AUSUCKS News: V3Media is "frustrated" with AU

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Spartacus
Overlooked Sibling

AUSUCKS News: V3Media is "frustrated" with AU

Post by Spartacus » Feb 3rd 2003, 10:47 am

http://www.anotheruniversesucks.org/mod ... =0&thold=0

Reported Friday, verified Sunday. Sources close to V3Media, a partner of AnotherUniverse.com, admit that the company is "frustrated" with AU as a result of apparent mistatements of the company's financial situation.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Feb 3rd 2003, 12:10 pm

Can't say we didn't warn them.

Well if this does affect the TZ sets then we can probably kiss any chance of seeing our overcharge and refund money goodbye. If Ross was *really* going to pay back our money this would be the cow he would be pulling it from, we all know AU has nothing else.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 3rd 2003, 5:27 pm

Wow. How surprising. If they did any research they would have known that anybody that does business with AU either gets lied to or not compensated.

With that aside, my hope is that the TZ project is scrapped. What Ross needs is the company to pull out (Diamond would be great too) and refund the pre-orders. Then, let it be known through the trades and news that he's a high risk with no reason to trust him. Why should we?

What will that do to MSCL refunds? I have no idea. Common sense would say that overcharges are be cash that could be bounced back immediately, but obviously we've learned otherwise. RR runs things, and that's bad (read: into the ground).

Where the hell are the authorities in all of this? :evil:

Gary

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

authorties

Post by lance » Feb 3rd 2003, 11:09 pm

GaryEA wrote:Wow. How surprising. If they did any research they would have known that anybody that does business with AU either gets lied to or not compensated.

With that aside, my hope is that the TZ project is scrapped. What Ross needs is the company to pull out (Diamond would be great too) and refund the pre-orders. Then, let it be known through the trades and news that he's a high risk with no reason to trust him. Why should we?

What will that do to MSCL refunds? I have no idea. Common sense would say that overcharges are be cash that could be bounced back immediately, but obviously we've learned otherwise. RR runs things, and that's bad (read: into the ground).

Where the hell are the authorities in all of this? :evil:

Gary
Ya know I keep coming back to this. We have heard from MSCLers that police departments have contacted them regarding their complaints, but nothing else has been said. Is anything further being done?

Lance Man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: authorties

Post by fnordboy » Feb 4th 2003, 2:32 am

lance wrote: Ya know I keep coming back to this. We have heard from MSCLers that police departments have contacted them regarding their complaints, but nothing else has been said. Is anything further being done?

Lance Man
I don't understand why people are surprised at the lack of anything going on against Ross. Did we all just forget how sh!tty our legal system is?

He is nothing to them. They will get to him...eventually. And the cops are probably only following up now because they have to, paperwork and all.

The law is not set up for regular american citizens like us unfortunately. Unless some guy with a GED and a powertrip feels like intimidating you they won' do much for us, atleast not quickly.

If this was all localized possibly we would have better luck. But this is global (national complaints at the least).

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

suing?

Post by kidbro77 » Feb 4th 2003, 3:20 pm

Has anyone tried to sue AU? Or contacted a lawyer to see what can be done?
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: suing?

Post by fnordboy » Feb 4th 2003, 3:35 pm

kidbro77 wrote:Has anyone tried to sue AU? Or contacted a lawyer to see what can be done?
I think the few people who were seriously considering this came to realize it wasn't worth it for the money in the long run.

Plus we see what happens even when you win a suit against them (Howard's case).