Trouble with your bank?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 4th 2003, 7:54 pm

I'm just going to toss this in. I know you're upset and I don't blame you.
I was sure the 120 days was from when the transaction ended. I.E. when AU was going to ship the DVD set.
Technically, the "set" consists of the five show DVDs, the bonus disc, a lunchbox. Since the latter two still have not been shipped, and no release date has been offered by the merchant (AU), your set still has not been fulfilled.

Ergo, screw Visa's 5/30/02 date. The 120 limit shouldn't apply to a partial order that has no sign of ever being fulfilled.

Best of luck in obtaining your refund, and hang in there.

Gary

Tapp_Darden
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tapp_Darden » Feb 5th 2003, 10:43 am

GaryEA wrote:Technically, the "set" consists of the five show DVDs, the bonus disc, a lunchbox. Since the latter two still have not been shipped, and no release date has been offered by the merchant (AU), your set still has not been fulfilled.

Ergo, screw Visa's 5/30/02 date. The 120 limit shouldn't apply to a partial order that has no sign of ever being fulfilled.
I never got anything from AU. They sent me my t-shirt on time and got me my refund on the overcharge but that was it. I got my box set from amazon :evil: Still not happy about the all we are the only retailers of this set BS.

My bank says it is from the 5/30/02 date, So, I'm going to need prof that it is not. Do you know of any docs that I can get a hold of and send to my bank?

Of, course now I'm also not happy with my bank. I wasn't happy with my bank before but now that they are doing jack s**t I really not happy with them. you know?

It just that I'm just a poor collage student. 115 is a lot of money.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 5th 2003, 3:01 pm

Did you get any emails from AU after the May date that talked about the release delays? Those are convincing documents, especially if you have more than one (I'm not sure how many there were, including the most recent one).

(If you have already send those, disregard what I just said)

Have you spoken to anyone from Visa? If your bank won't help you, perhaps they can point you in the right direction or assist you. They may redirect you to your bank, but you can tell them a) I have a Visa card, b) I have been defrauded and c) my bank won't do jack for me even though I paid for items that were supposed to arrive months ago.

At the same time, I suggest you try contacting AU again, using one or both of the email address provided in their recent email. Tell them that you have not received a refund for $115, or the products you initially paid for. You got the T-shirt, where is the rest of it?

I hear you; $115 is a ton of cash. If your bank isn't willing to assist you and not acknowledge fraud or retail misconduct, maybe Visa can.

Hang in there. If I can think of anything else, I'll post it.

Gary

Tapp_Darden
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tapp_Darden » Feb 5th 2003, 3:58 pm

First, thanks for all of your help. you helped me see what my rights are and stuff.
One reason why I'm posting about my problems is to get help, but also to let people know that even though some did get their money back from the banks many of us did not. If you look at Jasons survay it shows that most of us are still waiting for out money back.
GaryEA wrote:Did you get any emails from AU after the May date that talked about the release delays? Those are convincing documents, especially if you have more than one (I'm not sure how many there were, including the most recent one).
I already sent them all of my comunactions that I had with AU. they are saying that the 120 day limit is not from when they were going to ship it, but from when they charged my card.
In other words, While I was waiting for my dvd box set(back when we all thoguht we were going to get it) the 120 day limit passed me by.
I think I will contact VISA. I did went to their website and they said that they provided full 100% protection against fraud. but I have to go to my cards insitution/bank.

I guess whats makes me angry is that I have no money/power so nobodys willing to do anything. ... But if I were, say, the CEO of a multi-national corporation people would be bending over backwords for me. But I guess thats another issue all together.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Feb 5th 2003, 4:14 pm

The original deal was not for people to be precharged. I just woke up one day to several hundred angry emails from people who discovered the charges.

There was enough wrongdoing for 1/3 of the people to get their money back. If we can get 1/3, we can get all.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Feb 5th 2003, 6:33 pm

Tapp,

...sigh.

In an ideal world, your bank would have seen that you've clearly been duped out of a lot of money, and would have done something to help you. To me, that's loyalty to the customer, and the right thing to do.

Of course, we're not in an ideal world.

My only suggestion right now is to try and speak with somebody at Visa, especially someone who deals with fraud. If they try to refer you back to your bank, ask them to hear you out and see what suggestions they might have. This is a serious situation and their name is involved.

Contact AU again, maybe even in writing or both. Let them know that you have been defrauded out of money or goods owed to you, and you want either back. Get it on record. Keep pushing until you get a reply. Get THAT on record so it can used if you need to go back to your back regarding this.

Other than that, and short of barrelling into your bank's office and raising holy hell, it's unfortunately still the waiting game. And I'm sure you know that more than I. I just wish I could help.

Thank you for sharing what has been going on, and please continue to keep us in the loop.

Take care,
Gary