Lunchbox Update. (with comment about bonus disc at the end)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Lunchbox Update. (with comment about bonus disc at the end)

Post by Jason R » Mar 13th 2003, 10:15 pm

Kind of embarassing to have to be the one to give the update, when I now have nothing to do with AU.com except my obvious disdain for the company and its owner, as well as my equal desire to see him brought to justice.

I called GWhiz, the manufacturer.

The lunchboxes are still in Hong Kong. Here is the deal:

1) When I reported that AU had been paid in full, they had actually been paid only partly in full. They received partial payment in October, and the remainder in November.

2) By this time, as they warned in their own messages on this forum, the tin had been placed in storage.

3) When they got it out of storage, 50% of the tin had been scratched and had to be redone. There were some problems with handles, but this was not a huge problem, and it was fixed on the affected boxes.

4) They said, though, that due to the very late payment, and the fact that the tin went to storage due to late payment, it added delays that would not have occurred if Ross paid them on time.

So, still several weeks until they can get it on a boat. Two weeks in transit to the US after that. After that, as long as Ross takes to get the lunchboxes to you. God knows how long that will be.

Bonus disc? I have no clue if it even exists.

I will do some sleuthing next week to find out. Just have to get a major project out of the way. New surveys will go out as well.

I appreciate that people have not been "shooting the messenger" as I am not getting this information from AU. I am going around them solely as a result of the complete lack of information from them and their utter disregard for their customers.

Best
Jason

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 13th 2003, 10:36 pm

Jason,

Thanks for the info. This is just....amazing...that is all I can come up with. I am sure it is not what we all wanted to hear but atleast it is something.

I wonder if they will come (if ever) before the one year mark of my original order. <sigh>

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Mar 13th 2003, 11:07 pm

Well they already passed the one year anniversary of receiving my order and taking my money so maybe they are aiming for one year after they began shipping the DVDs.

:evil:
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Mar 14th 2003, 10:05 am

candygirl wrote:Well they already passed the one year anniversary of receiving my order and taking my money so maybe they are aiming for one year after they began shipping the DVDs.

:evil:
Ditto. This is insanely ridiculous.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Lunchbox Update. (with comment about bonus disc at the

Post by Jim » Mar 14th 2003, 11:10 am

jason wrote:1) When I reported that AU had been paid in full, they had actually been paid only partly in full. They received partial payment in October, and the remainder in November.
Jason,

I assume you meant to say "When I reported that GWhiz had been paid in full..."

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Lunchbox Update. (with comment about bonus disc at the

Post by Jason R » Mar 14th 2003, 12:55 pm

that's what i meant. AU was paid twice, if you want to be technical about it.
Jim wrote:
jason wrote:1) When I reported that AU had been paid in full, they had actually been paid only partly in full. They received partial payment in October, and the remainder in November.
Jason,

I assume you meant to say "When I reported that GWhiz had been paid in full..."

Jim

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Mar 16th 2003, 2:22 am

Now I don't know what to think.

I was under the impression that GWhiz was one of the few that was actually paid up front, and that any delay was due to a change in handles for the boxes. Honestly, if I'm wrong on this, just tell me. It's starting to become hazy.

So where - he asks for the billionth time - does the bonus disc stand? I'm glad to hear that the boxes are moving, are at least getting the dust blown off, but the total lack of progress on the bonus disc is chilling.

I've never been so interested in a DVD that I'll never get when it's released. Bizarre... :?

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 16th 2003, 2:41 am

GaryEA wrote:I've never been so interested in a DVD that I'll never get when it's released. Bizarre... :?
oh there are ways....

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Mar 16th 2003, 3:07 am

Don't you sleep? :P
oh there are ways....
No comment... and LOL!

Gary

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Mar 16th 2003, 5:16 am

GaryEA wrote:Don't you sleep? :P
::looks at computer clock:::: ... :shock: 4:15am

damn, I guess I don't sleep. Was up all night playing Literati on yahoo games :)

Oh yeah, this is going off topic... ummm.. lunchboxes, yeah.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

lunchboxes

Post by lance » Mar 16th 2003, 3:01 pm

Jason,

Thanks again for scouting out information for us. I guess the good news is that the lunchboxes are getting made. The bad news is that fans will get them...eventually.

Fnordboy sleeps? :wink: When did that happen? Why was I not informed? Was there a memo?

Best,

Lance Man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Mar 18th 2003, 9:07 am

Oh, I don't believe for a second that AU will ever ship them. I don't think they have the money to do it. I think that they will be completed by GWhiz, and they will sit around. I don't believe that AU can even afford the postage to ship them out to everybody.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Mar 19th 2003, 4:58 am

How's the usual business of AU going? Everything besides the MSCL-project?
----------------
Make it count.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Mar 19th 2003, 10:47 am

That last update e-mail claimed that American Entertainment Group was going to take over the running of the AU website, yet I see no mention of AEG on the site itself. Not that it would matter, since AEG is little more than a new paint job on the same old rotting house of cards...

:?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Mar 19th 2003, 11:32 pm

Is Dan Fawlkes still around? He's the only one with a copy of his Winnie Holzman, Herskovitz & Zwick interviews.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)