Deleting AU's drygrass.com passwords as a precaution.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Deleting AU's drygrass.com passwords as a precaution.

Post by Jason R » Jan 5th 2003, 8:14 pm

There have been rumors of firings and layoffs, plus nobody has logged in for a very long time. They need to contact me to let me know who should have access. All of their passwords have been deactivated for now.

I am doing this because I don't want to be held responsible for former employees accessing customer data.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Jan 5th 2003, 11:38 pm

Can't you just change the permissions, so that it's read only? This would still allow them to submit changes, but the changes wouldn't be applied until approved.

Not that, you know, they were actually using it or anything. :)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 6th 2003, 12:00 am

AU *NEVER* had permission to make changes. Only to mark things as "processed" to clear them from the queue. And nothing can be deleted either.

There is a lot of personal information in there submitted by customers. I just don't want anyone to even be able to read it. (Some customers, for example, submitted credit card numbers even though I asked them not to and even though no SSL is used).