Update from Ross.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Update from Ross.

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 2:03 pm

this just arrived via email:

"BMG will be releasing and shipping 4,000 units of MSCL boxed set to us next week. [bmg] r will confirm that in the morning.

[gwhiz] and I are almost done working out the final payment. When he's received it he'll e-mail or call you and let you know.

---
note: i removed names and replaced with [company name]
Last edited by Jason R on Oct 16th 2002, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 2:07 pm

Hope so.

The deadline was for today, but if BMG agrees with this statement, or asks me to hold off on emailing customers, I will do so.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Re: Update from Ross.

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 16th 2002, 2:10 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:this just arrived via email [ed: from Ross]:

[GWhiz] and I are almost done working out the final payment. When he's received it he'll e-mail or call you and let you know.
Dear Robert,

Truth or Fiction?

Regards,

Kenny
Last edited by pgh kenny on Oct 16th 2002, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 16th 2002, 2:10 pm

What does he mean by "In the morning ? "

I spoke with Steve this morning, and he confirmed he did had heard from Ross and that he would call me TODAY.

does Ross means Wednesday morning or Thursday morning ???

Because technically, it is still morning in California, no ?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 2:17 pm

F*CK!

Excuse my language, but I called GWhiz, and Robert has not even been at work today, so I don't know if Ross spoke with them after they posted that they would not do business with him.

When was that posted? Because they haven't been at work since then.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 16th 2002, 2:19 pm

MartinPierre wrote:Because technically, it is still morning in California, no ?
Oui, it is 11:18am in California.

:D

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 2:20 pm

This is what bugs me. It is a vague answer to a fairly explicit deadline. The deadline is today, but I am told to wait for news that I will receive tomorrow.

FarrellGirl78
Overlooked Sibling

Post by FarrellGirl78 » Oct 16th 2002, 2:23 pm

I hope it is true for everyone who are still hoping for the DVD and etc from AU.

I guess my questions will always be the same. Why did AU asked for our money back in march? Why did I get an e-mail saying that BMG was paid back in may or june when that wasn't the case? And if AU had our money all this time, what did they do with it? How come the people who asked for a refund cannot seem to get it? Those are what I call simple questions that nobody at AU seem to know the answer... pretty weird when you think about it.

Not only do I think Ross needs to pay BMG today for the people who still have some hope in the company but I also think that Ross should show everyone that we can trust him and refund in the next week everyone that cancelled. How am I suppose to have faith in someone who is right now stealing my money?

I am sorry, I know that a lot of people are happy about those "good news" but I still have my doubts and even if Ross does pay BMG, I don't think it makes up for everything he did wrong.

Dominique

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 16th 2002, 2:26 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:This is what bugs me. It is a vague answer to a fairly explicit deadline. The deadline is today, but I am told to wait for news that I will receive tomorrow.
"fool me once, shame on you,
fool me twice, shame on me."

This is why I cancelled me order; I just got tired of being jerked around. Are you tired yet?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 2:29 pm

I got Robert on the phone (he called me when he got in).

Ross did call yesterday and offered to pay for the lunch boxes on an American Express card.

I hate to say it, but I really don't care how he pays as long as he pays.

So, anyway, that's the latest news, and Robert said he'd post at about 2:00 Pacific Time.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 16th 2002, 2:30 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:This is what bugs me. It is a vague answer to a fairly explicit deadline. The deadline is today, but I am told to wait for news that I will receive tomorrow.
What is most silly, is that at least for the lunchboxes, we are talking about small change... the equivalent of about 87 pre-orders. There is no valid reason why the money couldn't be wired in the next hour. It's not like GWhiz and Au are having a disagreement over contractual terms... it's just a matter of Au coughing up the money. So Jason I vote for strict adherence to the deadline. Cashflow isn't a valid excuse when Au has been paid already.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 16th 2002, 2:31 pm

Quite frankly, I would go ahead and email all the customers with the word as it stands today, so those who may not be aware of a problem can at least be notified.

All I see here is another stalling tactic. If AU is serious about delivering the goods we paid for 7 months ago, there should be an official email outlining:

When the DVDs will ship.
When the lunchbox and bonus disc will ship (assuming they ever ship).
What other bonus items are being offered for those who preordered or were double charged.

If AU is unable to let their paying customers know the above, when dozens of retaillers have the basic set for almost half price, then they deserve to lose the business. This has gone on far too long, and if they don't realise that, I don't know what else to say about it.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 16th 2002, 2:36 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:
Ross did call yesterday and offered to pay for the lunch boxes on an American Express card.
Did GWhiz speak to Mr. Rojek yesterday, or did he just leave a message last night? The posts yesterday seemed to indicate the lunchbox deal was dead.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 16th 2002, 2:37 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I got Robert on the phone (he called me when he got in).

If he's just going to charge it, why didn't he do that months ago?

I'm sure the stockholders would be interested in hearing that AU is running on fumes at this point.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 16th 2002, 2:43 pm

The hard part here is I really want these DVDs to be delivered and for people to get the lunchboxes and bonus disc that they shelled out $115 for --let alone the fact that I marketed it and believed in the project. Heck, I even came up with the lunchbox idea while still at BMG. :shock: The fact that it is available for half that price from other retailers, and that fans won't have it much (if at all) earlier, is not something that I can easily accept.

I don't want to set in motion a chain of events that threatens the project. Some investors in CMI Holdings have emailed me and said that AU should sue the pants off me. What I have done, so far, from my perspective, is not threatening the project. I didn't realize it was a crime to demand answers to serious questions. Especially when what you have been told doesn't match what you have heard or read elsewhere.

The lack of answers hasn't helped, either.

For this reason, I am packing it in. From the last week on this forum, you can tell that my relationship with AU cannot continue. I don't have a contract, so I don't think that any formal declaration is even required.

If the product ships, the $25K due to my company should be returned to the customers. If the product does not ship, I will willingly sign over my receivables to any class seeking damages against AnotherUniverse.com.

I am severing all ties with AnotherUniverse.com and CMI Holdings, even though I believe that through their lies and misrepresentations, that any trust was violated long ago.

I delivered what I promised to AU. I delivered the customers, I helped to deliver the DVDs, all that they really had to do was deliver it . I have no control over how they do their business. However, I disapprove of how this project has been handled, and I will not do business with them.

Jason Rosenfeld