I received the DVD box set...after cancelling my order!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 24th 2002, 1:28 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:The only thing that will stop me is if Ross emails or PMs one of the moderators on this board and convinces them to stop me.
Even if Ross did PM me, there is not much he could say to convince me to ask you to stop, Jason. The ONE thing that he could do is refund all the double charges (as well as the money owed to customers who cancelled). Until that happens, I see no reason to ask you to stop.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 24th 2002, 1:50 am

In response to what was being discussed earlier, if I (an attorney BTW) had cancelled (which i did), received a credit (which i did, from my CC company) and was subsequently sent the DVDs (which i wasn't), I'd be thanking AU for their gift to me. Period.

Now, if they wished to drive to my house here in Florida and ask for them back, I may (repeat may) walk across the room and hand them back. But thats the ONLY effort I'd be obliged to do. If they screwed up, they screwed up, not my problemo (or yours). Stick them on your counter and wait for AU to go bankrupt.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 24th 2002, 5:13 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:The only thing that will stop me is if Ross emails or PMs one of the moderators on this board and convinces them to stop me.
I would flip in a second. I hold Ross so dear to my heart. Sorry Jason, but I think you would understand ;)

(err, yes that was sarcasm)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 24th 2002, 10:50 am

I know that a lot of people are actually holding out for refunds.
Now I am going to urge chargebacks and reports to IFCC and AG.

Why?

Chargebacks cost AU money. Let them feel some of the pain they are causing for their customers.

It is cheaper for them to be proactive and issue refunds than it is to wait for chargebacks to hit them.

AU continues to lie and say that they "only" owe about $35,000 in refunds. There are not only 300 affected customers.

There are 450 cancellations alone. And there are well in excess of 750 double charged customers.

And those are only the ones on the old email list, and subsequently reported to Dry Grass.com. If it was one of the last 1,000 customers, I don't even have a way to reach them. There could be many more, but 1,200 is already bad enough.

elwood
Tino

Yeah, they sent me f***ing cash!

Post by elwood » Dec 24th 2002, 3:17 pm

I went back and forth in emails with Mike McCullough back in late May and early June 2002 about getting my f***ing 20-dollar deposit back. Basically they had never given me an order number, and then said I had never sent them anything, and demanded I come up with a cancelled check.

I bitched up enough of a storm that I got an email from Mike saying he was going to send the refund "out of his own pocket." Just after receiving that email, I replied to him that I had just retrieved the cancelled check and would be sending it to him right away. Mike's classic reply was simply, "Whatever." So he didn't even wait for the cancelled check, and just sent the 20-dollar bill in the mail.

Throughout the whole ordeal, Mike McCullough was a complete asshole. I hope Satan has a special place in hell lined up for him.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Dec 24th 2002, 4:22 pm

Sounds like Mr. McCullough's handling of the matter basically handed you a free DVD set.

Did you in fact send him the cancelled check, or did you hold off after being told "Whatever"? If it's the latter, I'd say you got a freebie.

I'd like to toss in an observation before I go back to mixing egg nog with Everclear ( :lol: ); While this forum has chugged along, folks from AU have read our posts. How often, I have no idea but I'm certain they come here.

The one kink in the idea of keeping your set is that while AU put let emotion dictate customer service and essentially let a set go for free, they could turn around and use any claims on this site as a reason to try to get it back.

I'm the first to admit that I might be talking out of my ear in saying that, and I'm willing to be proven wrong, but you got to admit, AU is screwed up enough that they'd attempt something like that.

Regardless, I hope everything works out.

Gary

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 24th 2002, 4:28 pm

AU hasn't got a leg to stand on if they sent a set out to someone who cancelled. Period. The law is very clear about unsolicited packages. The sender CAN NOT demand payment after the fact, unless they want to be charged with harrassment.

Too bad you sent it back.

elwood
Tino

As stated previously, I already sent the DVDs back.

Post by elwood » Dec 25th 2002, 3:40 am

Oh, I sent him a photocopy of the cancelled check. No f***ing way was I going to send him the real thing.

So yeah, I could have had a freebie, but oh well, I sent it back before I even found this board. I can always buy it down the road for whatever $40+ price it is selling for. I don't want to ever want to here from AnotherUniverse again.

Although I have sent a couple snide comments to Mike McCullough in particular about all this. Spite and retribution are fun, like when I made sure I sent him copies of the complaints I filed with the California Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau, complaints where I explained in detail my dealings with him specifically.

Oh, and if he does read this message...Merry Christmas, Dickhead!

Rainbow Brite
Tino

Post by Rainbow Brite » Dec 30th 2002, 3:10 pm

Besides all the legal aspects...I can not believe they refunded you the supposed "Non-refundable" deposit! After all their B.S... They send to people who cancel and don't to who do.When I first ordered the set, I think it was the first day it was available, I figured the worst that would happen is I would lose twenty bucks if i changed my mind. Little did i know in the end i would lose 100$...

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 30th 2002, 4:28 pm

There was never a "nonrefundable" deposit. It was stated that if ANY of the original terms were changed, the deposits were fully refundable. Since EVERY term about this release was changed (exclusivity, payment schedule, release dates) any "nonrefundability" (which would never stand up in court) was gone from the start.

If you didn't get the discs, and paid a deposit, it is owed back to you in full.