Refund Update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Refund Update

Post by Jason R » Apr 11th 2003, 2:47 pm

I forwarded an additional 182 email addresses to AU, and I also probably have about 2 dozen more since then.

Ross wrote that there are 50 more people who responded who are still waiting for refunds. 108 people received refunds according to the list I received today. I will email each person to make sure the check was received and that it cleared.

He said that in addition to the 182 email addresses I sent to AU, they also emailed an additional 160 people who have not responded yet.

I have about 1200 emails of people who claimed to have been overcharged, or who cancelled an order but did not receive a refund. You'll note that there is some discrepency between the total number of people contacted and the number of people who initially reported problems.

Some likely reasons:

1) Some were given refunds by their credit cards. (As many as 27-30%)

2) The others, which still might total several hundred people, might have given up, changed email addresses, gotten refunds but don't respond to surveys, etc.

In other words, there may be no way for those people to see refunds. They are, in effect, Ross's "reward" for not giving refunds for overcharges or cancellations for so long.

I cannot eliminate this "reward" but I will work to make sure that it is as small as possible.

Jason