Partial Credit Card Dispute?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
trustella
Nicky Driscoll

Partial Credit Card Dispute?

Post by trustella » Apr 22nd 2003, 8:11 pm

I received my boxset, but I'm doubting that I will ever get the lunchbox and bonus stuff. Does anyone think it would be possible to do a partial credit card dispute for a charge over a year old now?

I figure I could dispute about half of the $100 b/c that's the difference between buying from AU versus DeepDiscountDVD.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Apr 23rd 2003, 10:33 am

I think this is a very valid point. If AU does not intend to deliver the whole product, esp. the items which would have enhanced the collectibility of the product, they should issue a refund to all customers.

A couple of us have been discussing things that could be done. You see, I don't think AU has the money to refund customers, and if customers sued, I don't know if they would have the ability to pay.

It seems to me that it would be cheaper to deliver what was promised than to have to put a retail value on those items and refund the cash. But then again, we are not talking about people with logic here.

trustella
Nicky Driscoll

some progress with partial dispute

Post by trustella » Jun 27th 2003, 9:14 pm

I had ordered 2 boxsets through AnotherUniverse. About 3 weeks ago, I faxed a 5-page letter and 50+ pages of documentation to my credit card company. I asked for:
- refund for the boxset I cancelled
- partial chargeback for the boxset I kept

Today, my credit card company has posted a temporary credit for the refund and the partial chargeback! For the partial chargeback, I asked for the difference between what AnotherUniverse was currently charging ($115) and the lowest going rate for just the boxset ($45.78 on DeepDiscountDVD). That was what I estimated the special bonus stuff was worth.

I know I won't get the bonus disk or the lunchbox if they ever do appear, but I'm glad that my credit card company was able to take action. We'll see if it holds <fingers crossed>.