Update from AU (sort of)

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
richard
Liberty High Student

Update from AU (sort of)

Post by richard » Feb 26th 2003, 7:46 pm

Hello

Today I sent the following to AU customer service:
Hi

Please could you update me on the status of the MSCL bonus disk and packaging
To which I recieved the following reply:
The lunchbox and bonus disc did not arrive in time to be shipped with the set itself. The decision was made not to hold on to the sets but to get
them out to the customers as quickly as we could and send the additional items in a separate shipment. At that time we were told we would have them in December, but we have not received them. Last information we received was the ship was in route to the states. Once unloaded it will be trucked to
our warehouse so we can ship out. As soon as we are 100% certain a release
date we will announce that date.

Customer Service
Another Universe
To which I replied

please could you arrange to distribute 'UPDATES' at least once a month, to all people who are awaiting their items, this is usually considered
standard customer 'SERVICE' and would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Richard
from which I recieved the following reply:

I have forwarded your suggestion to the ones that make those decisions.

Customer Service
Another Universe
All within the space of half an hour - I was shocked, they rarely reply at all, let alone that quickly!

Richard

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Re: Update from AU (sort of)

Post by andrewgd » Feb 26th 2003, 8:52 pm

richard wrote:
The lunchbox and bonus disc did not arrive in time to be shipped with the set itself. The decision was made not to hold on to the sets but to get
them out to the customers as quickly as we could and send the additional items in a separate shipment. At that time we were told we would have them in December, but we have not received them. Last information we received was the ship was in route to the states. Once unloaded it will be trucked to
our warehouse so we can ship out. As soon as we are 100% certain a release
date we will announce that date.

Customer Service
Another Universe
Yup, that's the same form response I got:
As you know the lunchbox and bonus disc did not arrive in time to be shipped with the set itself. The decision was made not to hold on to the sets but to get them out to the customers as quickly as we could and send the additional items in a separate shipment. At that time we were told we would have them in December, but we have not received them. Last information we received was the ship was in route to the states. Once unloaded it will be trucked to our warehouse so we can ship out. As soon as we are 100% certain a release date we will announce that date.

Customer Service
Another Universe
Of course, when I inquired about my refund, I didn't get any response.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Leslie
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Leslie » Feb 27th 2003, 2:53 pm

So is anyone here still in contact with that guy Robert from G-Whiz that made the lunchboxes??? Maybe he could confirm whether or not they have been shipped yet and what the estimated delivery date to AU was???

ingramje
Nicky Driscoll

Post by ingramje » Feb 27th 2003, 6:03 pm

I received the SAME response on January the 9th @ 3:33pm when I checked on the status of mine. Sound like a general response to continue blowing smoke up our a$$e$.

"The lunchbox and bonus disc did not arrive in time to be shipped with the set itself. The decision was made not to hold on to the sets but to get them out to the customers as quickly as we could and send the additional items in a separate shipment. We were last told we would have them in December, but we have not received them or been informed as to when we will be receiving them from the overseas manufacture. As soon as we get the lunchbox and bonus disc we will ship them out to customers.

Customer Service
Another Universe"

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 28th 2003, 12:22 am

I think good to keep in mind (and I apologize if this is painfully obvious that if the response is not signed by a person (whether with a first or full name), then it's either automated, or a cut and paste job.

Richard asked questions that could be answered generally, and they responded with the "easy" answers. It's a shame because it's not really a conversation. Sure the words say something, and they responded quickly, but if everyone else gets the same thing verbatim, or if more pointed questions are ignored (like what happened with andrewgd and many others), the entire exchange loses it's value.

At least someone's manning the computer. I guess that's a plus... :roll:

EDIT: OR NOT.

I just read andrewgd's thread about Wade dishing a lousy "I'm just a customer service rep" line. Lousy. Just lousy.

Gary

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Mar 1st 2003, 10:49 pm

Holy Crud, there are still people who haven't been refunded?! I haven't been to the boards in months. I kinda gave up hope of ever receiving these so-called bonus materials, and I was one of the (un)lucky ones who tried to cancel thru the webpage yet still received a box set. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of trying to return it and get my money back, eventhough I hate the idea of AnotherUniverse getting my money. I even canceled an order w/ DeepDiscountDVD (who I would have rather given my money to) cuz I can't afford 2 sets. Although at the price I paid for this one, I actually could have and then some. I'll consider it a collector's edition when I have the "collector's" part of it. I watched the set once, back in November, and haven't been able to bring myself to deal with it much since, after having been thru all this with the rest of you. I just wanted to distance myself from all of this, like I'm sure many want to or maybe even have. Just seeing the box set in every store I go to (Suncoast, Circuit City, Best Buy, Borders, Barnes & Noble, it's friggin' everywhere) is rather depressing. Ah, exclusitivity, eh? Silly silly me to think that they'd actually have refunded everyone by now, over a year after a lot of us first ordered. It's depressing still.

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."