In search of all the emails Another Universe has sent out...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
glintboy
Frozen Embryo

In search of all the emails Another Universe has sent out...

Post by glintboy » Dec 16th 2002, 12:22 am

If anyone has copies of any or all of the emails they've gotten sent about the whole My So Called Life project and ordering process, please let me know. (especially emails with promised release dates)

I don't have them all saved, and I'd really like to include them as I send documentation to my credit card company to dispute charges.

Thanks!
Andy

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 16th 2002, 6:25 am

I have all those emails - a nice handy documentation of the whole tale.

I will happily forward them to you - PM me your email and I'll sort it out.

:)

If someone could tell me how to do it, and how to delete my personal details from the top of them, I will happily post them here on a thread too.

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 16th 2002, 9:50 am

Can you email those emails to me? I will also post them on drygrass.com. Plus, there is going to be a major initiative to send people's drygrass.com records to people. Maybe I can attach a link to these emails as well.

Between the customers' dated report to drygrass.com plus the emails from AU, there should be pretty decent documentation.

Jason Rosenfeld

PS: Not untellingly, you will be interested to know that Ross is now telling people that I am "trying to put him out of business because I am a competitor." I didn't realize that I am now a retailer, although I don't deny consulting for some of his potential competitors. Wouldn't have been necessary if I had been paid and if 1/2 of his customers didn't get shafted by him.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 16th 2002, 10:05 am

Jason,

I'll email them to you now on your aol address. Hopefully you can use them to help send Ross' butt to jail.

Glintboy,

I'll email you too if you PM me your email address.

Hope they come in useful!

Starbug

PS - Jason, you might be interested to know that it was only when I was writing out my long letter to my CC company, (I also submitted to the FBI thing too) that I realised that AU had actually taken the full amount of money several days (actually about 10 days) before I gave them authorisation to do so, or even before I received their dumb 'pre-authorisation' email. I hadn't realised this before as my paper statement doesn't arrive until the first few days of the next month. Needless to say, I have made that little gem clear in all letters. :evil:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 16th 2002, 10:22 am

You know why that happened, right? Because they charged customers before getting permission. The only reason that approve/decline email ever went out is because I totally FREAKED OUT on Ross when they did that. They sent an email giving people the ability to opt out.

Incidentally, they weren't blaming authorize.net at the time. Mike McCullough personally told me that the accounting department just went ahead and charged everyone without asking first. He said "all we could do then was sit back and watch the train wreck unfold."

So that, to me at least, indicates that it is more than mere computer error. Cash flow is more like it. They appear to be broke. Otherwise they'd be paying people, right? That is the only explanation that makes sense. The scary thing? They are broke after double billing all of these people, not giving cancellation credits and even after not having to pay me what they owed me.

Jason

starbug wrote: PS - Jason, you might be interested to know that it was only when I was writing out my long letter to my CC company, (I also submitted to the FBI thing too) that I realised that AU had actually taken the full amount of money several days (actually about 10 days) before I gave them authorisation to do so, or even before I received their dumb 'pre-authorisation' email. I hadn't realised this before as my paper statement doesn't arrive until the first few days of the next month. Needless to say, I have made that little gem clear in all letters. :evil:

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 16th 2002, 10:33 am

[quote="Jason Rosenfeld"]You know why that happened, right? Because they charged customers before getting permission. The only reason that approve/decline email ever went out is because I totally FREAKED OUT on Ross when they did that. They sent an email giving people the ability to opt out.

So that, to me at least, indicates that it is more than mere computer error. Cash flow is more like it. They appear to be broke. Otherwise they'd be paying people, right? That is the only explanation that makes sense. The scary thing? They are broke after double billing all of these people, not giving cancellation credits and even after not having to pay me what they owed me.

Jason

[quote]

Yeah, I had that figured out. I knew other people had it happen here, I just never knew I was one of the victims. I'm wondering how many other people, like me, didn't figure it out until recently. Or still don't realise.

And you're right - cashflow certainly seems to be their major problem and always has been. I just can't believe the audacity of charging people without their permission. It truly beggars belief that any 'accounting department' would do that, or even think of doing it.

I would really like to know where all that money has gone. I'm wondering how long they've been running at a loss (years?) and whether Ross has it all creamed away in his personal accounts or whether it has been used to pay off previous debts.

Either way, it's illegal and I hope the full force of the law and some large prisoners help Ross to understand that and feel the pain.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 16th 2002, 10:43 am

I received some emails of support from people who have been to Ross's house in Sacramento. To protect identities, I am not posting any of that here. However, they say that he has a very nice house with very nice things.

So, I guess we know where all of our money went.

I am glad I stepped down as moderator, though. Ross is alleging to his friend bssiesmth (on fuckedcompany.com) that when his personal info was posted that I was intentionally slow to remove it from the forum and that it was here for 8 hours. Now, if his info is posted, it is not my responsibility to remove it.

In any case, I don't think it could have been up for more than an hour or two. Unless it was posted when I was asleep. Even then, Sab is pretty quick to delete things like that.
starbug wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:You know why that happened, right? Because they charged customers before getting permission. The only reason that approve/decline email ever went out is because I totally FREAKED OUT on Ross when they did that. They sent an email giving people the ability to opt out.

Jason

Yeah, I had that figured out. I knew other people had it happen here, I just never knew I was one of the victims. I'm wondering how many other people, like me, didn't figure it out until recently. Or still don't realise.

And you're right - cashflow certainly seems to be their major problem and always has been. I just can't believe the audacity of charging people without their permission. It truly beggars belief that any 'accounting department' would do that, or even think of doing it.

I would really like to know where all that money has gone. I'm wondering how long they've been running at a loss (years?) and whether Ross has it all creamed away in his personal accounts or whether it has been used to pay off previous debts.

Either way, it's illegal and I hope the full force of the law and some large prisoners help Ross to understand that and feel the pain.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Dec 16th 2002, 10:54 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: However, they say that he has a very nice house with very nice things.

So, I guess we know where all of our money went.

Yep. Why doesn't that surprise me :roll:

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Dec 16th 2002, 11:57 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: I am glad I stepped down as moderator, though. Ross is alleging to his friend bssiesmth (on fuckedcompany.com) that when his personal info was posted that I was intentionally slow to remove it from the forum and that it was here for 8 hours. Now, if his info is posted, it is not my responsibility to remove it.
Does this mean that Ross still frequents this board, but just doesn't post? Does he come here just to laugh and make fun of all the posters here? Because obviously he doesn't listen to what we say and try to fix.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 16th 2002, 12:02 pm

You can bet on it.
girl_from_texas wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote: I am glad I stepped down as moderator, though. Ross is alleging to his friend bssiesmth (on fuckedcompany.com) that when his personal info was posted that I was intentionally slow to remove it from the forum and that it was here for 8 hours. Now, if his info is posted, it is not my responsibility to remove it.
Does this mean that Ross still frequents this board, but just doesn't post? Does he come here just to laugh and make fun of all the posters here? Because obviously he doesn't listen to what we say and try to fix.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 16th 2002, 12:29 pm

girl_from_texas wrote: Does this mean that Ross still frequents this board, but just doesn't post? Does he come here just to laugh and make fun of all the posters here?
Wouldn't you?

He is probably under the impression that he will totally get away with this. And knowing how this country's court system works most time he probably will.