BMG Press Release

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

BMG Press Release

Post by dTheater » Apr 15th 2002, 1:22 am

So whatever happened to it?

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: BMG Press Release

Post by Jason R » Apr 15th 2002, 10:42 am

When BMG's business affairs clears it, I will be the first to post it. Nobody wants this document more than I do. I'm going to wallpaper my office with xeroxes of it. Hoping this week. They were paid already, so they should clear it.

BTW, time for my music industry rant here:

The reason that the labels cannot keep up with the p2p music services is not because they cannot afford the technology. It's because everything has to go through business affairs at each respective company. Imagine the bottleneck when you are dealing with hundreds of thousands of songs. Meanwhile, the unauthorized services can just bypass the business affairs process.

Post by Guest » Apr 19th 2002, 12:45 pm

any news on the press release or the snail mail confirmation?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 19th 2002, 1:47 pm

Oui. (Notice how close this is to Oy!)

Only 1/2 of people who received the accept/cancel email responded. This does not mean that they ignored it. I think it probably got filtered. I've pretty much found out that many hotmail people had it filtered.

So, how is this going to be remedied:
1) I am becoming a point man for confirming order status. AU is sending me a master list of all order numbers and whether they are confirmed or not.

I will enlist the aid of MSCL.com to contact those people who have not responded, and I will also send a confirmation email to those who have responded.

Once a decent number of people reply to the approve/cancel email, AU will send out the confirmations en masse.

Understand that next week I expect to be deluged with emails. I will still reply to everyone, but the delay might be a bit longer than usual. If a ton of people ask the same question, I will do what I have done in the past, and send a mass mail to those people. It is impersonal and all, but it saves hours.

As for the BMG Press release, we are waiting for them to approve it. This is taking long (but having been there myself, not a shock). I am tempted to give out their number so some enterprising young turks can call them to see that this is very much in the works. :-)

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Colene » Apr 19th 2002, 5:36 pm

Ah good..I still hadn't received any e mails! damn yahoo mail...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 19th 2002, 7:17 pm

Hotmail = Garbage
Yahoo = Garbage
Netscape Mail = Manure

I love how all of these "services" hook you up with like 60 spams a day, even when you choose a random address like sdflksdjfhsdfhk@hotmail.com. Then, they filter out the real emails. Really unbelievable. Of course, I willingly PAY $ for AOL's lame service, so I should not complain.

In any case, what I hope to get from AU is the master list of orders as of today. That way I can put up a database, and you can type in your email or order number and check on the status of your order. That way, if you didn't get the email, I can give you instructions to complete it.