canadian and got my dvds!!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 27th 2002, 3:09 pm

I had my DVDs on Monday from Amazon.ca, for a total delivered price of $101CAN. I feel sorry for those who stuck with AU and paid over $185 for the same thing, and received their sets later than I did.

I sure hope the lunchbox and bonus DVD are worth it... if you ever get them, and you'd better expect tax on those too.

misheebel
Tino

Post by misheebel » Nov 29th 2002, 12:09 pm

My AU order finally arrived! Had to pay $23 for GST.

chelm18
Tino

Yay!

Post by chelm18 » Nov 29th 2002, 2:06 pm

I got my DVD's yesterday from DeepDiscount. I paid $14 CDN customs charges, plus $45.00 american for the set, for a grand total of
$84 CDN!!!!!!!!

I placed my order (after going thru hell to cancel with AU - I only recieved a refund through dusputing the charge with VISA) on November 18th. It was shipped on the 20th, and I recieved it yesterday. I also spoke with their customer service people at least 3 times, and they were very good to work with.
Anyone Canadian who has yet to order a set, I'd reccommend DDD.

feisty_jenn
Frozen Embryo

i got my DVDs

Post by feisty_jenn » Nov 29th 2002, 11:07 pm

Ontario here -- after delivery difficulties with UPS (my error, not AU) finally got DVD's this morning. Did have to pay GST and PST, but that was expected.

as i go through this forum i realize how lucky i was -- only charged once, no problems ecept for the delay we've all been subjected to. i must confess, this gives me faith that the lunchbox and Bonus materials will also appear in due time =)

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Nov 30th 2002, 12:21 pm

About DDD, I have a question.... I looked at the description of the boxset and it says that:

Special Features

Additional Release Material:
Audio Commentary - 1. Cast & Crew
Production Interview - 1. Cast & Crew

Am I the only one surprise about that? Because I thought the boxset would have the episodes and that's all!

I am in Quebec and I am thinking about ordering with DDD but since I would be charge the taxes, I don't believe it would cost me less than ordering with HMV. How exactly did everyone pay for the DVD when they ordered them from DDD! Thank you!

At least I am happy to know that DDD is safe and people got them.

Did anyone order with HMV?

Dominique

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Nov 30th 2002, 12:30 pm

FarrellGirl78 wrote: Additional Release Material:
Audio Commentary - 1. Cast & Crew
Production Interview - 1. Cast & Crew

Am I the only one surprise about that? Because I thought the boxset would have the episodes and that's all!
That's a mistake of the distributor (see FAQ). There's no additional material included.

I'm wondering if the retailers will ever update these "special features" informations. They should have received some complaints from customers by now ("I can't find the audio commentary!!")...

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Nov 30th 2002, 12:57 pm

sab wrote:

That's a mistake of the distributor (see FAQ). There's no additional material included.

I'm wondering if the retailers will ever update these "special features" informations. They should have received some complaints from customers by now ("I can't find the audio commentary!!")...
I thought so... Thank you for the answer! They should change it because people could complaints that they paid for something they didn't get.

Dominique

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 30th 2002, 6:58 pm

Listing features that aren't on discs is all too common in the DVD business. I have discs that list features on the box itself which aren't included. Interestingly, all of these are Miramax properties....