We need more moderators.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 9th 2002, 11:59 pm

The weird thing is about two minutes before I read your Soda Jerk post, my boyfriend was teasing me about the word "pop" again, blaming it on my midwestern roots (Chicago) and telling me that normal people in California call it soda. We have had this discussion about a million times, but it's still funny. Okay so it doesn't sound funny the way I described it, but it is!

I do miss old Snarky Spike. When I remember all the funny things he has said ("Out. For. A. Walk....Bitch."), I wonder what the heck happened. Oh yeah, he got himself into an abusive obsessive unhealthy relationship! Let that be a lesson to everyone. Bad relationships suck the funny right out of you.

I think we should start a collection to heat Lance's basement. We can't have him go MIA over the winter!

Okay, this makes it official...we should head over to the OT forum because I do want to hear what you think Xander should do!
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

JPP13
Angela's best friend

Post by JPP13 » Dec 10th 2002, 12:06 am

hmmm. OT forum. I dont know...I've never ventured out of here before.....

I guess I'll give it a looksie.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 10th 2002, 10:55 pm

so I'm ready for the "big split" into 2 forums. when is it going to happen? it's so exciting to think that our little old dvd forum is experiencing cell division!

countess_of_wit
Liberty High Student

Post by countess_of_wit » Dec 10th 2002, 11:05 pm

Umm..... It already happened. We're in the Another Universe MSCL DVD Customer Forum right now, and there is also The DVD Forum now.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Dec 11th 2002, 10:00 am

thanks...I bookmark straight to f10 and I didn't even notice. Since the au customer forum is ten times bigger than the mscl dvd forum, it's more like the original forum had a baby than a split.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 11th 2002, 10:50 am

Hopefully, as time goes by, the main activity will be on the DVD forum. Unfortunately, a lot has to be done before that can happen.

Thanks to Sascha for finding some new moderators. I will still post here very regularly, and I hardly ever truly "moderated" anything, so I don't think anybody will notice a difference. However, this will free up some time for me to focus on order issues instead of technical issues or the bonehead investors and paid pumpers like Socrates85.

Now I don't have to worry about personal information being posted at 3am, and now I can spend my time on bringing customer concerns to the press, governmental authorities, and AU creditors and vendors.

Mark my words: Everyone that does business with Ross Rojek in the comic industry will know what kind of person he really is and how he chooses to conduct his business. Are you reading this, Ross? Start sending out those refund checks.

Jason

Chase Cat
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Chase Cat » Dec 11th 2002, 11:06 am

The split feels like the end of "Lord of the Rings" Part I. Now the members of The Fellowship are fighting on several frontlines with the one destination, to destroy the Ross, ergh... Ring. :wink:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Hopefully, as time goes by, the main activity will be on the DVD forum. Unfortunately, a lot has to be done before that can happen.

Thanks to Sascha for finding some new moderators. I will still post here very regularly, and I hardly ever truly "moderated" anything, so I don't think anybody will notice a difference. However, this will free up some time for me to focus on order issues instead of technical issues or the bonehead investors and paid pumpers like Socrates85.

Now I don't have to worry about personal information being posted at 3am, and now I can spend my time on bringing customer concerns to the press, governmental authorities, and AU creditors and vendors.

Mark my words: Everyone that does business with Ross Rojek in the comic industry will know what kind of person he really is and how he chooses to conduct his business. Are you reading this, Ross? Start sending out those refund checks.

Jason
Patty to Graham: You always buy the cat nicer food than I do.

Sascha
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Sascha » Dec 11th 2002, 11:08 am

pgh kenny wrote:Since the au customer forum is ten times bigger than the mscl dvd forum, it's more like the original forum had a baby than a split.
LOL :-)

BTW the official announcement about the new moderators and forums can be found here: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1901

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 11th 2002, 11:24 am

Also, if you miss (haha, yeah right) my miminalist moderating style, I was just invited to moderate on AnotherUniverseSUCKS.org. I'll be in MSCL section.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 11th 2002, 12:16 pm

candygirl wrote:The weird thing is about two minutes before I read your Soda Jerk post, my boyfriend was teasing me about the word "pop" again, blaming it on my midwestern roots (Chicago) and telling me that normal people in California call it soda. We have had this discussion about a million times, but it's still funny. Okay so it doesn't sound funny the way I described it, but it is!
LOL! Yes, we use "pop" here in the Greater Cincinnati area as well. Funny, you just don't think of the words you use on a daily basis as sounding strange to someone from a different part of the country or the world for that matter.
I think we should start a collection to heat Lance's basement. We can't have him go MIA over the winter!
Still LOL! My frozen fingers thank you. Still trying to figure out how to heat the sucker. I will let you know what happens.

Lance Man

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Dec 11th 2002, 12:19 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: Thanks to Sascha for finding some new moderators. I will still post here very regularly, and I hardly ever truly "moderated" anything, so I don't think anybody will notice a difference. However, this will free up some time for me to focus on order issues instead of technical issues or the bonehead investors and paid pumpers like Socrates85.

You seriously were up at 3 am monitoring the forum?! Yikes! There is dedication...and then there is DEDICATION.

Lance Man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 11th 2002, 12:22 pm

Do you call what you wear to work out:

gym shoes or sneakers?

When I tell some people I got a new pair of sneakers, they are like "what the hell are sneakers?" I think that their are lots of words like that.

Catsup, Ketchup (though homonyms, hehe)
Wanker, Rojek
Pie, Pizza
Versateller, Mac Machine, ATM

When I first moved out of NY (I am back in NY again, though), I called a pizzeria and ordered a "pie" and they didn't know what I was talking about.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 11th 2002, 12:24 pm

Not monitoring, but working on projects, and I would get a private message email alert telling me there was personal information. Part of the problem was that when I was doing MSCL for AU, it monopolized all of my time, so I was on the forums a lot.

Now with other projects demanding my time (thank God), I didn't want to feel like too little butter spread over too much bread (my favorite line from LoTR), or for the coordinated efforts to obtain refunds to suffer.
lance wrote:
Jason Rosenfeld wrote: Thanks to Sascha for finding some new moderators. I will still post here very regularly, and I hardly ever truly "moderated" anything, so I don't think anybody will notice a difference. However, this will free up some time for me to focus on order issues instead of technical issues or the bonehead investors and paid pumpers like Socrates85.

You seriously were up at 3 am monitoring the forum?! Yikes! There is dedication...and then there is DEDICATION.

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 11th 2002, 3:15 pm

I am a bit of a night person (that's how I justify the fact that I HATE to get up early in the morning) so I can confirm that Jason was, in fact, often logged on at the forum until the wee hours, and not just when he did this check disc marathon. He is hard core.

:D

P.S. I started a thread if the OT forum so that we can discuss soda vs. pop in great detail. For anyone who hasn't ventured away from the DVD forum yet, come read some of the OT threads. It's like Calgon - it will take you away from Ross and help you relax, if only temporarily.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kidbro77 » Dec 11th 2002, 4:34 pm

soda vs. pop , gym shoes vs. sneakers....

reading all these posts, i'm falling in love with all of you!
-------------------------------
Blog: http://www.livejournal.com/users/oyvavoy