Yet more news. Again, not surprising.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Yet more news. Again, not surprising.

Post by Krakolano » Oct 19th 2002, 3:41 am

candygirl wrote:
phelix wrote:With everything Ross has done so far, do you think a little copyright infringement will stand in his way? IF AU produces the disc themselves completely, then they can get someone to make 3000 copies without asking too many questions.
I wouldn't put anything past Ross after the last few weeks of revelations, but I think that he isn't stupid enough to want his company to be slapped with a huge copyright infringement lawsuit. That's a little more open and shut than what he has done to us.

Ross: But we contracted THEM to film for us, your honor.

Judge: Did you pay them?

Ross: No, but we were going to. Eventually.

Judge: And did you then use the footage without paying them?

Ross: Yes, but we were going to pay them.

Judge: Have you ever seen Oz?

Ross: As in "The Wizard of"?

Judge: No, as in the HBO series.

Ross: Why yes, and as a matter of fact we at Another Universe would like to sell them at our website. As soon as we raise some more capital by double charging our customers, we will have some in stock.

Judge: Rusty, take him away!

Judge: Ross Rojek, you are a very bad person, and I sentance you twenty years to life in a Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass-Prison.
"i don't believe in making plans...whatever happens... happens."

-- Krak

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 19th 2002, 7:22 pm

And with that...a new form of interactive MSCL fan fic is born!

:P

EmmBee
Liberty High Student

Post by EmmBee » Oct 19th 2002, 7:31 pm

Krakolano wrote:Judge: Ross Rojek, you are a very bad person, and I sentance you twenty years to life in a Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass-Prison.
I vote we add Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass-Prison Ross to the Ross Rojek action figure line. Adults only, batteries not included. :wink:

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 19th 2002, 8:14 pm

Krakolano wrote:
candygirl wrote:
phelix wrote:With everything Ross has done so far, do you think a little copyright infringement will stand in his way? IF AU produces the disc themselves completely, then they can get someone to make 3000 copies without asking too many questions.
I wouldn't put anything past Ross after the last few weeks of revelations, but I think that he isn't stupid enough to want his company to be slapped with a huge copyright infringement lawsuit. That's a little more open and shut than what he has done to us.

Ross: But we contracted THEM to film for us, your honor.

Judge: Did you pay them?

Ross: No, but we were going to. Eventually.

Judge: And did you then use the footage without paying them?

Ross: Yes, but we were going to pay them.

Judge: Have you ever seen Oz?

Ross: As in "The Wizard of"?

Judge: No, as in the HBO series.

Ross: Why yes, and as a matter of fact we at Another Universe would like to sell them at our website. As soon as we raise some more capital by double charging our customers, we will have some in stock.

Judge: Rusty, take him away!

Judge: Ross Rojek, you are a very bad person, and I sentance you twenty years to life in a Federal Pound-Me-In-The-Ass-Prison.
Ross: It's not like I was laundering money. Wade told me the worst that would happen if I kept the money for my summer home in the Hamptons is that I would go to white color resort prison.

Judge: Uh oh, looks like someone has a case of the Mondays.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Candygirl scripts

Post by lance » Oct 19th 2002, 8:50 pm

Candygirl,
Candygirl wrote:
Note to self: must stop writing imaginary scripts.
Please keep writing, we need all the humour we can get. :)

Lance Man

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 21st 2002, 5:38 am

My understanding is that whoever commits the material to a traceable form (ie written, spoken, tape etc) owns the copyright. This is true even of a secretary who is typing something out for her boss, apparently...

You can assign copyright in something but you'd need an express agreement to do it (written or verbal).

So, the company who films the footage owns the copyright, regardless of whether AU have or have not paid them, until the company agrees to assign the copyright in that film footage to AU.

If this hasn't been done, I think AU is in deep doo doo :D

Not that they'd care, mind...

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

katy
Overlooked Sibling

Post by katy » Oct 21st 2002, 9:06 am

candygirl...
please, please keep writing imaginary scripts!! they amuse a great deal...

Bitterman
Liberty High Student

Post by Bitterman » Oct 21st 2002, 3:32 pm

Nah, the coolest avatar has to be yours. Natalie Portman is simply superb, and Leon - what a film!

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

OH MY GOD...CAN'T..STOP..LAUGHING..

Post by Rickie Love » Oct 22nd 2002, 9:42 pm

Candygirl, Krakalano :lol: :lol: :lol: That was SOOO f*ckin' funny!! Ross..in a Pound-Me-In-The-Ass-Prison...THAT'S TERRIBLE!! :lol: :lol: Read this last night, but :lol: had to turn off computer :lol: bed time :lol: Oh, my stomach hurts.. :cry: :lol: :lol: :cry:

Thanks guys, I really needed that laughing fit. Rare these days what with being robbed etc.

Yes, please continue with the funnies :wink:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:06 am

Bitterman wrote:Nah, the coolest avatar has to be yours. Natalie Portman is simply superb, and Leon - what a film!
If you are referring to mine. I was blown away when i first saw the picture. If it hadn't been labeled, i wouldn't have had any clue who it was. :shock:

Didn't know it was from a film.

----------------------------
Ross.... I want my F__ing refund! :x