Anyone Receive this Weird Email???

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

Anyone Receive this Weird Email???

Post by kidbro77 » Nov 26th 2002, 4:35 pm

I received a very weird email to an email address that I do not use here, nor do I use for anything MSCL-DVD related. Just wondering if anyone else received this or knows anything about this? I just thought it was strange, that's all.

It was addressed directly to me, and From "Anonymous" <anonymous@hotmail.com>

This is what it read:

This is a forum that Ross (aka CrackwhoreCEO, CEO of CEO of Another Universe (\"AU\"), aka TheComicStore.com, aka CMI Holdings Inc.) is a moderator and this thread sprang up because he has been screwing everyone over including his contractors on this forum with bounced checks. He\'s a major dipshit and should explain more of what\'s going on with your DVDs. http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/ubb/Foru ... 74-18.html
-----

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Anyone Receive this Weird Email???

Post by Jason R » Nov 26th 2002, 4:52 pm

Did you ever use the address in a post on this site? Did you ever post on usenet? Someone may have used an email extractor for any site on which you mentioned the DVDs.
kidbro77 wrote:I received a very weird email to an email address that I do not use here, nor do I use for anything MSCL-DVD related. Just wondering if anyone else received this or knows anything about this? I just thought it was strange, that's all.

It was addressed directly to me, and From "Anonymous" <anonymous@hotmail.com>

This is what it read:

This is a forum that Ross (aka CrackwhoreCEO, CEO of CEO of Another Universe ("AU"), aka TheComicStore.com, aka CMI Holdings Inc.) is a moderator and this thread sprang up because he has been screwing everyone over including his contractors on this forum with bounced checks. He\'s a major dipshit and should explain more of what\'s going on with your DVDs. http://forum.fuckedcompany.com/ubb/Foru ... 74-18.html
-----

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Anyone Receive this Weird Email???

Post by Jason R » Nov 26th 2002, 4:53 pm

also, you can trace the IP of the email, just go to http://www.visualroute.com and use the demo.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

ya

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 26th 2002, 5:32 pm

yeah i received that email too, it went straight to my trashcan though since it was a forward...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: ya

Post by Jason R » Nov 26th 2002, 5:33 pm

could anybody forward the email to me? thanks!
crimsonglowgurl wrote:yeah i received that email too, it went straight to my trashcan though since it was a forward...

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

its gone

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 26th 2002, 5:38 pm

Sorry Jason, i deleted it because i thought it was someone from this forum trying to be funny or something :(

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: its gone

Post by Jason R » Nov 26th 2002, 5:39 pm

The thread on that site really does refer to this situation, and Ross Rojek really is a moderator on that forum, but that doesn't explain how a non mscl email would be used.
crimsonglowgurl wrote:Sorry Jason, i deleted it because i thought it was someone from this forum trying to be funny or something :(

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 26th 2002, 6:53 pm

Whoa. That forum is more screwed up than RagingBull.

This is what CEO's and investors do with their time? :roll:

-g

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

email sent

Post by kidbro77 » Nov 26th 2002, 7:24 pm

Hey Jason,

I just forwarded the email to you.

seeya!
:?

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Nov 26th 2002, 9:06 pm

W.
T.
F.
?
?
?

Let me get this straight. Ross is a mod on a forum on F'ed Company.com?And his user name is CrackWhoreCEO?

I didn't go through all 22 pages, but am I correct so far?

db

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 26th 2002, 11:25 pm

Apparently.

And the site exists for the purpose of exposing companies that are... as the name implies... F'd, for one reason or another.

Being a mod there pretty much ensures that CMIH doesn't show up on there... for now, at least. We'll see if that lasts after other venues get ahold of this. :mrgreen:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 26th 2002, 11:33 pm

I don't know exactly when he became a moderator, but I think it was around September.
Howard wrote:Apparently.

And the site exists for the purpose of exposing companies that are... as the name implies... F'd, for one reason or another.

Being a mod there pretty much ensures that CMIH doesn't show up on there... for now, at least. We'll see if that lasts after other venues get ahold of this. :mrgreen:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 28th 2002, 12:10 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I don't know exactly when he became a moderator, but I think it was around September.
Howard wrote:Apparently.

Jason,

Man, will the AU/Ross Rojek/MSCL saga every come to an end? Certainly has a very creepy ablility to keep getting stranger by the moment. At the rate this is going Mephistos AU scrap book is going to pass 250 pages :wink:

Lance Man