Bonus Disc

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Bonus Disc

Post by kriddyboo » Jul 19th 2002, 1:10 pm

Jason,

If I may, without "exposing" any secrets... What's on the bonus disc. I know there's interviews with the cast and stuff, but which cast members. Did you get Claire or Jared? Do they even know about it? I bet they would want a copy. Well at least Claire... Jared seems a little aloof. What about the other cast members. I'm afraid I'm not good with names. Just curious. If it's a BIG secret then let it be.

I know, I know, I'm worse than a kid at Christmas.
"But Ma, I just wanna little peek!"
:P

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Jul 20th 2002, 12:05 am

Did the cast interviews even happen? I know Dan flew out there back in April, but the interviews fell through at he 11th hour and I don't remember seeing anything abot them being re-scheduled.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jul 20th 2002, 2:23 pm

The bonus disc is going to have me doing my famous tablecloth trick. :P

Actually, I will speak with the guy in charge of the bonus disc (he is very respected in MSCL circles, and is arguably the foremost expert of all things MSCL), to see what I am at liberty to share.

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Jul 21st 2002, 12:33 am

Looking forward to that tablecloth trick!
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

Mong Face

Chocolate Eggs

Post by Mong Face » Jul 22nd 2002, 11:41 am

Will there be any 'hidden' Easter Eggs on the DVDs?

Debs
Liberty High Student

CAST INTERVIEWS

Post by Debs » Aug 19th 2002, 8:44 am

We haven't heard if the cast interviews actually happened. I'd be grateful if someone in the know could drop us a hint. I am really looking forward to viewing the bonus disc and don't want to expect them if they couldn't be scheduled in time.

Ta muchly x
Mom. Streamers?

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Aug 24th 2002, 2:01 pm

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Would someone be kind enough to answer my question above?

Thank you!

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :P
Mom. Streamers?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Aug 24th 2002, 3:06 pm

Besides the original producer/writer interviews, the other cast interviews did not come together. Not for lack of trying. Ask the guys involved. Next week, we will speak with the interviewer to see if he thinks we have to throw in the towel. (Note: turnaround time for the bonus discs is nothing compared to the other discs, and would work within the posted release date)

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Aug 25th 2002, 5:16 am

Ah well...

That's a shame but I'm sure those involved in collecting material for the bonus disc tried their very best.

Looking forward v.much to watching the production interviews - especially Winnie! :D
Mom. Streamers?

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Aug 27th 2002, 8:01 am

If cast interviews can't be done, is there any past interviews that are going on the disc like from the time when the show was made?
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by danguyf » Aug 28th 2002, 9:17 am

If cast interviews can't be done, is there any past interviews that are going on the disc like from the time when the show was made?
There is a *great* interview with the entire cast, plus many of the directors and writers and producers involved. The organization that owns the rights wants $20k apparently, though, which is painfully steep.

I would love to see this interview make the disc; coupled with the interview I conducted with Winnie, Ed, and Marshall, plus a gallery of the never-before-seen promotional photographs from BMG's archives, I think that alone would make for the ultimate bonus disc.

Unfortunately, as with many things in life, it may come down to economics, though. Still, I have hope. I know that Ross wants to put out a truly quality product. It's the only way to make up for the billing errors and delays (even though neither may be AU's fault), really.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Persuasion

Post by Nostradamus » Aug 28th 2002, 1:58 pm

danguyf wrote:There is a *great* interview with the entire cast, plus many of the directors and writers and producers involved. The organization that owns the rights wants $20k apparently, though, which is painfully steep.
Which organization is that? Maybe if 5000 disgruntled fans had their phone number they could be "persuaded" to give a sizeable discount on the rights to that interview. :twisted:
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

danguyf
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

good people

Post by danguyf » Aug 28th 2002, 4:18 pm

Which organization is that? Maybe if 5000 disgruntled fans had their phone number they could be "persuaded" to give a sizeable discount on the rights to that interview.
It's the Museum of Television & Radio (http://www.mtr.org/), actually, and they're Good people. They have a branch in NYC and one in Beverly Hills. I've been to the latter once, and it was enough of a joy for me to pledge my undying devotion to the place. ^_^ (Seriously, if you ever have the chance go there. In addition to special screenings, you can go through their archives to pull up episodes of TV shows and then watch them at will. It's intensely great.)

They legitimately need money so that they can continue to Carry On The Good Work, which is why I hesitate to subject them to you lot. ^_^

That being said, they may very well not realize that this is a fan-driven thing with a very small print run. It's possible that whomever quoted the $20k price tag was just doing so out of rote, and perhaps some other arrangements could be made in our case.

I'm still hoping so.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Aug 28th 2002, 4:20 pm

I concur that the Museum is a bunch of good folks.

(maybe now they i complemented them, we can get a discount. j/k)

jason

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Aug 28th 2002, 5:14 pm

danguyf wrote:That being said, they may very well not realize that this is a fan-driven thing with a very small print run. It's possible that whomever quoted the $20k price tag was just doing so out of rote, and perhaps some other arrangements could be made in our case.
Maybe it's time for a new petition... *grin* :D