Discussion for Episode 7: Why Jordan Can't Read

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
svenkid
Nicky Driscoll

Post by svenkid » Sep 12th 2006, 1:42 pm

1. anyone notice that angela baasically invited herself to the band practice? quite cheeky if you ask me :)

2. Angela probably pics the bike move bc it HAS subtitles, and she'll have to wisper each line to jordan :)

Its hard to ind something new to write after three pages of discussion. lol, try after five pages.
the episode so-called angels, does it to me every time!

Christina_in_color
Nicky Driscoll

Re:

Post by Christina_in_color » Jan 2nd 2008, 2:53 am

svenkid wrote:1. anyone notice that angela baasically invited herself to the band practice? quite cheeky if you ask me :)
Haha. Yeah, she did, but I think Jordan was hinting that she should come. With his "whatever happens, happens" philosophy, he didn't want to make too big a deal out of it though. Did you notice that he looks back at her when he leaves the room? I think he actually is a little nervous/excited about Angela. In general, I'm surprised at how forward Angela is with Jordan. It took a lot of guts for her to ask him to a movie in front of his friends. I couldn't do that at the age of 15.
svenkid wrote:2. Angela probably pics the bike move bc it HAS subtitles, and she'll have to wisper each line to jordan :)
I've always wondered why she would pick that film. The Bicycle Thief is certainly not a date film. It's depressing! It's a great film, but the hero doesn't win in the end. I left the film feeling emotionally gutted. It would have been hard to have a conversation about the film afterwards and then try to be romantic. I do think that she wanted to look smart in front of Jordan, and leaning in to whisper the subtitles to him might have crossed her mind. :)
svenkid wrote:Its hard to ind something new to write after three pages of discussion. lol, try after five pages.
Yeah, I agree. A lot has been said. But this is one of my favorite episodes, if not my number one. I love the tiny hints of vulnerability that Jordan shows to Angela.

Kbranagh
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Discussion for Episode 7: Why Jordan Can't Read

Post by Kbranagh » Jun 27th 2020, 7:16 am

"Because is never happened to you'

Oh Angela you are so blind!!!! Is more easy to see togheter Danielle and Brian than Brian and Angela! :mrgreen: :?
In the last couple of days I was wondering why the "relathionship" between Angela and Brian is good and so compelling to see and for me the anserw is...not only because of the incredibile chemestry between Claire and Devon but because this dynamic and this love triangle is very unique and very original! In mostly of the tv shows the girl leaves the simple-good guy for the classic bad-hot guy but... here in "My So Called Life" we go on reverse! At least i think this is the direction that the producers is gonna follows in the last 12 episodes! For now i don't know what (hidden) fellings Angela has for Brian, is a mistery and very but very hard to understand but i want more scene between these two, like that magnetic moments in the living room! For me the best scene of the season so far for Angela and Brian, so powerful :o .
But this episode is huge for all the carachters, the parents and the pregnancy subplot is good and maybe to good for an episode already so full and of course all the storyline between Angela and Jordan reaches his apex(finally), i don't like very much the carachter of Jordan but here for the first time i really enjoy all of his moments!! is the very first time that we see Angela so overwhelm by her emotions, the acting of Claire Danes in this episode is amazing, maybe the best performance of the season, she soo good to express all the awkwardness and the insicurity typical in these romantic stuations.

PS. I bet that Ryanne and Sharon by the end of the season they become close friend.
PS 2: i am italian and i liked very much the reference at "Bicycle Thief/Ladri di Biciclette" the wonderful De sica movie! Brian has good taste.

Grade: A-
"Or something'