I, too, am having Another Universe problems

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Being me the head of Ross Rojek... umm I mean Alfredo Garcia

Post by ClarenceWorley » Sep 5th 2002, 7:43 am

It is truly disheartening to hear that AU is blaming you, someone who has been instrumental in keeping this project alive, for disrupting it. It makes no sense whatsoever. Through the ups and downs, you've been nothing but diplomatic during the course of project thus far, and AU is greatly pushing the limits of that. Could they be trying to call attention away from the problems? Maybe, or AU could be unwisely seeking to remove whatever trust may still exist between them and yourself.

I've never been outspoken about AU's management of their role in this project, (and I was one of those overcharged) but when they're willing to do *that*, I feel I must do something. Whatever happens, the rational people who have plonked down their money are behind you.

In regard to the double charges and so forth… alas, actions speak louder than words, but we've only been hearing words from AU.

</meandering tirade>

Pedro!

Post by Pedro! » Sep 5th 2002, 9:56 am

I can't believe that AU have bitten the hands that feeds them.

AU has been one long-running joke, and without the saving grace of Jason, this entire operation would have gone under MONTHS ago.
I personally would have cancelled my order, and i'm damn sure hundreds more would have too (something which, by the way, jason NEVER tiold us to consider) if he wasn't a part of this.

I thought AU were highly unprofessional before I read Jasons post,
but now I think they are underhand, ungrateful and incredibly rude.
(not to mention stupid, incompetent and unworthy of this project)
Jason has been incredible and resilient thoughout this whole saga, and i'm so annoyed that they would accuse him of annonymous postings and trying to thwart the success of the project.

For your information AU, Jason DID NOT and has NEVER suggested that we, the customers keeping ur shitty company afloat with all our money, cancel our orders. Nor do I believe that he would ever post annonymously
on the site - why? because you have pissed so many people off that he doesn't need to create ficticious issues - THERE ARE HUNDREDS ANYWAY YOU IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only do you owe all your customers affected by double charges and lack of communication (i.e pretty much everyone) an apology, but you also owe one to Jason too.

I am quite simply disgusted.

Eliza
Tino

Ross Rojek Apology: Miracles Do Happen!

Post by Eliza » Sep 5th 2002, 11:49 am

David, I applaud you for doing whatever mysterious thing you did to actually earn an apology from Ross Rojek and an assurance that your account will be credited. It's too bad that AU can't offer the rest of us the same courtesy. I have disputed the double charge with my credit card company, but I have not yet heard from them about it. I fear that AU will NEVER come through with the refund. I've been waiting for almost a month. This is all so appalling that sometimes it doesn't even seem real.

Eliza (order #W3210644)

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

LMAO @ Jason!

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 5th 2002, 2:28 pm

I just got this wicked mental picture of Jason at the wheel of a flaming school bus with a really determined expression on his face just as he crashes into the AU warehouse! :lol:

Boy, that sure brings back my old incendiary school bus days!

BTW, did you see the season finale of 24 when Jack drove that van into the warehouse then jumped out and gunned down all the bad guys? Not that I'm suggesting anything, but hey, I can dream, can't I? :twisted:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Amazing

Post by lance » Sep 5th 2002, 3:23 pm

Wow,

I have been reading on this forum for months now and it is crystal clear to me that AU continues to make life difficult for people trying to buy their product. Funny that, I thought if a customer wants to buy a product from them the company would treat them like royalty. Apparently the management of AU didn't take the same business courses at Rutgers, if they went.

Anyway but for AU to chew out Jason for trying to help the rest of us with ordering problems is just insane! :evil: I agree with Candygirl jason has been the one reason why any of us every slapped down hard earned cash way back in February. Does anyone at AU actually read this message board? This doesn't seem like deep, intellectual excersize. Customer orders one set, gets charged for one set. Customer orders two sets, customer gets charged for two, not 276.

Customers like Jason and appreciate his efforts, AU gives Jason large raise and pat on the back for earning business and providing stellar customer service. He shouldn't get chewed for doing his job.

I work at the Public Library here in Cincinnati, Ohio. If I were to treat my patrons the way AU treats its customers I would get canned, and rightly so. Shame on AU!

Thank you Jason for your hard work and honesty. You vent all you want :D you have more than earned the right to do so.

Lance

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

IJJTBB Membership

Post by Nostradamus » Sep 5th 2002, 3:26 pm

Megs wrote:Yeah, and where can I sign up to be a member of the "Isn't Jason great" club? I think he deserves a freaking Medal of Honor; or at the very least, the Nobel Peace Prize.
For the record, the club's proper name is: the Isn't Jason Just The Best Brigade. Also known as: the Free and Illuminated Masonic Orderly Grand Mother Bavarian Lodge of the Brotherhood of Strict Jacobite Observance of Jason of the Rosy Field. Candygirl was the founder and functions (I presume) as the Brigadier. SoCalledFan is the Minister of Cheese, unless she took that promotion to Minister of Defense. Dtheater might be the First Tiger. I, Nostradamus, am still proud to wear the Menacing Black Cape of the Court Astrologer (TM). Finally, Jason himself is supposed to wear a crown and wave a baton or something, but we haven't quite worked that out yet.

If you like, Megs, I can grant you a temporary commission as First Officer of Ritz Crackers, subject to the Brigadier's approval, of course. Feel free to invent a craftier title for yourself, and thereby gain access to the untold power and ancient mysteries preserved only by the IJJTBB. 8)
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

bungalo13

hmmmmm

Post by bungalo13 » Sep 6th 2002, 3:46 pm

Hey,
I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I understand that a lot of people seem to be getting screwed over, and with this many people getting screwed over there is OBVIOUSLY a problem. I am just curious, are you guys the majority or the minority? As far as I can tell I was singled charged and there hasn't been an issue since. Now thats not to say I won't be billed again tomorrow, or that my DVDs will ever come, but I am just curious.
*BEN*

Post by Guest » Sep 10th 2002, 10:30 pm

I'm still not 100% confident until I actually receive the discs. I can only hope that what AU lacks in customer service and the handling of charges and bills, they make up for in shipping, but I fear that, too, will be one huge disaster.

They obviously are not going to benefit from any repeat business after this venture, so I'm not surprised in the least if they don't care about any of the overcharges and any of the customers. They have more important things to worry about like their other customers that order through their comic store and aren't aware of this atrocity of customer relations. Maybe they'll get around to it eventually, but I'm not holding my breath for any refunds. It's a lost cause in their eyes, so why exert much effort?