I SPOKE WITH ROSS ON THE PHONE ABOUT THE SECOND WAVE

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

I SPOKE WITH ROSS ON THE PHONE ABOUT THE SECOND WAVE

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 21st 2002, 7:16 pm

Two more pallets are waiting for picking up by UPS within the next few hours.

Tomorrow, the remaining of the discs will be sent.

That means, that tomorrow evenings, ALL THE DISKS should be in transit. Some Canadian disk are already on route.

There will not be a third wave.

Ross and I will speak on the phone next week about the bonus disk, the lunchbox and the gift certificate.

He told me some news, but he asked me to delay any posts about that until next week, when he can get better confirmations.

If he doesn't materialize of course, I will post what I know.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: I SPOKE WITH ROSS ON THE PHONE ABOUT THE SECOND WAVE

Post by Jason R » Nov 21st 2002, 7:26 pm

So, are they going to ever read the submitted cancellations? or are they going to just ship product to people who don't want it anymore? Did he say when they will be able to steal the money from enough Twilight Zone fans so that they can refund the money to My So-Called Life fans?

I bet a lot of people will receive unsolicited sets:

ProblemTotal = 1459
Processed = 945 (65%)
DoubleBill = 552
AddressChange = 117
Cancel = 431
New Email = 30
Overcharged = 98
No Charge = 49
CCExpires = 5
Complaint = 47
Other = 122

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Nov 21st 2002, 7:41 pm

Hey if AU ships now I can sell that set on Ebay. :D My set from DDD just shipped today! I doubt it though, AU probably has already seen all the chargebacks from my credit card company and crossed me off as one less sucker to abuse.

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Nov 21st 2002, 11:53 pm

I was originally part of the first wave, but when my DVDs arrived within 50 miles of my city (according to UPS order tracking) it was mysteriously cancelled, then turned aroudn and shipped back to California. Am I to be part of the second wave or will I just not be receiving the set that I paid $200 for?
Once upon a time there lived a girl. She was always asleep. One morning she woke up.

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Nov 22nd 2002, 12:48 am

Martin, I will ask you this because you seem to be the only one who knows anything and who responds to anything. (Probably because you don't work for AU! I bet it's in their contract as an employee there to not answer any questions or give customers any information.) Do you have any idea how long it will take a DVD set to ship to the UK? A ballpark figure? What method of shipment are they using for international orders? Thanks.

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

argh!

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 22nd 2002, 1:39 am

ok this has me totally freaking out and pissed off...i pre-ordered in feb, i havent been charged more than the pre-order and i STILL WANT THE FRIGGIN DVD'S if i find out that the second "wave" has been completed, and i never get a set...man...shits gonna hit the fan...

EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Nov 22nd 2002, 2:37 am

Thanks so much MartinPierre for goign thru all this trouble--it makes me feel some sort of reassurance...

Hope this works out

E

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Nov 22nd 2002, 9:57 am

So... All the International orders will ship with the second wave?

How many orderes do/did(before they shipped first wave) AU still have?
----------------
Make it count.

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Nov 22nd 2002, 2:30 pm

Hey MartinPierre,

Since you seem to be the only one on the A list with Ross...

Can you find out when the heck he plans on refunding all the cancellations and double charges?

None of us can even get through to him. I've written EVERYONE, and threatened AU so many times it's pathetic.

If you could do what you can it would be appreciated. Thanks!

"It can't rain all the time"

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Nov 22nd 2002, 5:59 pm

kriddyboo wrote: Can you find out when the heck he plans on refunding all the cancellations and double charges?
If AU's response to my bank's investigation is any indication, Ross plans to do absolutely nothing but keep our money.
Last edited by phelix on Nov 23rd 2002, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Nov 22nd 2002, 7:20 pm

So, from the various posts, all the DVDs will have shipped by close of business today AND everyone who has had a set shipped to them will get a tracking number via e-mail...

...well, there's only a couple hours or Pacific time Friday to go and I for one have still recieved zero communication from AU.

A few hours will tell whether Ross is still a lying bastard or if he's reformed (yeah, right!).

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Nov 23rd 2002, 12:37 am

Hardware wrote:So, from the various posts, all the DVDs will have shipped by close of business today AND everyone who has had a set shipped to them will get a tracking number via e-mail...

...well, there's only a couple hours or Pacific time Friday to go and I for one have still recieved zero communication from AU.

A few hours will tell whether Ross is still a lying bastard or if he's reformed (yeah, right!).
It seems likely, given the history of recordkeeping problems (to put it politely) at AU, that they simply have a lot of incorrect e-mail addresses in their database.

I'm still out $115 and the bonus materials, so I'm as pissed at AU as anybody, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the e-mails, and chalk the lack of them up to incompetence and not malice. My e-mail address changed between the time I ordered and the time the order shipped, and I send the change to AU a few times. I never got any e-mail of tracking info from them, but the set did arrive at my house pretty much exactly when I was led to expect it. So I wouldn't worry too much about not getting the tracking number. They DO at least seem to be sending the sets out.

JRjr

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Nov 23rd 2002, 4:40 am

I live in Sweden (if anyone forgot) and I have now recieved a UPS-tracking number. Great :)
----------------
Make it count.

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Nov 23rd 2002, 4:42 am

Well, I take it back. I did receive a tracking number by e-mail (although it's only a request for shipping, UPS don't actually have the parcel yet in their possesion yet - some people in the first wave received this but didn't get their parcel because AU never delivered the package to UPS).

For those international customers who didn't get an e-mail 'cos their e-mail address changed, my package (and I presume everyone elses) is being sent "UPS Express". To find out how long it will take to get to you, check out UPS's website. At least he shipped it on a reasonable service - I can expect delivery about 3-5 working days after UPS get it.

So now I guess we have to fight to make sure we see all our bonus stuff - interesting that AU said that the other bonus items were going to ship late November/early December but we have yet to see any evidence of the "T-shirt size selection" he mentioned.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 23rd 2002, 2:46 pm

KrokRos wrote:I live in Sweden (if anyone forgot) and I have now recieved a UPS-tracking number. Great :)
KrokRos,

I am so glad that you finally got some information about your set. I hope you receive it soon.

All the best,

Lance Man :)