Oh do I have Good News!!! (DVD UPDATE)!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
mglenn
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Oh do I have Good News!!! (DVD UPDATE)!

Post by mglenn » Feb 5th 2002, 3:28 pm

Well folks, its your friendly neighborhood Project Manager here at MSCL.COM and do I have good news for you. I can report that sources have informed me that a deal has been struck with BMG by anotheruniverse.com to produce the DVD Boxed Set of My So Called Life. I'm told that anotheruniverse.com should be ready to except pre-orders within the next week or so. There will be two different versions one containing all 19 episodes and one that will contain 4-19, for those that already have the first dvd from BMG and don't want to repurchase it. It will be region 0 and shippable anywhere on the globe. This is an exclusive deal so the boxed set will not be availible anywhere else. I'll fill you in with more details as I get them. I told you we'd get this to happen, and it looks like we are finally there!!!

Mike Glenn
Project Manager for MSCL.COM

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Oh do I have Good News!!! (DVD UPDATE)!

Post by K-man » Feb 5th 2002, 4:06 pm

I'm speechless!!! I'm holding my breath!!! Way to go Mike! Way to go Jason! This is too good to be true!!! Are we finally at the finish line????? Keep your fingers crossed!!! I think I hear the Hallelujah chorus playing in the background.

k-man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

It's Miller Time. :-)

Post by Jason R » Feb 5th 2002, 7:28 pm

I'll have all sorts of information this week, possibly as early as tomorrow. I think you'll be happy with what you hear. You should be able to reserve a copy as early as this week. :-)

Jason

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 6th 2002, 4:29 am

It must be fate that I recently broke out my tapes of the MSCL marathon from MTV and reminded myself of why I love this show so much. This has to be the best news ever, Mike and Jason, and I can't wait to hear more details. I'm sure you'll give them to us as soon as we have them. I am crossing my fingers that in addition to the boxed set that we are going to get extras, interviews, outtakes and all that fun stuff. And hopefully it won't take anotheruniverse.com too long to turn out the product. I don't have a DVD player and have been watching the few DVDs I have on my computer, but once this boxed set is ready to ship, you can be sure I'll be getting myself a player so I can enjoy these episodes in style. It's too bad we all don't live close to one another because then we could have a big DVD party. Well, we could at least organize a virtual viewing with episode discussion when the sets finally ship. Woohoo!

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Online Release Party?

Post by Jason R » Feb 6th 2002, 11:21 am

When the thing is ready to ship, I think we should plan some online event at some time when the most people could log on. I don't know where to do it yet, but maybe a chatroom with some streaming video or something. There are companies that do things like this.

Lauria
Nicky Driscoll

Ohmigosh!

Post by Lauria » Feb 6th 2002, 1:59 pm

Ohmygod ohmygod OH MY GOD! I am jumping up and down and doing the happy happy joy joy dance! AHHHHHH! Great job folks, particularly Mike and Jason and anyone else involved! This is great! And the idea about an online party would be fantastic. Wouldn't miss it for anything! Thanks so much for working hard on this for so long! All this excitement from me and I don't even have a DVD player!!!!!
=) L

Joanna
Angela's best friend

Re: Ohmigosh!

Post by Joanna » Feb 6th 2002, 8:19 pm

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh! What else is there to say??? "Out of darkness, hope is born"!!

"And dance by the light of the moon!"

worldsapart
Between Names

Hallelujah!!

Post by worldsapart » Feb 7th 2002, 1:50 am

HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!

I mock you with my monkey pants

NIGHTJESSI
Angelica

Re: Online Release Party?

Post by NIGHTJESSI » Feb 7th 2002, 4:40 am

Jason, I love the idea of an online release party, so hopefully everything with the boxed set will be solidified soon. Then we can plan the party of a lifetime.

"When you drink from the cup of life, chug." ~ Citibank billboard

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Ohmigosh!

Post by dTheater » Feb 8th 2002, 12:55 am

I'm a pessimistic realist, so I don't want to get my hopes up. However, if this does happen; you guys seriously rule and thanks truly for all ther work you put into it.

Any word on possible extras? Also, will these discs be any diferent from the one BMG released? If it's possible that the transfer could be a little better, then I'd definitely get the first 3 again. Or whatever other differences there might be.

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

oldguy
Substitute Teacher

Post by oldguy » Feb 8th 2002, 5:46 pm

Mglenn --- I sure hope you are right. If true, it would be the greatest achievement of MSCL.com... very impressive.

Colene
Overlooked Sibling

DVD & Extras!!

Post by Colene » Feb 9th 2002, 5:53 am

I am SO SO excited about the DVD!!! YAY!!! It's about time eh? Just goes to show what you can do if you just put in the effort!!

I'm excited about the extras too! It would be really cool to see some special features...like outtakes (if they still have those lying around somewhere)!

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Re: DVD & Extras!!

Post by dTheater » Feb 9th 2002, 5:50 pm

I can't believe they're have extras. Even if it's just some old commercials, it would be cool. i wonder what they'll be? How exciting.

- jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com/

somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Questions about Pre-Order

Post by somamoons » Feb 9th 2002, 11:23 pm

I placed my pre-order, and it said to enter Coupon Code: MSCL for free shipping. I did this and updated my cart, and a little red sentence came up that said "you are entitled to free shipping" or something like that. But when I continued with the purchase, it charged me shipping anyway. I went ahead and paid the $28 total (I would have paid it anyway!!!) but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.

somamoons
Overlooked Sibling

Post by somamoons » Feb 9th 2002, 11:24 pm

Same here nightjess! I recently broke out my tapes as well, for no reason. It must have been intuition! :)