TIME CONVERSION UTILITY

Use this forum to coordinate meetings with other "Lifeheads" from around the world - be it online or in "real life".
Post Reply
User avatar
pgh kenny
Angelica
Posts: 468
Joined: Sep 19th 2002, 1:43 pm

TIME CONVERSION UTILITY

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 17th 2002, 9:05 am

Here is a link for time conversion between time zones. We can use GMT to set up chat times.

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/

User avatar
starbug
Lifehead
Posts: 1082
Joined: Jun 25th 2002, 4:51 am
Location: UK

Post by starbug » Oct 17th 2002, 12:12 pm

So right now, I'm on British Summer Time (1 hour ahead of GMT). Let's chat tomorrow (Friday) at 4pm GMT which is (using the handy thingy converter) 12pm in NY...

Hopefully see you there tomorrow...

:D

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

User avatar
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team
Posts: 5374
Joined: Dec 7th 2001, 3:05 am
Location: California

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 17th 2002, 2:31 pm

If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen, there is a new Time Zone thing!

User avatar
Sascha (sab)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team
Posts: 1547
Joined: Jun 10th 1999, 5:20 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by Sascha (sab) » Oct 17th 2002, 4:41 pm

candygirl wrote:If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen, there is a new Time Zone thing!
Actually, it's gone for now on the forum pages. But it's still visible on all the other MSCL.COM pages. I had to remove the mscl.com layout from the forum pages to make it a little bit faster :-(
Sascha A. Beck (sab) :: MSCL.com
www.mscl.com :: www.sablog.de

User avatar
pgh kenny
Angelica
Posts: 468
Joined: Sep 19th 2002, 1:43 pm

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 17th 2002, 6:41 pm

hey i checked out the time thingie on the main page - very cool!

btw, i can't chat 7 am to 4:30 pm ny time, because my office firewall blocks the chat program

User avatar
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team
Posts: 5374
Joined: Dec 7th 2001, 3:05 am
Location: California

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 17th 2002, 7:00 pm

Bastards!

Don't they realize you have important people to chat with?!

:wink:

I'll call your IT department and take care of it...

User avatar
pgh kenny
Angelica
Posts: 468
Joined: Sep 19th 2002, 1:43 pm

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 18th 2002, 9:09 am

candygirl wrote:Bastards!

Don't they realize you have important people to chat with?!

:wink:

I'll call your IT department and take care of it...
At least they can't keep me of these boards... that would really hurt. :D

User avatar
Sascha (sab)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team
Posts: 1547
Joined: Jun 10th 1999, 5:20 pm
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Post by Sascha (sab) » Oct 18th 2002, 9:47 am

pgh_kenny wrote:btw, i can't chat 7 am to 4:30 pm ny time, because my office firewall blocks the chat program
Hm, try it again. The program should now be using port 8080, maybe your firewall doesn't block that one.

Everyone: Maybe I did break now something... :-o If you have problems using the chat, just tell me.
Sascha A. Beck (sab) :: MSCL.com
www.mscl.com :: www.sablog.de

User avatar
pgh kenny
Angelica
Posts: 468
Joined: Sep 19th 2002, 1:43 pm

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 19th 2002, 3:36 pm

sab wrote:
pgh_kenny wrote:btw, i can't chat 7 am to 4:30 pm ny time, because my office firewall blocks the chat program
Hm, try it again. The program should now be using port 8080, maybe your firewall doesn't block that one.

Everyone: Maybe I did break now something... :-o If you have problems using the chat, just tell me.
Thank you so much for the adjustment... I'll try it on Monday. I'll cross my fingers... the evil IT people have a lot of the ports blocked by the firewall. The only ones I know for certain that work are https, ftp and 80. We have trouble viewing web pages on nonstandard ports.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest