Outage report

Comments/questions about the site or the forum? Post them here. Additionally you'll find here important announcements and news releases from MSCL.com.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Outage report

Post by mglenn » Aug 26th 2002, 10:38 am

Hey folks, sorry about the outage last week. I work for the local cable company in an internet capacity. And as such am often testing new hardware that is on the cutting edge. This time I was using a new Cable Telephony Cable Modem. A configuration change was made, but instead of allowing a number of pc to connect to the internet through the cable modem, it was restricted to only allow one pc... since I have a number of pc's at my house the webserver that mscl.com is on, lost out. Anyway its been fixed up and were back...

As a side note I'd like to reiterate that we here at mscl.com have no offical link to AU. We work with them through Jason. to get you all the news and happenings on the DVD release. But AU has nothing to do with our internet connection or how or what we do with our server. I personally own the server platform which sits under my desk at home. Steve J. bought the hard drive. And the internet connection is provided as a perk of my job. If you'd like any other details about our server setup please feel free to post your questions and we'll do our best to answer them.
"When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit." - Ayn Rand