More reason to get the word out to Twilight Zone fans.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
v3team
Frozen Embryo

Observations from V3 Team

Post by v3team » Nov 14th 2002, 7:17 pm

Please don't kill the messenger!!!

We have enjoyed reading all of your posts regarding AU and really feel your pain! Each of us here are fans of great entertainment and it sucks to be taken for a ride (trust us we know...we are located in Las Vegas!!!).

We see how passionate you are about this issue and want to say how hilarious the website is and all the contributions to the site are! If you don't know what we are talking about...visit http://mitglied.lycos.de/mephistomscl/home.html

In fact, the team here wants to do something for everyone concerned (burned). We like the songs that have been written and even composed and are going to put them in a collection to burn to disk. If you would like a copy, feel free to contact us!

The key to successful customer service is open communication!
--V3Media Team

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Observations from V3 Team

Post by Jason R » Nov 14th 2002, 7:29 pm

Dear V3:

Wow, that is awfully cool of you.

It really sucks when good companies like V3 and BMG get caught up in the nonsense of other companies.

If I can make a recommendation, I don't really care if companies do business with AU or not, but DO force them to post a notice on their order page that these are DVD-Rs and that people should check for compatibility. Why sell to people and withhold that information when telling people makes for informed decisions and happier customers all around?

Otherwise, you will just get caught holding the bag like all of us, and this company has a habit of doing that to people.

Personally, I think that JIT-manufactured DVDs will be great for niche customers. Don't let this leave a bad taste in your customers' mouths, as AU did with MSCL.
v3team wrote:Please don't kill the messenger!!!

We have enjoyed reading all of your posts regarding AU and really feel your pain! Each of us here are fans of great entertainment and it sucks to be taken for a ride (trust us we know...we are located in Las Vegas!!!).

We see how passionate you are about this issue and want to say how hilarious the website is and all the contributions to the site are! If you don't know what we are talking about...visit http://mitglied.lycos.de/mephistomscl/home.html

In fact, the team here wants to do something for everyone concerned (burned). We like the songs that have been written and even composed and are going to put them in a collection to burn to disk. If you would like a copy, feel free to contact us!

--V3Media Team

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 14th 2002, 8:12 pm

v3team wrote:Please don't kill the messenger!!!

--V3Media Team
:D Consider yourself contacted!

I think I may have to investigate further into V3 and see if my DVD player is compatible. Last Christmas I transferred a bunch of the wife's childhood home movie reels to VHS. Would be cool to now transfer that tape to a CD-R!

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 14th 2002, 11:40 pm

v3team wrote: In fact, the team here wants to do something for everyone concerned (burned). We like the songs that have been written and even composed and are going to put them in a collection to burn to disk. If you would like a copy, feel free to contact us!
finally someone has come up with a bonus disc for us long suffering mscl fans :)

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Nov 17th 2002, 7:03 pm

Heh...if you guys DO burn a disc of the songs at the Infomercial-Man site, then you have my official permission to include the .WAV file I sent Jason of my "Battle Hymn" satire song. Be warned...I do NOT have a good singing voice! But Jason can tell you what he thinks; he laughed his ass off! :D
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 20th 2002, 10:42 am

From the au.com order page:

http://www.anotheruniverse.com/store/br ... _sku=TZDVD

"Due to the process used to create the disks, some older dvd players may have trouble playing them. For a complete list, click here. If for some reason The disks do not play you can return them for a full refund."

and

"All credit cards will be processed by V3 Media."

So it looks like the MSCL fan board had two effects on au.com's next project:

1) Disclosure of possible compatability problems.

2) Credit card processing by the manufacturer... which by the way seems like a really strange arrangment! It's like being billed directly by GWhiz and BMG Special Products. (As weird as that sounds at least we would have gotten us our stuff by now.)

What service is AU.com providing exactly? Web space? Marketing?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 20th 2002, 10:52 am

"looking like they have a followup product" is the most likely service.
pgh_kenny wrote:
What service is AU.com providing exactly? Web space? Marketing?

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Nov 20th 2002, 9:28 pm

I just posted something about the latest changes - for the better! - over here on the HTF.[/url]
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 20th 2002, 9:34 pm

David Lambert wrote:I just posted something about the latest changes - for the better! - over here on the HTF.[/url]
we are naive if we think they learned from their "mistakes."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 21st 2002, 6:55 am

Some theories and thoughts on the changes in the TZ listing:
(These were gathered from other forums, but apply here)

1. All credit cards will be processed by V3 Media.

How much you want to bet that V3 learned how AU treats its vendors and insisted that the customers pay them directly? I think thats hilarious! The money isn't even going into AU! Maybe V3 will take its sweet time getting the money back to them.

2. If for some reason The disks do not play you can return them for a full refund.

Just like all the people who have canceled their MSCL sets? Oh wait, nobody has been refunded for their canceled set. Hmmm. Oh nevermind, it won't even be AU's money, it will be V3's! Thats good for the customers.

Sounds like V3 is holding AU's hand to make sure they don't get messed with Anotheruniverse like we have...

Another theory posted on the HTF that could also be true: What if Authorize.net is no longer letting AU use their system to charge customers? Or maybe they've put a cap on it, so AU can't mess up too much.

Either way, I'm very glad to see that our postings here seemingly acted as a warning to V3 and maybe they won't get screwed by AU. The word is getting out!
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."