AU.com General Email Newsletter Update

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
pgh kenny
Angelica

AU.com General Email Newsletter Update

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 9th 2002, 6:16 pm

Okay, don't ask me why, but a while ago I signed up for email updates from the another universe.com website. I thought everyone would enjoy the commentary included as a sidebar in the most recent email newsletter (see below). I was going to add my comments to some of the things written here, but maybe someone else wants to poke fun at this newsletter. Yes, they are still advertising mscl in newsletter.

"The countdown to Christmas has started. I got tons of stuff to do and many presents to buy. I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. I know I did, I was stuffed to the gills. It was all I could do to fire up the old Gameboy and fight off the triptiphan coma and watch the Dallas Cowboys attempt to win a football game. I can't think of a better way to spend a day.

I hope that all of you came out unscathed on your adventures into the after Thanksgiving Day sales. It was quite an adventure for me. I can't figure how I managed to spend so much money when all I did was wait in line the entire day. Bricks and Mortar retailers must have it all figured out. They herd us all into a line and then sell us stuff while we stand there. I got home with stuff i didn't know I had bought. I was left with hoping that I had more relatives and friends to pawn it off on. "Lets see... Who needs an electric Can-opener?" "Second cousin Sparky, we'll save him from opening cans with his teeth!"

It is 15 Days till Christmas. Coincidently, we have many cool things for you this week. Take a look at our SUPER COOL X-mas ORNAMENTS!!! Don't forget our GIANT SPIDERMAN HEAD BUST!!! Did I mention the Spider-man and Punisher WARM UP JACKETS?!!!! No?!? Well take a look!"
- AU NEWSLETTER DATED 9 DEC 2002.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 9th 2002, 6:53 pm

Gag.

It's spelled tryptophan, btw. Those idiots could never spell.

This is what they said about me back in August:

"As for Jason. He has been the fan addvicate since before AnotherUniverse got involved. He has done a great job in getting this project in the hands of people who can get it out to the public. However he doesnt know how hard people are working to fix the problems that have come up."

"are people"
"addvicate"

Sheesh. Somebody tell me this is all a bad dream.

I guess "there people" (intentional sic) are hard at work giving refunds, which is why a whopping *3* of you have received your money back for cancellations.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum ... post977941
Last edited by Jason R on Dec 9th 2002, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 7:46 pm

I did consider attacking this little AU update with a red pen (the same courtesy I gave to our friend socrates/brooklyn bridge/man with a thousand lame names) but then I thought about how sad poor grammar really is.

"Triptiphan" - yeah.

Jason, I'm so glad that I am not the only one who appreciates proper spelling.

:D

You can fill my shoes as the Grammar Nazi any time you like.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JayMike
Frozen Embryo

Post by JayMike » Dec 10th 2002, 3:27 am

This guy was probably in line at Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving waiting to purchase a MSCL box set. The lack of sincere apology from this company astonishes me.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 10th 2002, 1:11 pm

Even with proper spelling, the newsletter is just not authentic, given all that we know about AU.

I can appeciate a company trying to bring a certain "voice" to its marketing messages, but it doesn't usually work when it is done by Night Of The Living Dead zombies with nothing but dollar signs in their eyes.

I used to bring a voice to the mass mails and postings here. As time went by, I had to cut the bullsh*t and just try to figure out what the hell was going wrong with everything. Ironic that Ross uses one of my posts
to try to portray me in a negative light.

I'm talking about when the BMG released the press release and I, in jest, posted a "neener neener" post to those who thought the whole thing was a fraud (kind of ironic, I know -- I now think that a lot of this was a fraud). I think that 99.999% of the people realized that it was a good natured post, just thankful that BMG posted some proof of the DVDs.

Since the AU meltdown, if I had a nickel for each time an AU investor used that post to try to show that I am childish, I could afford to buy 1,000,000 shares of that stock. Heh. I guess even without the nickels, I could buy the stock as it is worthless. A paper recycler offers more than the face value.

candygirl wrote:I did consider attacking this little AU update with a red pen (the same courtesy I gave to our friend socrates/brooklyn bridge/man with a thousand lame names) but then I thought about how sad poor grammar really is.

"Triptiphan" - yeah.

Jason, I'm so glad that I am not the only one who appreciates proper spelling.

:D

You can fill my shoes as the Grammar Nazi any time you like.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 10th 2002, 1:24 pm

I wonder how long an empty shell corporation can continue to be traded as a pennystock? What's the point?
Jason Rosenfeld wrote: I could afford to buy 1,000,000 shares of that stock. Heh. I guess even without the nickels, I could buy the stock as it is worthless. A paper recycler offers more than the face value.

Spartacus
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Spartacus » Dec 10th 2002, 1:32 pm

The irony is this: there are empty shells with a higher value than CMIH.

It might be worth more without Ross. Kind of like the way property values in his neighborhood will skyrocket if he moves away.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Dec 10th 2002, 1:38 pm

I can't figure how I managed to spend so much money when all I
did was wait in line the entire day
Hoho! That's a good one!
----------------
Make it count.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Dec 10th 2002, 6:49 pm

I just hope "I was stuffed to the gills" makes it onto the rotating quote section of anotheruniversesucks.org :twisted:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: AU.com General Email Newsletter Update

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 10th 2002, 6:58 pm

pgh kenny wrote:Bricks and Mortar retailers must have it all figured out. They herd us all into a line and then sell us stuff while we stand there. I got home with stuff i didn't know I had bought. I was left with hoping that I had more relatives and friends to pawn it off on.
Online comic book retailers must have it all figured out. They charge us for a product and then don't deliver it for nine months. I am at home without all the stuff that I already paid for. I am left with hoping that people will get their refunds, lunchboxes, and bonus discs.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?