I laughed out loud when...

General discussion about the nineteen episodes of "My So-Called Life". Note: Our episode guide can be found here.
blueskiesfalling
Frozen Embryo

Funny moment...

Post by blueskiesfalling » Jun 16th 2005, 6:01 pm

These are great! I don't think anyone's mentioned this one, but everytime I watch the series and am surprised by this moment. I always have to rewind and watch it several times.
Rayanne: Well, obviously I told my mother. But all I said
was you were hot for him.
Angela: Well, why did you even tell her that? Now, my
mother thinks we slept together.
Rayanne: Well, ok. Do you want my mother to call your
mother and tell her you didn't sleep together?
Angela: Ahhhh!
That particular "ahhhh!" seems well aware of the weirdness quotient of the situation, and utterly fed up with it.

~ Connor
Email: connor@afterdusk.org
Blog: http://blueskiesfalling.blogspot.com
Quote: "In my room, one seam's a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me." -- Brian Krakow

Mighty K.C.
Frozen Embryo

Post by Mighty K.C. » Jun 28th 2005, 5:56 pm

Just thought I would add a couple that haven't been metioned in the previous posts:

When Danielle dressed up like Angela for Halloween. Even though Danielle is my least favorite character, I thought the whole scene with her in the kitchen was funny.

At the end of Weekend when Brian is leaving and just standing in front of Angela, I think waiting for a kiss/hug. The look on his face is priceless.

Kryzbn1
Tino

Post by Kryzbn1 » Jul 5th 2005, 4:21 pm

ll
Last edited by Kryzbn1 on Jun 9th 2008, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bint
Frozen Embryo

Post by Bint » Sep 2nd 2005, 7:18 pm

My first post! :)

It is difficult to pick particular sequences of the show that I found funny. Obviously the MSCL series fits into the teen drama genre, however, I never think of it simply as that. It was a show about life and thus the show was entwined with a mixture of everything, including some classic comedy moments.

I always laugh when I watch the part of "On The Wagon" when Graham catches Patty listening to the phone conversation of Angela. I thought that was so indicative of, not just Patty's behaviour, but of a parents. It really seemed to say something about the issue of privacy between children and parents and how they attempt to keep things from each other, but also how hypocritcal each side can be. It's funny because it is true.

Every instance of comedy that has been written about have been great moments of the series. Love them all!

Daniel.

snowman
Frozen Embryo

Post by snowman » Oct 13th 2005, 2:27 pm

I don't know if most people will find this very funny, but I LMAO every time I see it . In "Why Jordan Can't Read" when Jordan drives Angela home after the "rehearsal" they are sitting in the car talking about his reading problem - Jordan: Hey, I can read, OK? (pause) Just not... Angela:No, I know Jordan: Just not that good.(pause) You know those guys... up in the mountains? Angela:What guys? Jordan: Who make snow, like, like, as their job Angela: Oh, yeah. Jordan:(long pause) I would really like to do that. Angela:(pause) You mean part-time or...(they kiss) I just read that back and it really doesn't seem funny in writing... but the way Jordan takes that left turn and the way Angela says "part-time' and the look on her face just cracks me up.

AniAnnika
Jody Barsh

Post by AniAnnika » Jan 18th 2006, 3:35 pm

To me the funniest moment is at the end of Father Figures where Graham is telling Brian to help him with the gutter and Brian ignores him, and Graham mutters, "Gee, sir, I'd like to help you, but I'm too busy picturing your daughter [i]naked[/i]." That quote cracks me up every time.

AniAnnika
Jody Barsh

Post by AniAnnika » Jan 26th 2006, 1:52 pm

I thought of another one (watching the intamacy tape...Pressure):

Brian: My parents have a vibrator. It sounds like a lawn mower.
Rickie: I wish I could get away with bicycle shorts.

:lol:

Miss_Leto
Tino

Post by Miss_Leto » Mar 1st 2006, 6:53 pm

i think that "yeah, my car" - sentence is pretty dramatic :cry:

Miss_Leto
Tino

Post by Miss_Leto » Mar 1st 2006, 7:11 pm

My LOL moment was "Do we have to keep talking about religion? It's Christmas." by Danielle in So-called angels ( I think)

it´s sooooooooo funny!!! :D

Kate and her Guitar
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Kate and her Guitar » Mar 3rd 2006, 4:12 am

I laughed out loud last night at the bit in "Other People's Mothers" when Patti's mum has put a turkey in the fridge, and Graeme's just standing there starting into it with a look of disbelief and dispair on his face. It's hilarious!

Miss_Leto
Tino

Post by Miss_Leto » Mar 3rd 2006, 6:56 pm

yep, that one is gorgeous, too!

also patti´s comment about the turkey needing its own room :-)

nkatsa
Three Rivers Resident

Post by nkatsa » Mar 31st 2006, 9:21 pm

Brian to Jordan: "You like, do this? This is like, how you live??" LOL
At the end of Weekend when Brian is leaving and just standing in front of Angela, I think waiting for a kiss/hug. The look on his face is priceless
that is a great one that i must admit i didn't even notice until maybe the third time i had watched it. brian being awkward completely cracks me up! maybe it's because when i'm watching it he feels like he's one of my old friends and i can laugh at what a big dork he was as a kid. ... i wonder if that's a weird way to regard these characters... hahahaha
I bet you can actually die of embarrassment. I bet it's been medically proven.

beachluvr
Tino

Post by beachluvr » Aug 2nd 2007, 12:16 am

again, I'm late to the party, but I loved reading all of these and laughing once again over them

I have two notmentioned yet that I laugh out loud over every time I see them:

1) Angela sweeping in w/a dreamy smile after making out in the boiler room and hugging first Patty and then Graham and saying how she's just studying for midterms, then sweeps out again to their utter disbelief

Patty : Okay, now -- I *refuse* to panic just because she's happy.
Graham : Although it is alarming.
Patty : Oh, it's *terribly* alarming.

and my personal favorite:

2) Jordan coming to the Chase's door to pick up Angela and Graham answering the door...the way they both just stare at each other and completely mirror each other's little gestures (Graham scratching the back of his head folowed by Jordan doing the same)...their exchange is much the same w/both of them sizing each other up & mirroring some of each other's statements

Jordan : Oh.
Graham : Oh, back at you.
Jordan : Is Angela here?
Graham : Are you Jordan?
Jordan : Yeah. Are you -- her dad?
Graham : Uh, yeah -- yeah. So, uh you, uh you guys are going to a party?
Jordan : Is that what Angela said?
Graham : You mean, you're not?

Brunkster
Liberty High Student

Post by Brunkster » Aug 10th 2007, 4:09 pm

From Self Esteem:

Angela and Jordan are down in the boiler room kissing.

Angela VO: We barely talked, and when we did, it came out sounding really meaningful.
Angela: There's a tiny leaf in your hair.
Jordan: Where?
(a stomach grumbles)
Jordan: But is that your stomach or my stomach?

Meaningful indeed! Classic!

4alifetime
Liberty High Student

Re: I laughed out loud when...

Post by 4alifetime » Oct 3rd 2007, 3:11 pm

I don't know if this one was brought up either, there are so many funny scenes, but I always loved the part where Jordan sneaks into Angela's house in Pressure(I think) and when Patty comes down the stairs to talk to her about meeting Jordan he can hear the whole conversation. I thought Claire Danes was hilarious in that scene! Then Angela comes back into the kitchen and Jordan says "So you like me??!"

I also always laugh out loud when Patty is rushing out the door in the Christmas episode to go look for Angela and Brian is at the door and she yells at him "Just spit it out!" And then she looks and Graham and says "I'm sorry!" Anyone else remember that one?
There's so many different ways to be connected to people.
There are the people you feel this unspoken connection to,
even though there's not even a word for it.
There's the people who you've known forever, who know you in
this way that other people can't, because they've seen you
change...

they've let you change.