More data, as promised. And a call for 2 more months?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Feb 15th 2003, 10:08 pm

posting names or order numbers was a bad idea... i'm glad they are gone.

there are only two people with my first and last name (my dad and me), and the last thing i need is some potential employer doing a background check digging around google and figuring out I am a mscl nut case.

jason: it's been more than a year dude. the best thing you could do is just apologize for the deal with cwceo not working out and move on.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 15th 2003, 10:59 pm

:P . people want data... people don't want data. first names only, order numbers only..."no first name because my first name can only be me".... "i don't want my order number on a list of overcharged customers"....they want off the email list, they want on the email list.

pgh, i'd moved on anyway. because, honestly, I would have been out of business if i didn't, but i wanted to see people get their money back. now is probably a good time to give up entirely. it's hard for me to care when nobody else seems to care about it. ross won. crime does, indeed, pay. the best thing that we can take from this is that next time i won't deal with crooks and you won't buy from them.

It's a lot of money, but it's like petty theft x 1200 people. It's not enough for the individuals to care --other than the fact that they are pissed about being robbed and lied to. it was actually a genius move.

i'll check back in two months to see if anyone actually receives these promised refunds. (referring to the fact that he told me that everyone would have their money within two months).

in the meantime, i'd like to think that the long arm of the the law will catch up with AU.com. perhaps it just works at its own pace.

jason

Tapp_Darden
Nicky Driscoll

well crap

Post by Tapp_Darden » Feb 18th 2003, 4:16 pm

this is what Ross wants. for us to just give up.

Has anybody recieved any refunds after that mass email went out?
AU said they would be refunding people every week. have they been doing that?

What would posting our names and our order #s do any way?
What else can we do? I would want any potential employer to know about this. the more people who know about this the better.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: well crap

Post by Jason R » Feb 18th 2003, 4:28 pm

Tapp

The reason I posted that data is because emails are routinely being read by 60% of the people I send to (the mass-mailing service tracks those metrics).

I wanted to have a way for people to see if they are on the list. Without addresses or locations, I didn't believe that it was a major issue. However, some pointed out that they had unique names that could only be them.

So I removed the last names and left first names and order numbers.

Some people didn't like their order numbers being posted, so I removed them. Then I got a bunch of emails from people who didn't think they were on the email list asking why I took down the list before they could check for their order number. :P

Maybe I can bring back the ja5onrobot (the customer service Instant Messenger bot that I had up when problems started occuring. Sheesh, there were problems as early as February last year). I just don't know how to have people pull up their information if I can't include any identifiers.

Finally, Ross went on record with me telling me that people would have their refunds within 2 months. He called me out of the blue. I didn't want to talk with him, but I did want this info.

If he doesn't provide refunds by April 6, I will be 100% sure to bring a flood of negative press to his company --the likes of which nobody has ever seen before in the history of fraud reportage.

He knows I will do it. Until then, I'm recharging my batteries, and hoping the schmuck will actually start refunding people's cards before his self-imposed deadline. I may be posting less frequently, but I'll be plugging away after him. It's just that I may have little to report until the deadline since I can't find any data that is OK to post.

Jason

PS: Be sure to read the Commemorative 250th Issue of The Comics Journal this month. It is going to have the highest circulation in years, and it talks about someone we all know, and a DVD project that we all participated in.

Tapp_Darden wrote:this is what Ross wants. for us to just give up.

Has anybody recieved any refunds after that mass email went out?
AU said they would be refunding people every week. have they been doing that?

What would posting our names and our order #s do any way?
What else can we do? I would want any potential employer to know about this. the more people who know about this the better.

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Feb 18th 2003, 7:21 pm

Jason-

Where can we get a copy of "The Comic Journal?"

I'd love one, but I gotta know where I can get one on-line.

:)

Mark

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 18th 2003, 7:34 pm

Not sure. Let me check. (I don't read comics)

I can't see anywhere on their site. Ironically, if AU weren't thieves, they'd be the right kind of place to go. At this time, my best guess is a local comic book shop. At least that's who I am going to contact to order it.

IF people want, I can find out from TCJ about ordering 20 or so copies and sending them out to people who want them (at cost).

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Feb 18th 2003, 11:28 pm

[quote="MarkSWalker"]
Where can we get a copy of "The Comic Journal?"

I'd love one, but I gotta know where I can get one on-line.
[/quote]

Well, most big, "hip" comic stores will carry TCJ, although a lot of smaller, hole-in-the-wall comic shops don't.

http://www.the-master-list.com is a good place to look to find comic shops near you, and some stores will probably do mail order (like maybe Midtown Comics in Manhattan).

Thinking of other mail order/online stores besides AU (though the irony of buying this from them would be kinda sweet), I can remember Westfield Comics (westfieldcomics.com) and Mile High Comics (milehighcomics.com), so you might check them out.

JRjr

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Feb 19th 2003, 12:16 am

http://anotheruniverse.com/store/browse ... cs+journal

It looks like they're a little behind on their Comics Journal. I doubt they'll carry it, but if they do, it would almost be worth it to just try and buy it from them. :)

Oh, and I just want to add my endorsement for Mile High Comics. I'm currently getting my monthly comics mailed to me through them. If you sign up for their mailing list, you'll see that they're constantly running 30%-40% off sales. And they actually respond to emails very quickly and professionally. The mailing list always has some personal items that the owner just feels like writing about, and you can tell he really really loves the medium, and his job. He's definitely not just a crooked businessman like RR is. So that's my endorsement for MileHigh...
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Feb 19th 2003, 10:22 am

andrewgd wrote:http://anotheruniverse.com/store/browse ... cs+journal

It looks like they're a little behind on their Comics Journal. I doubt they'll carry it, but if they do, it would almost be worth it to just try and buy it from them. :)

Oh, and I just want to add my endorsement for Mile High Comics. I'm currently getting my monthly comics mailed to me through them. If you sign up for their mailing list, you'll see that they're constantly running 30%-40% off sales. And they actually respond to emails very quickly and professionally. The mailing list always has some personal items that the owner just feels like writing about, and you can tell he really really loves the medium, and his job. He's definitely not just a crooked businessman like RR is. So that's my endorsement for MileHigh...
Andrewgd,

You are so right on MileHighComics. I encourage everyone to check out their site, even if comics are not your thing. I managed to snag quite a few back issues at real good prices.

Best,

Lance Man

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 19th 2003, 8:56 pm

I know its OT, but another thumbs up for Mile High. Great selection, and they have sales quite often that are worth taking advantage of.

My comic store isn't sure if they're getting the Journal this week as the snow has completely screwed up shipping in some areas. We'll see. I'm hoping a transcript will pop up if I'm out of luck, but I'd like to have the real deal.

Gary

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 23rd 2003, 8:09 pm

Following up...

Did the issue of Comics Journal come out already, or is it supposed to come out this week? Thanks.

Gary

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Feb 24th 2003, 5:05 pm

From Michael Dean, TCJ Editor:

"TCJ can be purchased online by back issue or by subscription at the Fantagraphics Web store (click on Inside Comics and then The Comics Journal), but issue #250 isn't available yet as a back issue. Aside from getting it through a comics shop, the best way to order that issue right now is by calling the toll-free number: 1-800-657-1100. The issue's expensive, though - $12.95 - because it's double-size. "

(Emphasis mine.)

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 24th 2003, 6:26 pm

Thanks Howard!

Gary