april fool's

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

april fool's

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Apr 1st 2003, 1:31 pm

Did anyone read the announcement in the other forum about the rerelease of the "true MSCL experience" by Buena Vista?

I'm totally choked...the only reason I stuck with AU for so long was the hopes of the bonus disc. Now they're putting out a new box set with all these special features, new interviews with the cast, audio commentary, and we get to find out what was planned originally for Season 2?????

Sorry, I have to vent, I'm a little pissed that to get all these features I'll have to buy another set of MSCL. Granted, I didn't have to deal with all the double billing issues that lots of people on this forum have, and we probably wouldn't be getting all these nifty features if AU hadn't put out the dvd set in the first place.....but man, we fans got screwed. :x
Last edited by hurtstolookatyou on Apr 1st 2003, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cool rider
Liberty High Student

Post by cool rider » Apr 1st 2003, 1:42 pm

Hey go check out the link that is provided at the bottom of announcement. I think that will decrease your anger.
"You wish it, I dish it, I thought we were clear on this. I didn't think you were gonna go all narc on me."

hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Apr 1st 2003, 1:47 pm

aaahhhh...dammit. that wasn't a nice joke :P.

hmph you got me :lol:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Apr 1st 2003, 1:52 pm

I was totally speechless!

:twisted: <-------Sascha!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 1st 2003, 3:09 pm

tell me about it, when I saw it this morning I wasn't getting more and more pissed that I went through all this bullsh!t with AU (and stil ahvent gotten all my money back). To have them release another one.

Then I went to the link.... damn you sascha! You evil man you!

I was going to post there earlier, but didnt want to ruin the joke for everyone else lol.

cruel.

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 1st 2003, 4:31 pm

I've never felt so cheated, used, and had. :twisted:

Too funny :!: :P
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 1st 2003, 4:42 pm

fnordboy wrote:I was going to post there earlier, but didnt want to ruin the joke for everyone else lol.

cruel.
Woops. I did. Crap. I ruined the joke. :cry:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Apr 1st 2003, 5:54 pm

That was evil. Devilish. Mischievous. Devious.

Brilliant too. :D

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 1st 2003, 6:26 pm

GaryEA wrote:That was evil. Devilish. Mischievous. Devious.

Brilliant too. :D

Gary
exactly.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Apr 1st 2003, 6:28 pm

Megs wrote:
fnordboy wrote:I was going to post there earlier, but didnt want to ruin the joke for everyone else lol.

cruel.
Did you delete it? I don't see a post there. :?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Apr 1st 2003, 8:05 pm

fnordboy wrote:
Megs wrote:

cruel.
Did you delete it? I don't see a post there. :?
Yeah. :oops:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

TomSpeed
Marshall Wannabe

Post by TomSpeed » Apr 1st 2003, 8:53 pm

I would gladly paid much more $ for that SE. Are there any reliable numbers on how many bare bones box sets have been sold? If the numbers are good and there any extras to be released, there could be a reissue with some goodies. Of course, there are many reasons why a reissue probably won't happen. The series only lasted one year. It aired a long time ago. The actors, writers, producers, etc., have moved on to other projects. And if the first issue didn't sell that well, there probably isn't much $ to be made. I still see many copies at the nearby Best Buy. Either the sets sold like hotcakes and have been restocked or they didn't sell that well. One store probably isn't a good barometer, but I know I can't find a lot of hot sellers there and have to buy them online.
TomSpeed

Patty: If Rayanne's not seeing you, and we're not seeing you, who is seeing you?
Graham: And how much of you?
Angela: Dad!
Graham: Oh, I'm sorry! I asked a question about your life, didn't I? Woah, what came over me?
http://www.last.fm/user/TomSpeed/

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Apr 2nd 2003, 7:00 am

Sorry to fool you all in such a cruel way, but I couldn't resist :-) Trust me, I don't do this often :-) Last year, Jason fooled us (the MSCL.com team) with a shocking email about producing the DVD set himself - to save some money on the authoring, he told us he wanted to change the initial plan in favor of creating VCDs instead of DVDs. He told us about some great VCD authoring software he had on his computer, so he could do all of the authoring himself. Of course, the price for the VCD set would have to increase to about 140$ ... I remember that my heart missed more than a beat when I read it :shock:

I just wished the following 12 months would have been an april fools joke too and not sad reality :-(

BTW: Check out the new "Shrinter" by ThingGeek ;-)