REFUNDS FOR ALL!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Jan 9th 2003, 1:24 pm

time for a name change

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

AN ACTUAL EMAIL REPLY FROM AU!

Post by So-Called Loon » Jan 11th 2003, 5:58 am

SherryAE wrote:Well, surprisingly enough, I received an email response from AU today ... here's what they said ....

"These remaining items didn't arrive in time to be shipped with the sets and we were told they would be shipped to us in December. But we have not received them or been informed as to when we will be receiving them from the overseas manufacture. As soon as we get them we will ship them out to customers."

Customer Service
Another Universe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find this insulting that they haven't SPECIFICALLY mentioned what is the ACTUAL CAUSE of the delay. ....
Having sent similar complaint emails to AU every couple days for quite a while and gotten no reply, i went to the AU web site to see if it had changed much. I found myself at the built-in contact form. I wrote a slightly nasty complaint, hoping they weren't ignoring things coming in that door.

I received an email reply quite like SherryAE's quite rapidly. When i read hers here i briefly thought it was a form mail. Then i remembered the reply i received quoted my message, and was longer.
Another Universe Customer Service (an oxymoron) wrote:The lunchbox and bonus disc did not arrive in time to be shipped with the
set itself. The decision was made not to hold on to the sets but to get them
out to the customers as quickly as we could and send the additional items in
a separate shipment. We were last told we would have them in December,
but we have not received them or been informed as to when we will be receiving
them from the overseas manufacture. As soon as we get the lunchbox and bonus
disc we will ship them out to customers.
About the overcharge I have forwarded your message to the accounting department.

Customer Service
Another Universe
I was so pissed when i read it! Image

The first part is the same BS as the email in September. And the part about my overcharge information being sent to the accounting department is nearly verbatim what i was told when i called about the overcharge clear back in July and early October! It's like they're assuming i'm a clueless idiot that doesn't know anything about all the crap that's gone on.

I wasn't nearly as polite as SherryAE. I may regret it later. "You catch more flies with honey than with vinager" and all that. But it seems like everything from honey to vinager has failed. Time for some sulfuric acid. Image

I pretty clearly reminded them in condensed form of all that's happened and makes the letter sound so ludicrous. I was a little long-winded. They probably won't even read it; the weenies!
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: AN ACTUAL EMAIL REPLY FROM AU!

Post by fnordboy » Jan 11th 2003, 9:42 pm

So-Called Loon wrote:I may regret it later. "You catch more flies with honey than with vinager" and all that. But it seems like everything from honey to vinager has failed.
I have tried everything from honey to vinegar and beyond...and nothing worked. I think my first overcharge being fixed was a combo of pure luck + Jason stepped in for me (though this was back in July when they still sort of listened to him). Always grateful for that help Jason :).