High Graduate 500+
So-Called Addict 750+
Lifehead 1000+
Marshall Wannabe 1200+
Scott Wannabe 1400+
Ed Wannabe 1700+
Winnie Wannabe 2000+
Crimson Glow Being 3000+
Winnie Holzman's Twin 5000+
Immortal 10000+++++
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

igor
Tino
Posts: 13
Joined: Sep 5th 2003, 11:08 am

Post by igor » Sep 11th 2003, 9:40 am

I just watched all the episodes and I have to say that this is an excellent show.Howewer,considering the fact that I am still rather fresh in this whole thing,I have a few questions about the show itself.These questions will undoubtedly sound pretty lame to you,my dear MSCL junkies.

1) In "Life of Brian" Rickie says that "Rayanne never called Corey".Well,why didn't she? Did she forget?Was she preoccupied?Drunk?

2) In the following episode(boiler room)Rayanne says to Jordan "you know you like her?Would it kill you to admit it?" How does she know that he likes Angela?Because that young fellow barely talks and I really didn't get the impression that he is friends with Rayanne(until later when they were more than friendly)

3)Exactly how much time does this episode cover?

4)In "Pressure" Jordan brings Angela to that house to have sex and that obnoxious slutty Cynthia is also there.So,isn't that kinda awkward? You know,my ex is here but hey I'm gonna have sex with the red head anyway?I think it's a bit unrealistic that he didn't feel even the slightest discomfort with the fact the blondie is there.He didn't even recognize her existance.

5)When Angela asked Sharon about her and Lyle,if they used protection,it just hit me(I don't know why :? )that Jordan is not the kind of guy who practices safe sex( like in "Betrayal" when he ummed Rayanne I'm sure they used some kind of protection.....Oh yeah,get real).

Okay that's it for now :roll:

DarkApprentice
Tino
Posts: 7
Joined: Sep 5th 2003, 6:26 am
Location: Norway

Post by DarkApprentice » Sep 11th 2003, 12:25 pm

1) Rayanne told Rickie that she had been adviced by her counselor not to go to the World Dance Happening. Rickie got a bit upset over this, but Rayanne calmed him down and promised she would call Corey to "explain the whole thing". As it turned out, she never did make that call and let both Corey and Rickie down.

Rayanne is the sort of person that lives for the moment and rarely plans ahead. She probably got caught up in something (preoccupied as you say, Sick Boy) and forgot the whole thing. It is not the first time she made a promise she was later been unable to keep. By the time she promised Rickie to call Corey, I seriously doubt she even had his phone-number or even knew for sure that Corey did in fact have a phone at all. Such mundane (albeit practical, even crucial to keeping such a promise) details are something Rayanne is likely to overlook and mindlessly bypass.

2) Rayanne spotted Jordan's attraction to Angela early on (Dancing in the Dark). Remember in "The Pilot", when Angela and Rayanne are being pushed into the police car, Jordan happens to walk by. He stops and says out loud (more to himself than his friends, I think): "Hey, I know that girl!". So, already at that point, it is clear that Jordan is not completely oblivious to Angela. The next day he even stops her in the hallway, saying: "out on bail?" So yes, I think Rayanne has figured Jordan out and made up her mind about Jordan. Also, they have a common friend in Tino. Both Jordan and Rayanne know Tino and so maybe the tend to circulate the same social crowd...at least occasionally. Space, time and events are often truncated in TV-shows and everything can not be covered. So yes, I think Rayanne and Jordan knows eachother better than what was accounted for in the show. However, I do not think that any one of them have romantic feelings for the other. That "umm" thing was something that just happened, I think partly because they were drunk and partly because, well, ...I guess... available to eachother at a time they both needed to let out some steem.

3) Hmm...difficult to answer. I think you would have to see the episode again with particular focus on the timeline...

4) Yeah, I agree with you. It does seem weird. On the other hand, I think that Cynthia in many ways is the female counterpart of Jordan. She sleeps around and judging from her demeanour she would easily be described as "shallow", "ignorant" or even "mindless" by the common observer. I think Jordan has picked up this quality about her too, and so he can readily ignore her. They are the kind of people that would have an "unwritten treaty" in which the policy is that they can both sleep with others without feeling guilty about their former relationship (or even current, if that is the case; Jordan has been spotted talking to Cynthia :-) ).

5) Remember that both Rayanne and Jordan were drunk at the time. When you are drunk you are a lot less likely to consider using protection.
"He wants you to work on his apparatus!"

igor
Tino
Posts: 13
Joined: Sep 5th 2003, 11:08 am

Post by igor » Sep 12th 2003, 1:07 pm

DarkApprentice[quote] wrote:. That "umm" thing was something that just happened, I think partly because they were drunk and partly because, well, ...I guess... available to eachother at a time they both needed to let out some steem.
I agree,for Jordan Rayanne is just another girl he can umm( and the other way around)
Jordan has been spotted talking to Cynthia
When?

DarkApprentice
Tino
Posts: 7
Joined: Sep 5th 2003, 6:26 am
Location: Norway

Post by DarkApprentice » Sep 16th 2003, 1:37 pm

Sick Boy wrote:
DarkApprentice wrote:Jordan has been spotted talking to Cynthia
When?
Sorry. I confused Cynthia Hargrove with Casey Hall. You know, that woman on the Sophomore Girls poll-list as the "Hottest sophomore babe" in "The Zit". In the same episode, Jordan is briefly seen talking to her in english class:

Excerpt from the transcript of "The Zit":
Rinaldi : [reading from _The Metamorphosis_]
[while reading, these are the different shots of the characters:
Angela walks into school and sees Jordan talking to Casey Hall;


See http://www.mscl.com/encyclopedia/episod ... _trans.txt
"He wants you to work on his apparatus!"

User avatar
Hunee
Between Names
Posts: 155
Joined: Oct 19th 2003, 12:52 am
Location: EARTH!!!
Contact:

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 10:03 pm

I WATCH ALL THE EPISODES EVERY WEEKEND... :oops:
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

User avatar
grim4746
Krakow
Posts: 391
Joined: Aug 8th 1999, 2:14 am
Location: Canada

Post by grim4746 » Oct 23rd 2003, 2:47 am

Hunee wrote:I WATCH ALL THE EPISODES EVERY WEEKEND... :oops:
wow, no wonder you have so many thoughts about the show. I used to watch my favorite shows and movies over and over like that too. Now I like to put a little more time between viewings because I just got sick of some of my favorites.

User avatar
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team
Posts: 5374
Joined: Dec 7th 2001, 3:05 am
Location: California

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 2:53 am

Hunee, go out and get some fresh air!

:wink:

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

User avatar
Hunee
Between Names
Posts: 155
Joined: Oct 19th 2003, 12:52 am
Location: EARTH!!!
Contact:

Post by Hunee » Oct 23rd 2003, 4:17 am

candy girl... I know I know.... Im addicted...

grim4746... how can I explain it... I try really really hard to avoid watching any mscl but by saturday after dealing with everything from the week I try so hard not to but it makes me feel happy infact I am watching pressure right now... Im at the part where graham and patty are talking about angela having sex with jordan and she is all like he has a car and a car has doors and seats and graham is coughing and then danielle says do you mean forplay and graham starts coughing... It really funny!!! i need to enter like dvd anonymous... I mean before i got mscl on dvd i was obsessed with 80's movies... I would watch the breakfast club almost every weekend for like six months and dirty dancing is another one I was addicted to... I NEED HELP :lol: :P :oops:
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

User avatar
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team
Posts: 5374
Joined: Dec 7th 2001, 3:05 am
Location: California

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2003, 1:50 pm

Sounds like we have another OCDer here!

:shock:

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests