Better Business Bureau.... what is it they do again?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Tapp_Darden
Nicky Driscoll

Better Business Bureau.... what is it they do again?

Post by Tapp_Darden » Mar 21st 2003, 1:12 am

I just got a letter back from the Better Business Bureau. Apearently the Address I Gave them for AU was wroung.(bounced back) so the closed the case.....

Did they not notice the three or four OTHER address they have for the same company? could they not have checked the website. I mean what? I was sure I picked the address that is posted on AUs website....

I guess I'm just upset because it took them months to figure out they have the wroung address and to tell me about it. now I will have to do it all over again.....

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 21st 2003, 1:32 am

The BBB is not an enforcement agency - businesses can register with them and customers can log complaints, but it is my understanding that they do not have the power to do anything besides arbitrate, a service that they provide so that businesses can settle customer disputes "without the need to engage attorneys or the legal system." I can say that I, personally, am not interested in pursuing any avenue of mediation that does not include a legal decision. Ross has already avoided paying Howard, despite a court order, so what will we achieve if the BBB tells Ross he owes us lunchboxes, bonus discs, t-shirts, gift certificates, and refunds? Nothing. I am not saying that legal action will guarantee anything either, but it seems a more solid route.

In addition, "a consumer may seek to have a decision made as to whether the participating company has complied with its Company Advertising Pledge. If a decision includes a finding that the company failed to comply with its pledge, the decision may recommend that the advertising or marketing materials that are the subject of the complaint be modified or discontinued. Final decisions of the BBB APP are publicly reported." Again, I don't believe that this will affect Ross or AU. Ross can claim that it isn't his company anymore and the "new" AU can claim that all the shenanigans took place before they took over.

I am not trying to discourage AU customers from complaining, but I don't think you should expect too much from the BBB. Definitely file a complaint since it won't take too long (heck, just cut and paste the same complaint over and over to different agencies), but I think it will be more fruitful to complain to organizations like the FBI and IFCC.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Mar 21st 2003, 1:50 am

Take it to the IFCC and let them forward to the FBI. That's what happened in this situation.

Tapp_Darden
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tapp_Darden » Mar 21st 2003, 3:20 am

OH, I already sent in my complients to all of the aginces. and I did not expect any resolution. Point is the BBB of Sacramento, CA(were AU is located) could not find AU...

I just wanted to spread the word a bit more. People do go to the BBB to check out a company in question.... but only if BBB can find the company...