Idea about Revenge against AU?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Idea about Revenge against AU?

Post by andrewgd » Jan 26th 2003, 11:39 pm

Ok, I just had this thought. I have no idea if it is reasonable or not, but it sounds like it may be a good way to get revenge against AU, if not your money or bonus materials:

Chargebacks cost the company money, correct? Why don't we all go and buy one comic. Wait until it clears on your card. Then email and try to call AU and cancel the order. Document these emails. Then, dispute the charge with your bank after a week of no reponse from them.

Since it will have only been a short time, your bank should return the money no problem. Then AU has to pay because they've had another chargeback against them. If enough people do this, it would be sure to put them under completely. No credit card company would give them a business account ever again.

What's everyone's thoughts on this? Is it just crazy?
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Spartacus
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Spartacus » Jan 26th 2003, 11:53 pm

I wouldn't give these morons your credit card information. Don't do anything you might regret.

Trust me, there are actions underway to ensure that AnotherUniverse.com will not exist for much longer. If you'd like to play a part in this 100% legal activity, email spartacus@anotheruniversesucks.org.

We originally held off because we wanted customers to get what they paid for. We no longer care. You may not get your lunchboxes or bonus discs. We apologize up front. AnotherUniverse.com does not deserve to exist and we don't believe that there is much chance of you seeing those items anyway.

We will keep you posted. If you would like to participate, let us know.

Spartacus
http://www.anotheruniverseSUCKS.org

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Jan 27th 2003, 2:08 pm

It's a bit on the crazy side.

You sig says it best; "What goes around, comes around." Karma is a beautiful thing, and it's already got it's sights on AU. They're drowning in scandal, debt and credibility problems, AND facing the possibility of legal action. And who knows if the government is going to do something about it?

Adding chargeback losses to their problems will not get people's money back any faster, will force Ross to recede further into obscurity when he should up be front and center dealing with the situation, and will give them more reasons to file for Chapter 11, which you DON'T want until all refunds have been issued.

Take the high road and let karma do it's work.

Gary