This is how it is

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jenn

This is how it is

Post by Jenn » Sep 18th 2002, 1:55 pm

After quickly scanning over a few new notes in the forum, unfortunately it looks like the 17th of this month isn't a realistic shipping date. :cry: My hopes have followed a manic depressive pattern, and today (unlike many other MSCL customers) I still have the patience and desire to hold on to my order.

ONLY, please someone reassure me that this product isn't in fact a hoax.
Now, most of my frustrations do not originate from the constant postponement of the DVD set let-out date. If anything, I can wait another year if needed, assuming this is a legit product. The only thing I'd like to have cleared, for my nerves sake and mind's ease, is the multiple billing error to my bank account. So, if anyone hears my plea, preferrable someone who has been in my similar situation AND has had their problem resolved, please give me some good effective advice. Make my :cry:, :) . Thank you.

angelgirl
Nicky Driscoll

Post by angelgirl » Sep 18th 2002, 3:45 pm

i really wish someone would let us know when exactly they are going to be shipped, they are so close now it should not be that difficult to give us a date of when they will ship. it's june 18th all over again. could somebody at au please tell us what is going on. i will wait if i have to, but i would like to know how much longer. :?

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Sep 18th 2002, 4:03 pm

Well, read my new post...

I just called AnotherUniverse...

Denie
Between Names

Re: This is how it is

Post by Denie » Sep 18th 2002, 4:13 pm

Jenn wrote:
ONLY, please someone reassure me that this product isn't in fact a hoax.
Now, most of my frustrations do not originate from the constant postponement of the DVD set let-out date. If anything, I can wait another year if needed, assuming this is a legit product. The only thing I'd like to have cleared, for my nerves sake and mind's ease, is the multiple billing error to my bank account. So, if anyone hears my plea, preferrable someone who has been in my similar situation AND has had their problem resolved, please give me some good effective advice. Make my :cry:, :) . Thank you.
The DVD is not a hoax. Jason previewed the DVDs last week. (He watched every single episode!)
As for your billing problems, I recommend calling AU. I too was double-charged, and though it did take longer than I would have liked to receive a refund, I eventually get my money back.

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Sep 19th 2002, 5:24 pm

The only thing I'd like to have cleared, for my nerves sake and mind's ease, is the multiple billing error to my bank account. So, if anyone hears my plea, preferable someone who has been in my similar situation AND has had their problem resolved, please give me some good effective advice.
Don't worry about the credit, it will come back to you. I will not hide anything from you, it WILL take a while. I think it took 1 month for me.

The best thing to do is call. I waited for 3 weeks and sent many many many emails and never heard anything. I finally took the time to call and spoke with Wade. He said he would do his best to expedite it. 1 week later I received my credit.

AU is very overwhelmed with this whole project and were completely caught off guard. I agree that they should have handled things a little more professionally (i.e. mass emails, answering emails and such), but I think the sheer volume of problems that occurred completely caught them off guard.

I feel they have tried to make good by fixing the problems and sending out an apology to everyone. Give them a call. At least you will get the satisfaction of speaking to a LIVE human being about your concerns.

"It can't rain all the time"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 19th 2002, 5:50 pm

was the apology emailed to everyone who encountered a problem?
kriddyboo wrote:
The only thing I'd like to have cleared, for my nerves sake and mind's ease, is the multiple billing error to my bank account. So, if anyone hears my plea, preferable someone who has been in my similar situation AND has had their problem resolved, please give me some good effective advice.
Don't worry about the credit, it will come back to you. I will not hide anything from you, it WILL take a while. I think it took 1 month for me.

The best thing to do is call. I waited for 3 weeks and sent many many many emails and never heard anything. I finally took the time to call and spoke with Wade. He said he would do his best to expedite it. 1 week later I received my credit.

AU is very overwhelmed with this whole project and were completely caught off guard. I agree that they should have handled things a little more professionally (i.e. mass emails, answering emails and such), but I think the sheer volume of problems that occurred completely caught them off guard.

I feel they have tried to make good by fixing the problems and sending out an apology to everyone. Give them a call. At least you will get the satisfaction of speaking to a LIVE human being about your concerns.

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Sep 19th 2002, 6:26 pm

I beleive everyone received the apology email....
We apologize for the delays on this project. The scope of this project was bigger than anything we had attempted before. The randomness and reasons of the delays far eclipsed anything we were told to expect. The result of which was you, the fan, being longsuffering and understanding enough to stick with us. We appreciate all your faith and understanding that each and every one of you has given us. THANK-YOU!

Don't you 'member Jason??? Or has your poor brain suffered a perminent melt-down due to this whole mess?

Shame on you anyways! Your supposed to be taking a break. Go... Shoo.. get some much needed rest. I guarantee you, we will all still be here when you get back. :D

Last edited by kriddyboo on Sep 19th 2002, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Sep 19th 2002, 6:31 pm

i had been told that separate apology was being emailed to everyone who ran into a double charge problem.
kriddyboo wrote:I beleive everyone received the apoligy email....
We apologize for the delays on this project. The scope of this project was bigger than anything we had attempted before. The randomness and reasons of the delays far eclipsed anything we were told to expect. The result of which was you, the fan, being longsuffering and understanding enough to stick with us. We appreciate all your faith and understanding that each and every one of you has given us. THANK-YOU!

Don't you 'member Jason??? Or has your poor brain suffered a perminent melt-down due to this whole mess?

Shame on you anyways! Your supposed to be taking a break. Go... Shoo.. get some much needed rest. I guarantee you, we will all still be here when you get back. :D

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Sep 19th 2002, 7:19 pm

Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had been told that separate apology was being emailed to everyone who ran into a double charge problem.
Not that I got. That's ok though. This one was good enough for me.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Sep 19th 2002, 8:31 pm

I haven't recieved any letter of apology. Hell, I never even recieved my snail mail reciept. I only got the same letter everyone (or should've been everyone) else got with AU announcing the "release" date of Sept. 17th.

Did this letter of supposed "apology" only go out for overcharges that were fixed?
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Sep 20th 2002, 11:24 am

I got a nice apology-email. Pretty personal I think.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 20th 2002, 11:36 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:was the apology emailed to everyone who encountered a problem?
No, I never got emailed an apology. They finally got my double charge fixed, but that didn't fix the fact that they stole $70 from me for two weeks. (Since my account was debit, not credit, it was ACTUAL money they stole).

I've been checking my junk mail folder consistenly too, so its not a case of "Oh, well, maybe hotmail ate it..." bullcrap.

I too never recieved a snail-mail receipt. So were they lying to us about this as well???

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Sep 20th 2002, 11:52 am

andrewgd wrote:
No, I never got emailed an apology. They finally got my double charge fixed, but that didn't fix the fact that they stole $70 from me for two weeks. (Since my account was debit, not credit, it was ACTUAL money they stole).

I've been checking my junk mail folder consistenly too, so its not a case of "Oh, well, maybe hotmail ate it..." bullcrap.

I too never recieved a snail-mail receipt. So were they lying to us about this as well???
I received a snail-mail receipt... it came about a month after the date on the letter. Don't know if it was lost in the mail for a while or what. I did not receive an apology email, but they have my hotmail address so it is possible I lost it in the junk mail folder. I feel for you on the debit card... you are absolutely right, for people that used debit cards a double charge is stealing. It is like involuntarily giving someone an interest free loan.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Sep 20th 2002, 12:35 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:I feel for you on the debit card... you are absolutely right, for people that used debit cards a double charge is stealing. It is like involuntarily giving someone an interest free loan.
What's worse is that I had to pay bills late because they took this money from me.

There's a few things I don't understand about all these problems. First of all, I thought that we had to ok the charge (past the initial $20) because the authorization ran out on it. So how in the heck are they able to double charge us without our authorization? This was MONTHS after we paid for our sets in full.

So I called AU asking how this happened, and the person who answered the phone (I'm guessing Wade, but I'm not sure) told me it was their CC authorization company's fault. I asked him who they were so I could call them and complain, but he wouldn't cough up a name. So I found the name (Authorize.net) on this webpage, and asked him if it was them, and he finally said yes.

Then I called up Authorize.net and asked them how this double charge could possibly happen, and they said it was IMPOSSIBLE for them to double charge a customer. They said that the ONLY way it was possible for them to charge a customer was for the retailer to OK the charge.

So then I called Wade back up and told him what Authorize.net told me. He said, (in general quotes) "Well, I only know what I've been told, and I was told to tell customers that it was the fault of the authorization company."

Basically the customer support guy for AU has been told to lie to the customers. Which doesn't come as a big surpise at this point I guess.

Oh well, at least I've been refunded the double charge. I don't think it was exactly LEGAL what they did, and I hope they pay for it in some way. But at this point I'm only out late fees, and inconviniences.

Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

wow

Post by Krakolano » Sep 20th 2002, 1:26 pm

unbelievable...
anyone else get the feeling there's something shady going on here? these guys are sketchy at best...
there is definately something weird about this, legitimate delays and such aside -- anyone else get the feeling AU is covering something up?

what were they doing with our 'borrowed' money?
anyone have and AU conspiracy theories?
where's Fox Mulder when you need him?
"i don't believe in making plans...whatever happens... happens."

-- Krak