Any Canadians Confirmed wave 2?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Nov 23rd 2002, 1:28 am

I got a shipping notification with a UPS tracking number...but I thought they were going to mail international orders.

If I have to pay UPS a brokerage fee to get my discs, I'm going to be very upset. :(

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Nov 23rd 2002, 1:36 am

What?? A UPS fee? I know nothing about UPS, all I know if that I was told shipping would be FREE....If I have to pay for something else I may flip out. That is, if I ever even get the DVDs in the first place.

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Nov 23rd 2002, 9:44 am

hollis27 wrote:What?? A UPS fee? I know nothing about UPS, all I know if that I was told shipping would be FREE....If I have to pay for something else I may flip out. That is, if I ever even get the DVDs in the first place.
Anytime in the past when I've received a shipment from the US via UPS, I've had to pay them an additional amount on top of the GST and provincial sales tax.

For instance, I received a book from a US publisher in August 2001. The value of the book was $40.00 US, which was $61.34 Cdn at the time. (Ah, the good old days. It's more like $64.00 now.)

Anyway, I had to pay UPS a total of $32.38 for the book. (Over and above the $40.00 US that I had already paid the publisher). Here's the breakdown: (Yes, I still have the invoice)

Brokerage GST: $1.56
Customs GST: $4.29
COD GST: $0.28
Total Government Charges: $6.13
Entry prep fee: $16.75
Disbursement fee: $5.50
COD Surcharge: $4.00
TOTAL INVOICE: $32.38

I am not making this up. This is why I never order anything from outside the country if it's going to be shipped UPS, and why I was quite happy to hear that AU was going to be mailing the international orders.

Jim

PS. There was no provincial sales tax (an additional 8% in this case) because there's no PST on books in Ontario.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

RyeSwmmr
Tino

Post by RyeSwmmr » Nov 23rd 2002, 12:23 pm

I too just got an e-mail with a UPS tracking number. I'm with Jim, I'll be totally pissed if I have to pay anything on top of this. In fact, I have spent the last week phoning AU trying to find out how they would be shipping to Canada because I was concerned about extra costs but of course I never got a hold of anyone or got my messages returned.

As soon as anyone gets them in Canada, please post if you had to pay additional charges. I'm so wishing I could cancel and get them at HMV.

canadiangirl
Frozen Embryo

fees

Post by canadiangirl » Nov 24th 2002, 9:59 pm

Having worked for canada post, I definitely know how enormous the fees and charges can be for things shipped from the US. :( I'm curious as to what value the dvds were marked as on the customs form....

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 25th 2002, 1:42 am

You will without a doubt be paying more for UPS service, probably in the neighborhood of $50CAN, since the taxes will be based on $170CAN (which will by themselves be about $24@14%). The entry prep, COD, and dispersment fees are standard for UPS, and go up depending on the dollar value of the shipment. If they had shipped USPS it would have cost about half that, since you'd only pay taxes and a $5 handling fee instead of the $27 UPS charges.

I'm glad I ordered from Amazon.ca and paid $100CAN delivered. 8)

Khatt
Jody Barsh

Post by Khatt » Nov 25th 2002, 12:49 pm

I still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to think I'm not going to hear a word about this. At all. Despite the fact that they have my money. I guess that's all they wanted anyway.
"If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts."

grizzle
Tino

Post by grizzle » Nov 25th 2002, 5:12 pm

I alos have heard nothing :cry:

They have my money twice :cry:

I am gutted!!
Bear without dvds or tracking number *sobs*

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 25th 2002, 6:34 pm

Amazon.ca has delivered my set ($101CAN delivered). My bank is still working on the charge back...

misheebel
Tino

Post by misheebel » Nov 25th 2002, 7:16 pm

I can't believe it! I received my tracking # on Friday night! I was so excited that it didn't even occur to me that we'd have to pay additional fees...this is very upsetting! What recourse if any do we have? I really wasn't prepared to what some of you have said may be up to $50CAD!

crimsonglowgurl
Liberty High Student

Post by crimsonglowgurl » Nov 26th 2002, 5:46 pm

im so pissed off, i too feel like im not going to get anything...ive only been charged the preorder fee back in feb and i can see it now trying to contact au and them saying "Sorry, we dont have a DVD for you, we have no record of you paying" friggin jerks...
never again will i ever get swept up into buying anything off teh net
this has ruined my experience for life
next time someone tries to tell me one time only, exclusive, must buy off the net etc etc, im gonna say !@#$ it will be in HMV in a couple months...
sorry im so bitter...but this is beyond ridiculous now

hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Nov 26th 2002, 6:59 pm

i didn't pay any brokerage fees. i just got my set and paid $22 of GST, but that was it, AU covered all the shipping costs....

now if i could only get the bonus disk....who cares about the gift cert, i'll never buy anything from AU again.