Wilson Cruz in Rent (1997-1998)

Discuss former or new projects of Wilson Cruz ("Rickie Vasquez") in this forum.
kimincali
Tino

Wilson Cruz in Rent (1997-1998)

Post by kimincali » Aug 10th 2002, 7:38 pm

This is so old, but I thought I would mention it. The first time I saw Rent on Broadway (in 1997, I think), Wilson Cruz was playing Angel. He was fabulous.

That is all.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 10th 2002, 11:23 pm

I saw Rent at the La Jolla Playhouse, the first stop on the first national tour. I think I told this story before, so stop me if you've heard this one :wink:

I knew that Doogie Hauser was playing the lead role of Mark, but I had NO idea who else was in the cast. When we sat down and opened up the program, I saw Wilson's picture staring back at me on the cast page and I had a very Girls Just Want to Have Fun moment - I grabbed my boyfriend's arm and yelled, "Omigawd, it's Rickie!" :D

He was awesome! I was already familiar with his acting talent from MSCL, but I was so impressed with his singing and dancing abilities. There was an hour long documentary shown on a San Diego station about the Rent tour - they interviewed the cast, producers, etc. and showed footage from rehearsal. It was so cute because it was obvious that they had grown very close. :)

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Wilson Cruz in Rent

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Aug 11th 2002, 6:32 pm

I don't think anything is ever old, kimincali, when it comes to MSCL.

It sounds like WC was great in this production and it even harkens back to Rickie's character and how he was so talented in drama. I wonder if Rent led to many more Broadway roles for WC. Does anyone know?
"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 12th 2002, 4:02 am

As far as I know, that was his only Broadway role because he has been working on movies lately.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Wilson Cruz in Rent

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 3rd 2010, 8:12 am

I found this old interview with Wilson Cruz when the Benny cast of Rent was in LA back in 1997. Nice interview, some backstage stuff, and NPH singing!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GLQ2QbrRgs
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?