Bonus Discs don't exist. Lunchbox is still in Hong Kong...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Bonus Discs don't exist. Lunchbox is still in Hong Kong...

Post by Jason R » May 31st 2003, 10:04 pm

. . . and Ross Rojek is still a thief. No news there.

A few days ago I asked Ross for a response regarding the status of the bonus disc. I told him that lack of a response indicated that there is no bonus disc.

I know he has my email address, and I know he received my email to him (I only use delivery confirmation through sentthere.com to when I write to him).

When he did respond to me via email (for a thread I posted to on MSCL.com. . . so he does read this site. Pretty pathetic, hu?), he once again tried to blame GWhiz for the lunchboxes not being in his hands. (As if it doesn't play into his scheme perfectly --to be able to blame someone else for his nondelivery).

I can only deduce that the bonus discs do not exist, as he has not responded to repeated questions about it. Here was my last email to him (to put it in context, it was the last of a series of emails in which he conveniently forgot to answer the main question):

I am going to be a really nice guy and give you until this evening to tell me the status of the disc. I may even lend a hand with G-Whiz and perhaps help keep your sorry ass out of jail. The point of this last email is this: You owe thousands of customers their products and money. I have promised to make sure that you pay one way or another. I really have no preference as to whether you pay in money or in your freedom. Quite frankly, I’d rather customers get their stuff so they can forget that you exist.

Again, your choice.
Jason Rosenfeld

Regarding a potential customer lawsuit, I believe that we should look at it not from the perpective of how much money we can collect from this dickhead, but rather how much damage we can do to what remains of his company.

I believe that a way to shine a most unwelcome light on Ross and his practices and to force either refunds or bankruptcy is to instigate a pro se class action suit, similar to what the Creed fans recently did (they sued for $2 Million. It certainly would be newsworthy in the comics industry, at the very least.

Also, I'm going to be in the Sacramento vicinity in July, so maybe I can bring my MiniDV cam and film a Michael Moore-esque documentary about AU.com. Ross and Me. heh.

Jason

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Jun 1st 2003, 1:48 am

In my opinion, it would be very foolish to actually attempt to bring such a "pro se class action suit". The reasons are multitude, but the biggest caveat is that each participant must be aware of the possibility of paying fees and costs should things not go the way you plan. Happens every day, unfortunately. Such fees and costs would be in excess of 1o0k, easy. Such a risk is warranted when for example people have died, etc. (tobacco). It just is not warranted here. Too much downside. Particularly just to make a point.

Again, the remedies are to pursue it through the Attorney General's Office, your Credit Card Company, or to just learn the lesson to only deal with reputable companies in the future, despite what you are told.

Just MO, of course.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jun 1st 2003, 11:16 am

some things never change

the day people get their lunchboxes or bonus dvd is the day that fandango finally decides to update the tired old advertisement that is played before every movie I see. "you gonna let me into the picture..... aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I cannot hear this one more time!!!!"

jason, with some minor revisions, I think mephisto has a movie trailer that would go very nice with "ross and me" Although rather than a documentary, many of us would rather you go with something of a more 'jackass' flavor. perhaps you could get the reaction on film of ross when he finds out you superglued the letters "M", "S", "C" and "L" on all his keyboards. which wasn't so bad until he figured out later in the day that you also arranged for a delivery of 3 tons of farm fresh californian organically grown cow manure to his warehouse and jammed all the doors shut on your way out.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 2nd 2003, 5:35 am

pgh kenny wrote: the day people get their lunchboxes or bonus dvd is the day that fandango finally decides to update the tired old advertisement that is played before every movie I see. "you gonna let me into the picture..... aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I cannot hear this one more time!!!!"
For those in the Chicago area:

'588 2300 EMPIRE!'. Boy, if I'm ever in Chicago and need carpets, I'll know what number to call. I think they've been running that jingle for about 20 years...

I don't think a lawsuit is the answer (morally, of course, it should be, but practically I don't think so in this case). Putting Ross out of business totally and making it so that everyone in his industry won't trust him as far as they can chew up him and spit him out will be enough satisfaction for me. But then I've got my money back (via credit card I hasten to add).

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 2nd 2003, 10:49 am

starbug wrote:
pgh kenny wrote: the day people get their lunchboxes or bonus dvd is the day that fandango finally decides to update the tired old advertisement that is played before every movie I see. "you gonna let me into the picture..... aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I cannot hear this one more time!!!!"
For those in the Chicago area:

'588 2300 EMPIRE!'. Boy, if I'm ever in Chicago and need carpets, I'll know what number to call. I think they've been running that jingle for about 20 years...

I don't think a lawsuit is the answer (morally, of course, it should be, but practically I don't think so in this case). Putting Ross out of business totally and making it so that everyone in his industry won't trust him as far as they can chew up him and spit him out will be enough satisfaction for me. But then I've got my money back (via credit card I hasten to add).
For those in Cincinnati:

'347-1111' For those looking for Pizza there is La Rosas.

Question is what else is there? Everything else has been tried...and failed. What is there to do?

Should seem pretty obvious that the bonus disk is never coming, the lunchbox is not coming.

For those who want to take the risk, a lawsuit maybe the best option.

Best,

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 2nd 2003, 1:33 pm

starbug wrote:For those in the Chicago area:

Um, AT LEAST 20 years because I remember that commercial from when I was a little kid - my sister and I still sing it sometimes!

:D
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Jun 3rd 2003, 7:12 am

candygirl wrote:
starbug wrote:For those in the Chicago area:

Um, AT LEAST 20 years because I remember that commercial from when I was a little kid - my sister and I still sing it sometimes!

:D
Do you remember the little cartoon thing too? I've got a vision of a cartoon chap unrolling a carpet with a flourish. :D

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Jun 3rd 2003, 1:51 pm

I mostly remember the real guy (reddish hair, glasses, flannel shirt) walking through the warehouse - either I blocked out the cartoon guy or that was the high tech stuff that they came up with after I moved!

:wink:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?