It IS possible! I got my refund check today TOO!!!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 10th 2002, 8:50 pm

No choice but to inform the IRS. I'm also about to send AU a registered letter requesting my 1099 form for what they didn't bounce or steal from me, plus an explanation of why each of the payments was from a different person. If I don't get the requested documentation, my accountant told me to keep a copy of my registered letter on file.
andrewgd wrote:If it is in fact a money order, you shouldn't have a problem. They have to give the bank money and then the bank gives them what amounts to a check from the bank. Banks usually don't bounce their own checks. So you should be ok. It sounds like its not a check from AU, but basically a check from the bank.

It sounds like Leslie is definitely one of the people Ross has gotten to hide money for him.

You did say you've already notified the IRS of the situation, right?

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Dec 10th 2002, 9:16 pm

Money Orders can be forged or faked, and are no better than a cheque in this regard. They can also stop payment on a MO, and it can take weeks for them to really clear (your bank gives you a credit, but until the paper is sent back to the originator, it hasn't really cleared).

If these are coming by courier, I would wonder why they aren't using the mail - federal offense maybe? MAKE SURE TO GET A PHOTOCOPY.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Dec 10th 2002, 9:48 pm

In regards to a photocopy, make sure it is as clear and legible as you can get it. I know someone who was having accounting problems, and when they sent in a photocopied back-up to prove a certain fact, the person on the other end quibbled that the copy was not legible. I could totally see AU pulling the same crap. :?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 10th 2002, 10:11 pm

Oh MAN! Don't TELL me this kinda stuff! :( I know, you're all right but I sure hope that this isn't just another bs tactic. Seems like a lot of trouble for them to go through. No I DIDN'T get a photocopy, I'll just have to take my chances I guess. If the worst is realized and this IS all a mirage, I'll probably be able to get the original from my bank, I've actually had good luck with that in the past from this bank and PLEASE don't scare me with more horrible but oh-so-possible what-ifs, ok :( Please?? :wink:

My euphoria is long gone, should you be wondering... :roll:
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Dec 10th 2002, 11:46 pm

Keep the original envelope it was mailed in. Definitely copy front/back of the check. Dust for fingerprints (kidding.. or maybe..)

And make sure you do not count that money in your account until it really has cleared. No point in bouncing something after you think you've got that extra $100 in the account and the money order turns out to be invalid.

IMO this is the first wave of Ross' next deception. Clearly he reads these boards, figures out who to give a refund to that's from here, then hopes that these people will post that they received refunds. Then the rest of the cheated people will likely just wait patiently instead of reporting this crook to the FBI.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 10th 2002, 11:55 pm

I agree Lurker. I think people who are loud enough on this board will be taken care of first. Ross did that when he posted his "request for information." Did anybody get taken care of back then, actually?

However, if that is the case now, I will backfire because I will mass mail everyone I surveyed to say that some people are receiving refunds after turning up the heat. The heat from 100 or so people on a forum are one thing... 1,000 pissed off customers are something altogether different.
Lurker1999 wrote:Keep the original envelope it was mailed in. Definitely copy front/back of the check. Dust for fingerprints (kidding.. or maybe..)

And make sure you do not count that money in your account until it really has cleared. No point in bouncing something after you think you've got that extra $100 in the account and the money order turns out to be invalid.

IMO this is the first wave of Ross' next deception. Clearly he reads these boards, figures out who to give a refund to that's from here, then hopes that these people will post that they received refunds. Then the rest of the cheated people will likely just wait patiently instead of reporting this crook to the FBI.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 10th 2002, 11:57 pm

Ya, I know what you mean, Lurker. Just got off the phone w/ my bank and I CAN get a copy of the check once it's been processed, etc., should that become necessary. I am not counting it untill a week or so goes by. I will check on that actually, as I am now just as wary as I was before - maybe more so. THIS BITES!!!! :evil:

Can't I just have my f*cking money back without having to play all these money-mind-games??
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 11th 2002, 2:51 am

Rickie Love wrote: Can't I just have my f*cking money back without having to play all these money-mind-games??
Tsk Tsk Rickie. Where is the fun in that?

Seriously though, I hope it goes smoothly for ya. Now to see if I ever get anything back.....

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 11th 2002, 3:52 am

fnordboy, if you need or are interested in details, I'll be happy to share, maybe it'd help. I don't for a minute think that you'll get something back without a fight, so I hope you're game...I'm SURE you are, what am I saying!

And it IS so much fun hu?? :wink: Ya, just a barrel a s**t-I-mean-laughs...

ducksqueak
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by ducksqueak » Dec 11th 2002, 9:35 am

For those of you who have been trying to get in touch with AU, I think I have a new phone number to harass them on. It came on the Fed Ex packaging that came with my MO. (916) 450-0707 Maybe I'm out of the loop and this is an old number or someone's already posted about it but I figured that it's probably the current number or otherwise why would they give it to Fed Ex. (Maybe I'm giving AU too much credit. They lied to like 4000 customers why wouldn't they lie to Fed Ex?) Just trying to help all of you out there.

P.S. I'm making the deposit today. Wish me luck.
"Gee, you're beautiful when you're unconscious."
---Link in "Hairspray"

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Refunds

Post by lance » Dec 11th 2002, 12:09 pm

Rickie Love,

I am very happy that you finally got a refund check. I hope that it clears without any problem. Keep us appraised of what happens.

Lance Man

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Post by Rickie Love » Dec 11th 2002, 4:09 pm

THANK you Lance-Man! :D So far so good. But it remains to be seen. Do I see a new status with your name??? Yes, I believe I DO...Your a 'Moderator' now! Exxxcellent.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 11th 2002, 4:18 pm

Rickie Love wrote:THANK you Lance-Man! :D So far so good. But it remains to be seen. Do I see a new status with your name??? Yes, I believe I DO...Your a 'Moderator' now! Exxxcellent.
:oops: Yeah, I am a Moderator now (Trying not to let it go to my head. When I got the news last night. I was shouting, "Yes!", jumping up and down and spinning in the air. My wife and cats just looked at me like I was nuts and went about their business.)

Lance Man :D

Spartacus
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Spartacus » Dec 11th 2002, 4:19 pm

Just don't learn how to moderate from a certain CrackWhoreCEO... :P
lance wrote:
Rickie Love wrote:THANK you Lance-Man! :D So far so good. But it remains to be seen. Do I see a new status with your name??? Yes, I believe I DO...Your a 'Moderator' now! Exxxcellent.
:oops: Yeah, I am a Moderator now (Trying not to let it go to my head. When I got the news last night. I was shouting, "Yes!", jumping up and down and spinning in the air. My wife and cats just looked at me like I was nuts and went about their business.)

Lance Man :D

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 11th 2002, 4:26 pm

Spartacus wrote:Just don't learn how to moderate from a certain CrackWhoreCEO... :P
CrackWhore was my mentor when i was in moderator school. The lessons he taught me will stay with me throughout my life.

When i tried to brainwash..err...pull Lance into the cabal of CrackWhore-dom he declined my invitation... he will get his ;)