Copy of Mass Mail Update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Copy of Mass Mail Update

Post by Jason R » Jan 2nd 2003, 6:41 pm

Posting here on the odd chance you didn't receive it.

My So-Called Life DVD Update

(Note to Hotmail and other webmail users, you may have to cut and paste the links for them to work).

Summary:
1) A working number for AU.com 916-450-0707
2) No official word on bonus material.
3) Help in getting credit card refunds
3) AU/MSCL related sites and resources

First, I apologize for using mass mail to communicate with everyone, but with thousands of people to reach, it is the only time/cost effective method. As always, an unsubscribe link is available at the bottom of this email. We will use this list sparingly. If you are still waiting for bonus material or refunds, I recommend remaining on the list. It will not be used very often. Nevertheless, I recognize that mass mail is inherently intrusive, and I apologize once again.

Many customers continue to write to me to inquire about the status of their overcharge refunds. Unfortunately, there has been no offical word from AnotherUniverse.com. I am no longer in contact with them, but I have continued to try to push for refunds and many customers have offered to assist.

The main thing that people email me for is an AU.com phone number. AU.com disconnected most of its numbers in the last months of December. 916-450-0707 was originally disconnected, but it is now back in operation. There are no live operators, but you can leave a voicemail.

http://www.drygrass.com/mscl will remain in operation for the foreseeable future, although AU.com has not logged in for over a month. Still, it is not a bad idea to report a problem so that you can receive a record of the problem if you need it in the future. (No need to resubmit problems, they are all logged).

One thing that we have noticed is that some people were receiving credits from their banks, while others were being declined because the charges occured more than 60 days ago. It is my belief that by putting customers in contact with each other, and letting them get the word out, they can perhaps pressure AU *AND* their credit card companies to provide refunds.

Therefore, I am sending a list of sites that might be helpful in bringing customers together and sharing advice. If you successfully received a refund from AU or your credit card, there are many customers who would appreciate your advice.

Here are some sites that you can visit to make a difference:

Sign the Open Letter of Complaint to AnotherUniverse.com and be counted:
http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/AU2/

Have helpful links for other customers? Add to the list of links at AnotherUniverseSUCKS.org, or add your story to the message forum:
http://www.anotheruniversesucks.org/mod ... file=index

Talk to other MSCL customers at: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Additionally, I would like to ask AnotherUniverse.com to communicate with its customers via email to let them know when they can expect the balance of their bonus material.

Warm Regards,

Jason Rosenfeld
Dry Grass Partners, LLC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You are receiving this email because somone, probably you, ordered the MSCL DVD box set from AnotherUniverse.com

To unsubscribe, reply to this email with "unsubscribe" in the subject or simply click on the following link: Unsubscribe

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 3rd 2003, 4:57 am

Jason,

Oddly, I didn't receive the email. I've gotten every other email of yours. Don't know if it was just a glitch or whatever, figured I would let you know.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 3rd 2003, 8:29 am

Can never tell with these mass mails. used the same service i've been using. i will mass mail those who submitted to drygrass.com next. this mail was just to those who had ordered the DVDs.

In a previous post, I warned that some would receive duplicate emails. This is just my effort to reach as many as possible. Today, I will send to all of those who submitted double bills and cancellations. (I will add a bit about the importance of filing an Attorney General complaint).

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Jan 3rd 2003, 10:11 am

I didn't receive this e-mail, either. Thanks for posting, Jason.
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

theandygrant
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Copy of Mass Mail Update

Post by theandygrant » Jan 3rd 2003, 6:54 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: AU.com disconnected most of its numbers in the last months of December.
really? and how many months were there in December this year? :roll:

Ta for the message. I didnt receive it either.
Andy

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Jan 3rd 2003, 7:29 pm

In the last Months of 2002, last days of December or something like that.

Somebody wrote on the petition that AU's version of a day must be derived from the Book of Genesis, so I guess that there can be months in December. Especially if you are waiting for a $300 refunds (and especially when the product was supposed to cost only $100!)

In any case, sorry if you didn't get the email. I've yet to find an efficient way to email everyone and avoid spam filters. The most important thing there was the call to sign the petition.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Jan 3rd 2003, 8:03 pm

Jason,

Just to let you know, I got this email.