Devon Gummersall in Felicity

Discuss former or new projects of Devon Gummersall ("Brian Krakow") in this forum.
lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Devon Gummersall in Felicity

Post by lizardcub » Jun 17th 2003, 1:15 am

I just rewatched Devon Gummersall's 5 episodes from the first season of Felicity. I hadn't seen them since the original airing.

What creeps me out about it is that in some ways, Zack really seems like a sort of plausible college-age Brian to me. But then I have all this cognitive dissonance over the idea of Brian raping anyone.

Did other people have this reaction, or were you more able to separate Zack's character from Brian's?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 17th 2003, 9:37 am

I didn't think that, no. I did think that he didn't really mean to rape her. I kind of sympathized with his character more than with Julie (the character he raped).

I thought it was a totally different character than Brian. I don't think that Brian would be like that in college.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jun 18th 2003, 12:57 am

I haven't seen those in years and they were probably the only episodes of Felicity I really watched, but if I remember correctly, they did a good job at having him rape her but still be likeable. It was passive-aggressive rape.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 18th 2003, 9:27 am

Yes, and I fell right for it. I am so easy.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 18th 2003, 1:19 pm

One of the many reasons why we love you Megs!

:wink:

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jun 18th 2003, 2:17 pm

Ha! I knew it wouldn't take you long!

:wink:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 18th 2003, 3:17 pm

It's good to know I'm so reliable!

:D

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.

Kalalily
Frozen Embryo

Agreed

Post by Kalalily » Sep 15th 2003, 11:18 pm

I just saw these episodes, and as well I felt it to be a totally different character than Brian. I agree they did a good job laying it out, at the end it was discouraging to see him go*little puppy dog with tail between his legs*.... :cry:

Hunee
Between Names

Post by Hunee » Oct 22nd 2003, 10:10 am

I saw those episodes to and was like OMG... I mean i didnt even know he was going to be on and it took me a second to be like its krakow!!! but i didnt like his character to much on felicity... i think he fit brian really well but i guess you cant stay the same character forever
so make the best of this test, and dont ask why
its not a question, but a lesson learned in time its something unpredictable, but in the end is right i hope you had the time of your life

Angela_Catalano
Between Names

Post by Angela_Catalano » Aug 16th 2004, 4:56 pm

I did watch felicity on its first season, but did not continue to. Im not actually sure why i stopped, I did like the show! I can not figure out who Brian was on that show. Can someone help me out and tell me what the charector was that he played?? Also is it he on during the first season that I did watch?

~Thanks!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Aug 16th 2004, 6:04 pm

As lizardcub said in her original post, Devon Gummersall plays Zack during the first season of Felicity. Megs went on to explain that his character rapes Felicity's roommate Julie. For more detailed information, you can read the individual episode recaps at TWoP.

Jody Barsch*
Lifehead

Post by Jody Barsch* » Aug 18th 2004, 9:51 pm

On the subject of Devon Gummersall... I did a Google image search today and found a great picture of him playing pool, unfortunately, I lost the address and cannot find it again for the life of me. Not to be too random, but has anybody seen this picture and/or have the address?
Sometimes I write a little MSCL fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1039807/Jody-Barsch
Also, after multiple V. Mars reiterations, and finally a Deadwood movie, still wishing for some continuation of The Riches !

JasonM
Tino

Post by JasonM » Oct 14th 2006, 3:24 pm

I realize this is an old thread, but...

I watched the "rape" episode with a bunch of friends when it first aired. We all noticed that both Brian and Zack exit their respective series by writing a note (yeah, I know, one was given to Julie, the other written for Jordan).

I always wondered if this wasn't some inside joke for fans of both shows.

estherlo
Tino

Post by estherlo » Oct 22nd 2006, 8:52 am

I saw severals tv shows that guststarring Devon and find them all making him a miserable person-- well they're so heartbreaking, Zack and Kevin in Without a Trace!