The Show and This Board Hold Up

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
JPP13
Angela's best friend

The Show and This Board Hold Up

Post by JPP13 » Oct 19th 2020, 9:35 am

So for the first time in a couple of decades I decided to re watch the series in it entirety. I was nervous that it would not age, or rather I did not age well and the wonder of the show would be lost.

My concerns were unfounded. Was like discovering the show all over again, and realizing my earlier near obsession was worth it.

Almost on a lark I remembered this Board and decided to take a look. Happily I discovered its still here. After some digging around I found my old username and paasword. Going to spend a little time this morning reading through everything, feels very comfy still.

Kbranagh
Overlooked Sibling

Re: The Show and This Board Hold Up

Post by Kbranagh » Oct 24th 2020, 3:57 pm

Hi JPP13, i'm new fans of the show, good to see that some veteran of the forum are stil alive :mrgreen:
This show is really something, after the pilot i was already addicted.
"Or something'

Mutajon
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Mutajon » Apr 2nd 2021, 5:52 am

Agreed.

I first discovered the show a decade ago. I was single, 28 years old, in the middle of searching what to do with my life.
The show struck very near and dear to my heart, I was basically blown away. In a sense, it helped shape the man I am today - it taught me a lot about personal growth and human relationships, it opened me up.
I am now 10 years older, married+1, Significantly more mature, with a slightly different outlook on life. I have revisited the entire show over the last couple of months - it has lost nothing of its original charm and power. And again, it delicately and masterfully reminds me of the important stuff in human nature. Thanks to all those involved with this show for bringing it into our lives.

I would also like to give a huge, sincere thanks to everybody that was and is involved with keeping this MSCL haven going. MSCL is a small fire that burns in each of its fans hearts, and coming back here to share and read what others have wrote is a continued joy and comfort. No wonder most of us drop by here once every several years or so... when we get that irresistible MSCL itch :wink:
Lastly, thanks to the amazing community that made this place what it is, and generated an incredible amount of thought provoking insights and discussions. There's enough stuff here to fill a lifetime of MSCL fandom.

I sincerely hope all of you are doing well, wherever you may be.
"Aaaand dance by the light of the mooooon"

brain-krakow
Tino

Post by brain-krakow » Apr 8th 2021, 3:41 pm

Yeah, MSCL holds up extremely well even to contemporary tv shows! I have rewatched MSCL several times in the last 15 years and every time i see new things. And i sympathise more and more with the grown-ups, but that comes with age i guess :)
now we need greek tragedies about our lives
and all we get are geek tragedies

seanjones
Tino

Post by seanjones » Apr 16th 2021, 7:44 pm

I last did a full watch of the show about 4 or 5 years ago. But i do always watch the halloween and new years episodes every time its halloween and new years for me. Every year without fail. Its become something of a tradition for me now.

trinja
Tino

Post by trinja » Jul 24th 2021, 10:43 pm

MSCL is a small fire that burns in each of its fans hearts, and coming back here to share and read what others have wrote is a continued joy and comfort.
This forever. Though I've always been a bit intimidated to post here. But I just feel like the people that truly love this show are my instant friends. I just need to grin crazily at people about it.

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Jan 12th 2022, 4:55 pm

So much truth in this thread! I love reading what others say about the different characters and episodes, and I feel a special thrill when I get to peek in as someone works through the series for the first time. The show has help up across the decades; part of its brilliance is that it engages with people of different ages, which means that its meanings mature and change right along with its viewers.

Let's keep on keeping the faith.