How do we take their website down?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
quantum_chris
Frozen Embryo

How do we take their website down?

Post by quantum_chris » Dec 11th 2002, 8:36 pm

The phone numbers at anotheruniverse.com are disconnected, but their
website is still up. So does this mean that they are still taking people's money??? Maybe I should call the FBI and see if they can take the website down. I'd hate to see people giving money to a sick company like anotheruniverse.com.

I was charged twice at $79.98. I'm an idiot and did not file a complaint soon enough with my credit card company, so I am basically screwed. I did get the DVD set, but I doubt I will get the lunchbox and bonus DVD.

Lesson learned for me, and everyone else that didn't act fast enough.
If you see a bogus charge on your credit card, tell your credit card company right away. Side note, I spoke with my credit card company today and they said they would actually reimburse me themselves for $40. Kudos to them!

Does anyone live in California that could visit the address of anotheruniverse.com, knock on their door, and ask them what the friggin' problem is?

Thanks for reading,
Chris

Spartacus
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Spartacus » Dec 11th 2002, 8:41 pm

We, at http://www.anotheruniversesucks.org , are making major progress in gaining contacts within Ross Rojek's operations.

Our advice to Mr. Rojek: You might want to make sure that all of your employees are paid up and that they don't have incentive to talk to us. :twisted:

I am,
Spartacus

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 11th 2002, 8:42 pm

Spartacus wrote:We, at http://www.anotheruniversesucks.org, are making major progress in gaining contacts within Ross Rojek's operations.
You might want to get the comma out of that link.

Spartacus
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Spartacus » Dec 11th 2002, 8:43 pm

Damn you are fast. I had just caught it myself. Ross doesn't know what he is up against. He messed with the wrong bunch of fans.

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 11th 2002, 8:47 pm

Spartacus wrote:He messed with the wrong bunch of fans.
I've been thinking that since day one, of all the people you dont want to tee off, tenacious people with long memories have to be near the top of the list.

I have come to the conclusion that Ross is odd.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: How do we take their website down?

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 11th 2002, 8:55 pm

quantum_chris wrote:Does anyone live in California that could visit the address of anotheruniverse.com, knock on their door, and ask them what the friggin' problem is?
One of our forum members actually visited Ross & Co. last week. You can read about it here: Can we visit Sacramento?
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

quantum_chris
Frozen Embryo

Post by quantum_chris » Dec 11th 2002, 11:37 pm

Thanks for the link. It's nice to know I'm not alone in this. If I lived close by I would certainly pay them a visit.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 12th 2002, 12:41 am

quantum_chris: it is not too late to get a refund via your credit card company, many of us have done just that after paying in full back in March. Ask to speak with a supervisor. They will ask you to send in a written account of the situation (look around this forum for what to include), but you will get your money back if you persist.

I'm sure Another Universe is well known within the CC circles, so don't think you have missed out. GET YOUR MONEY BACK!