Are there any...?

Discussion and questions about the FanFiction section of MSCL.com. You can also post excerpts of your unfinished stories here if you're looking for feedback or ideas.
Cocolina
Tino

Are there any...?

Post by Cocolina » Jun 19th 2003, 12:01 pm

Hi I'm a long time fan of MSCL. I lived for the show when it first aired, I recored all the shows when they were on MTV. I since lost the tapes with marraige and moving. I just recently got into the FANFIC for MSCL. I was just wondering if there are any FAN FIC where angela forgives Rayanne, and ends up with Jordan. Most FANFIC have Angela/Brian endings.

Thanks in advance

Lina

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 19th 2003, 12:56 pm

The back-story of my fan fic pieces has those elements. Angela and Jordan date off and on for many years. However, Angela's studies and academic career and Jordan's commitment issues doom their relationship. Brian, who's been absent for a long time, reenters Angela's life during the 10 year high school reunion. Angela and Rayanne reconcile, but their relationship suffers due to Angela's being away from Pittsburgh for large stretches of time. I deal with these elements in passing, since I'm more interested in the Angela/Brian relationship. I like the idea of dealing with the characters as adults. I haven't written much in the last week or so, but I plan to get back in the swing this week. Unfortunately, I haven't read many of the fan fic stories others have written. Not reading them is kind of by design, since I don't want to contaminate my own story lines. But I will probably read the work of others when I complete my current story. I'm not sure if I'm going to go back and fill in more of the earlier stuff.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Cocolina
Tino

Post by Cocolina » Jun 19th 2003, 3:04 pm

Ok cool did u post your stories if so where can i find them there is no tom speed in the authors directory

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 19th 2003, 3:25 pm

Welcome, Cocalina!

I think TomSpeed's FanFic is here:

http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2314

(Can't believe candygirl hasn't already jumped on this. :wink: )
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 19th 2003, 3:42 pm

Thanks for the link, Megs.

I'm posting my stories in the forum as I write them. It's kind of/sort of a real-time writing exercise or serial. I submitted the first completed story to Sab, who will add it to the fan fic section on the next update. One story has been completed and another one is halfway done.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?

Cocolina
Tino

Post by Cocolina » Jun 19th 2003, 3:52 pm

thanks for the link...what i do is email them to my work email and print them so i have some reading to do on the bus rides to and from work ...as i do not have a printer home this is my only options if i want to read when im off line ty very much

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Jun 19th 2003, 4:03 pm

TomSpeed

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 19th 2003, 4:25 pm

Cocolina - there are 150 fanfics archived here at mscl.com - it's been a while since I read them, but I do recall there being some versions where Angela does forgive Rayanne and ends up with Jordan. For a complete listing of the stories, see here
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Cocolina
Tino

Post by Cocolina » Jun 19th 2003, 5:12 pm

ty for the replies i have read some of the stories on the fan fic part of this page they are wonderful ....the one i read this morning just left me hanging ....does anyone ever visit the chat room on this site ...are there any mscl chat rooms that are still open....it just amazes me after all these years how many fans there are out there if only abc kept the show going omg do u think they knew #19 was gonna be the last one when they shot it ....they sure left us hanging didnt they .....

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 19th 2003, 5:32 pm

Yes they knew it was going to be the last show. The Angela's world essays will explain it. Candygirl will give you the link.

(Candygirl that's your cue.) :wink:
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Cocolina
Tino

Post by Cocolina » Jun 19th 2003, 6:03 pm

ok please forgive me imma newbie...but why is there like sub names under our real name like mine says frozen embryo and some say lh grad and some say tino does that have to do w/ how many post that have been submitted by the person...just a question :oops:

Nothingman
Liberty High Graduate

Post by Nothingman » Jun 19th 2003, 6:19 pm

Cocolina wrote:ok please forgive me imma newbie...but why is there like sub names under our real name like mine says frozen embryo and some say lh grad and some say tino does that have to do w/ how many post that have been submitted by the person...just a question
You got it, the names change as your number of posts increase.
"To come to your senses, you must first go out of your mind." - Alan Watts

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 19th 2003, 6:42 pm

Nothingman wrote:Yes they knew it was going to be the last show. The Angela's world essays will explain it. Candygirl will give you the link.

(Candygirl that's your cue.) :wink:
I'm on it! :D

You can read Angela's World essays here

The posting ranks are explained in the Announcements Forum.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jun 23rd 2003, 6:54 pm

Coco, my fan fics feature both of those events, although they don't happen right away. I always thought Angela would eventually forgive Jordan because she knew he thought they had broken up and even though he didn't actually write the letter, it was still how he felt. But her forgiving Rayanne would take much longer and it would take something major that effected them both to come together. I wrote like 6 or 7 fics but I never really finished. I should get on that.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)