The Twilight Zone Update!!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
V3 Media Fulfillment
Frozen Embryo

Post by V3 Media Fulfillment » Dec 7th 2002, 11:28 pm

To everyone interested in The Twilight Zone Boxed Set!!

First of all, I apologize for posting here at the My-So-Called-Life website, but I have seen some talk about The Twilight Zone boxed set being sold through Another Universe.

I just want to stress that Another Universe is simply taking orders on their website for the boxed set. We here at V3 Media, are compliling, building, authoring, editing, and fulfilling the actual product. When these boxed sets are ready to be shipped, which will be very soon, we will be sending out the orders to everyone that ordered through Another Universe, other websites, and our own website(http://www.MediaRacer.com). THEY ARE ONLY TAKING ORDERS, THEN FORWARDING THEM TO US. Boy, did I stress it enough?

Good news for many people out there who were hesitant about our boxed set because they were going to be shipped on DVD-R's. We listened to many of you in these postings, and other postings, and we decided to do away with putting these discs on DVD-R and we are having them professionally mastered and stamped, therefore able to play on all machines, not just newer ones.

Just in case you haven't heard about us or our Twilight Zone Boxed Set, we are releasing a boxed set consisting of 49 discs with all 156 of the original episodes in order by their original air date, with extra features for each season.

Now, the reason for this post is not to promote our product on this web site, but rather to clear the air about any misunderstandings, or rumors that have been floating around. If you have any questions about the Boxed set, visit http://www.MediaRacer.com or you can email me personally and I will do my best to answer any questions that you may have.

Thanks for reading my post, and any and all support that you have given to our product.

Langdon Siggelkow
Fulfillment Manager
V3 Media Inc.
lsiggelkow@v3media.com
http://www.MediaRacer.com

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 7th 2002, 11:46 pm

Excuse me? We here at MSCL may love the TZ, but we hate AU more.

PS: Is LangdonSiggelk Ross in disguise? It's an anagram of SLOGAN GELD KING - I rest my case.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Dec 7th 2002, 11:52 pm

No, this sounds legit. I'm sure V3 is a little concerned about all the illegal activites that AnotherUniverse has pulled, and is covering its bases. Am I correct that AU lost the exclusivity of this item as well?

"ordered through Another Universe, other websites, and our own website"

I appreciate when companies address problems and the customers.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 7th 2002, 11:59 pm

Someone from V3 did post in a previous TZ thread: http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1638

I want to know why they are letting AU sell their product now that they know how shady the company is.
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?

zero
Liberty High Student

Post by zero » Dec 8th 2002, 12:04 am

If V3 are using AU they are morons, end of story.

mrsoul
Tino

Post by mrsoul » Dec 8th 2002, 12:18 am

Good news for many people out there who were hesitant about our boxed set because they were going to be shipped on DVD-R's. We listened to many of you in these postings, and other postings, and we decided to do away with putting these discs on DVD-R and we are having them professionally mastered and stamped, therefore able to play on all machines, not just newer ones.
Not that I was planning to order the Twighlight Zone box set but I did think
it was highly suspicious that they were being released on DVD-R's instead
of "silver DVD's". Seems like if you're paying $400 for a product, you deserve more than DVD-R's.

cool rider
Liberty High Student

Post by cool rider » Dec 8th 2002, 2:43 am

My brother-in-law loves Twilight Zone but I just can't forward this on to him knowing that it is a company that associates with Another Universe. I don't care how deep the association is, you guys are connected and I cannot recommend it to him in good faith. Maybe when AU refunds my money and all the other customers still waiting I would tell my brother-in-law to go ahead, but until that day I have told him to stay as far away as possible. To me you guys seem like a good company, but I also thought AU was a good company when I first paid for my box set. Sorry, all I have to judge you with is by the companies you associate with.
"You wish it, I dish it, I thought we were clear on this. I didn't think you were gonna go all narc on me."

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Dec 8th 2002, 4:44 am

The fact that the set was going to be released on DVD-Rs raised some issues. I'm glad you decided to forgo the cheap route and go with real DVDs.

However, any product that AU has any type of involvement in or stands to profit from is off my list of places to buy from. I will be advising everyone on dvdtalk.com to stay far far from AU and order directly from your website. There's simply too much guilt by association that this set has with AU. Since AU is gathering the information they will be getting CREDIT CARD NUMBERS. I don't trust Ross not to do something stupendously idiotic with these.

My recommendation to you guys is to cut your guilt by association loss and bail on AU.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 8th 2002, 12:25 pm

With all due respect, my company is now many months behind plan because of the idiots at AnotherUniverse. My advice to V3Media: Dump these bad people. No good can come of your association with a company that steals from its customers.

I wouldn't use such strong words if I did not have the data to back it up.

Jason

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Dec 8th 2002, 8:50 pm

Add this to my prior post:

AnotherUniverse.com brings absolutely nothing to the table as far as you are concerned. No cash. They overcharged so many customers that if there *is* cash, it is cash that rightly belongs to the customers they robbed. They do not keep their promises. I hope that you have a signed contract. I started work before the contract was signed. They held it over me and never returned a signed contract. I could either be their bitch or never see the contract. Never got it anyway.

They are bad, bad, bad, news. Many hundreds of customers have already reported them to the IFCC and the California State Attorney General. You can do no good doing business with them.

In fact, if I were an investor in V3, if I saw the company you are keeping with AnotherUniverse, I would run. I am being gravely serious here, and I welcome you to private message me. I can back all of this up 100%, otherwise I would not say it.