what should I do right now? please help

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
RiloKileyFan
Tino

what should I do right now? please help

Post by RiloKileyFan » May 4th 2003, 6:40 pm

Hello everyone-
The frequency of my visits to this forum have decreased over time...as the passage of time fades my passion to fight for the $230 AU stole from me...seems last I had checked money was to have been refunded by the end of April...I have received nothing...anyway I wondered if someone might enlighten me what the best course of action is at this time. I realize some may frown on me for not sifting through the posts, but I find difficulty in making sense of what to do and nearly develop an ulcer in the process (as I am sure we all do). Argh. Anyway if anyone could clue me in on the best route- phone numbers and e-mail addresses to use...I would appreciate it. Thanks very much. I can hardly remember what I have done in my quest for a refund...I did request the form as soon as I got that email several months ago...but nothing came of it...the fact that all of this can happen to so many people and nothing is done by "higher powers" continues to baffle me. Thanks again and thanks to those who keep up the constant fight.

Christopher

Flagg
Tino

Keep trying...

Post by Flagg » May 5th 2003, 10:36 am

It looks like at this point the only way anybody is getting refunds from AU is via their snail-mail refund form.

I sent in the email request, and it took a couple months to get the refund form in the mail. I promptly sent it back and in a month or 2 I finally got a check from AU.

So I would recommend that you keep hounding AU for the refund form to be mailed to you, then fill it out and send it in. You might get lucky.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Keep trying...

Post by lance » May 5th 2003, 11:31 am

Flagg wrote:It looks like at this point the only way anybody is getting refunds from AU is via their snail-mail refund form.

I sent in the email request, and it took a couple months to get the refund form in the mail. I promptly sent it back and in a month or 2 I finally got a check from AU.

So I would recommend that you keep hounding AU for the refund form to be mailed to you, then fill it out and send it in. You might get lucky.
Yeah,

This appears to be the consensus at the moment. Keep after AU for your refund and inform your local law enforcement authorities of your situation.

Best,

Lance Man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 5th 2003, 12:47 pm

Please report the problem to IFCCFBI.GOV

also, let AU know you are doing this. it will be very stupid of them to ignore you.

lele8181
Tino

Post by lele8181 » May 27th 2003, 3:43 pm

Jason R wrote:Please report the problem to IFCCFBI.GOV

also, let AU know you are doing this. it will be very stupid of them to ignore you.
I filed a complaint with them and although an investigation was opened, nothing came of it. The attorney sent a letter and called Ross several times but of course received no response. So she said there's basically nothing that they can do. Also my credit card company won't refund the money because it's past the 60 day dispute period. I filled out the form I received through snail mail in April & I haven't received anything yet. This is so ridiculous.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 27th 2003, 5:56 pm

lele8181 wrote: The attorney sent a letter and called Ross several times but of course received no response. So she said there's basically nothing that they can do.
You have got to be kidding me. Isn't the fact that he didn't respond to anything a slight indicator that there just may be something illegal going on here?

Unbelievable. This is why nothing ever gets done correctly in this country. I am resigned to the fact that RR will be a free man for the rest of my life.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » May 27th 2003, 7:13 pm

IFCC complaints go to the FBI. I don't think that the AG gets involved immediately with those kinds of complaints.

I can only strongly hint that your reports to IFCC make a difference. There is tons of s**t on the guy. The real issue for a trier of fact is:

"Was there intent to defraud or is Ross Rojek:
1) The worst communicator in the world.
2) The worst businessman in the world.
3) A total dickhead."

It is true that being a huge dickhead is not necessarily illegal, however, I URGE you to report your complaints to the IFCC. Unfortunately, things don't move as quickly as we would like and we cannot always report all that we would like to report.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » May 28th 2003, 4:39 pm

Should be file simply because he is not providing the Bonus disk ???

I go my refund for the double-charge I had ( which was a double charge on the initial bill and unrelated with the later double-charges ) ,and have the DVDs.

Is just not getting the Bonus disk sufficient ???

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » May 28th 2003, 4:56 pm

MartinPierre wrote:Should be file simply because he is not providing the Bonus disk ??? Is just not getting the Bonus disk sufficient ???
Have you gotten what you paid for? No? So he took money for something and did not send the product.

Sounds simple enough to me.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » May 28th 2003, 5:26 pm

MartinPierre wrote: Is just not getting the Bonus disk sufficient ???
Yes that alone is enough. He has not fulfilled his obligation. He advertised (and still does) a bonus disk with the set, at a substantial mark up for that item (and the lunchbox for some).